Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tareke Ethiopia Somalia War of 1977

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Las Qoray, Erigabo, Hadaftimo, Dhahar, Xingalol, Gelewiyt, Celaayo, Djibouti, Harena.

Re: Tareke Ethiopia Somalia War of 1977

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:53 pm

:lol: We've hit a brick wall, we can't finish the Ogaden conversation until you post a quote from the Cuban administration outlining their plans in the Ogaden region.

Until you find one, I'm just giving us something to discuss :up:

Now give me your opinion on Eritrea slaughtering 5000 Cuban soldiers in yet another war the USSR made you fight.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:54 pm

This topic is about Ogaden War not Eritrean.

I only answer questions about such war,when we finish this conversation we may talk about the another one.

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Las Qoray, Erigabo, Hadaftimo, Dhahar, Xingalol, Gelewiyt, Celaayo, Djibouti, Harena.

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:56 pm

This topic is about Ogaden War not Eritrean.

I only answer questions about such war,when we finish this conversation we may talk about the another one.
Are you afraid to discuss the painful memory of 5000 young Cuban men and women being slaughtered by a rag-tag Eritrean militia?

Fair enough. We will finish this conversation when you post the Cuban administrations aims in Ogaden, something you've failed to provide on 11 occasions.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:58 pm

We've hit a brick wall, we can't finish the Ogaden conversation until you post a quote from the Cuban administration outlining their plans in the Ogaden region
I dont have to post anything else.

We defeated Somalia and you can not prove I am wrong,I am still waiting for your sources.

I only show you the reality:Ogaden still belongs to Ethiopia.

you said cubans didnt save Mengistu:I sent to you an article and a video which support me.

Final Outcome:I win,because my rival doesnt have sources to prove I am wrong.

I give you a last chance,bring me a source of the victory.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Are you afraid to discuss the painful memory of 5000 young Cuban men and women being slaughtered by a rag-tag Eritrean militia
I am afraid because you have not prove me you are a serious historian,when you give a source when can talk about the another war.

Bring me the source or article of cuban defeat in 1978.
Fair enough. We will finish this conversation when you post the Cuban administrations aims in Ogaden, something you've failed to provide on 11 occasions.
I only say we obeyed soviets orders and we destroyed Somali Army adn WSLF,that is all.

I accept it. :clap:

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 pm

I dont have to post anything else.
You won't, or you can't?
We defeated Somalia and you can not prove I am wrong,I am still waiting for your sources.
If you call losing 400 men at the behests of your master who forced you to be a pawn for him a continent away a 'victory', sure :lol:
I only show you the reality:Ogaden still belongs to Ethiopia.
That proves Somalia didn't accomplish their original aim, nothing else.
you said cubans didnt save Mengistu:I sent to you an article and a video which support me.
You assumed I was referring to the war, when in reality you're original statement made it sound like you were arguing that Cuba's actions saved the Derg regime, which was false, since a few years later it was overthrown.

If you're referring to the Ogaden war, Cuba did save Ethiopia.
Final Outcome:I lose,because I don't have any sources to prove I am right.
Agreed.
I give you a last chance,bring me a source of the victory.
No, I'll give you one more chance, we're into double figures now. Show me a direct quote outlining Cuba's aims in the Ogaden region.

:lol:

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:07 pm

I am afraid
Agreed.
Bring me the source or article of cuban defeat in 1978.
Quote where I've stated Cuba suffered a defeat or concede to being a liar :lol:
I only say we obeyed soviets orders and we destroyed Somali Army adn WSLF,that is all.
But at the beginning of this thread you stated that a victory is measured by whether or not you completed your objectives, I've asked you for Cuba's objectives and you're still unable to post them :lol:
I accept it. :clap:
You accept that you're wrong? Good :lol:

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 pm

You won't, or you can't?
You are not match

If you call losing 400 men at the behests of your master who forced you to be a pawn for him a continent away a 'victory', sure
Well to me is a victory,defeating Somali Army and WSLF on the field and nobody can deny it.On the military field we won,that is the important.
That proves Somalia didn't accomplish their original aim, nothing else
At least Siad Barre failed accomplish them and he signed a peace in 1988,he resigned Ogaden claims.Until 2006 Somalia was not a threat to ethiopia because its civil war in fact many warlords supported Ethiopia those times.
If you're referring to the Ogaden war, Cuba did save Ethiopia

Of course idiot,dont you understand english,the video is about Ogaden War not eritrean,oromo or tigray war.

No, I'll give you one more chance, we're into double figures now. Show me a direct quote outlining Cuba's aims in the Ogaden region.
We were to serve Russia and we defeated our enemy,that all.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:15 pm

the cubans goals were expelled SNA and WSLF from Ogaden and they did it.

Dont you see the reality you pathetic army and insurgency was defeated and expelled from Ogaden.

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:17 pm

the cubans goals were expelled SNA and WSLF from Ogaden and they did it.
For the 14th time, prove it :lol:
Dont you see the reality my pathetic army and insurgency was defeated and expelled from Eritrea after 5000 of us were massacred.[/quote :lol:

Agreed

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Nomad;If the war was a stalemate show me your sources of such outcome,I have many sources of my victory but you dont have one,now you understand why I dont believe you.

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 pm

Luis if the war was a victory and you agree that victories are measured by whether or not you accomplish your military goals, show me a source from the Cuban administration that explicitly states their goals :lol:

For the 15th time.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 pm

You have little imagination,I think you admire me because you are copying everyrhing I say.

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/oscar/ogaden1976.htm

Following Moscow's decision to support Addis Ababa, Ethiopia received massive amounts of Soviet arms. Along with Soviet military advisers, about 15,000 Cuban combat troops also arrived. By early 1978, this aid had turned the tide of war in Ethiopia's favor. By March 9, 1978, when Siad Barre announced the withdrawal of the Somali armed forces from the Ogaden, the Somali military had lost 8,000 men--one-third of the SNA, three-quarters of its armored units, and half of the Somali Air Force (SAF).

For all intents and purposes, Ethiopia's victory during the Ogaden War ended Mogadishu's dream of recreating Greater Somalia.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Nomad:If the war was a stalemate show your sources of such outcome is very easy.

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Nomad » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm

State Entry Exit Combat Forces Population Losses
Cuba 1975 1987 150000 8700000 5000

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/echo/eritrea1961.htm

What's it like being forced by the USSR to travel to Africa to confront a rag-tag militia and losing 5000 troops? :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.