Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
User avatar
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 28963
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm

What next? What is there to support?

User avatar
Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5607
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 7:00 pm

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Skippa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm

:lol: Thanks in part to Joe Lieberman!

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3532
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 pm
Location: Las Qoray, Erigabo, Hadaftimo, Dhahar, Xingalol, Gelewiyt, Celaayo, Djibouti, Harena.

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby The Nomad » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 pm

*insert facepalm picture*

It's not 'dead', because it was never 'alive'.

The Democrats could have passed multiple health care reforms already had they tried a little by little approach, but trying to shoehorn it all together is causing the kind of stoppage they seek. If 'change' doesn't happen, the Republicans and a few Democrats can be blamed, and idiots will believe it.

User avatar
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 28963
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:33 pm

This is one of the problems with democracy. The only reason this guy is not supporting an idea he supported just three months ago is because "liberals" like it. Wtf did you get voted in for? This is the reason you are an obstacle to soemthing that matters to millions of Americans? Because another congressman like Anthony Weiner from New York likes it??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/1 ... 92887.html

Obama is such a flower wallahi. Tell the focking democratic leadership to move to reconciliation and simple majority..who cares about 60 vote and trying to be bipartisan. Does Obama want to be remembered as keeping true to some election campaign hoopla no one will remember or he will do something his party wanted for 60 years and will not get the chance after him?
Last edited by Voltage on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5607
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 7:00 pm

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Skippa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Spot on bro...ultimately, the blame lays with that doqon Obama, always straddling a fence somewhere. The softest president in recent memory :down:

User avatar
FAH1223
webmaster
Posts: 33811
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: THE MOST POWERFUL CITY IN THE WORLD
Contact:

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby FAH1223 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Democrats suck

The Nomad
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 3532
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 pm
Location: Las Qoray, Erigabo, Hadaftimo, Dhahar, Xingalol, Gelewiyt, Celaayo, Djibouti, Harena.

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby The Nomad » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Skippa wrote:Thanks in part to Joe Lieberman!


Incorrect. Listen closely,

Lieberman doesn't always side with the Democrats (the current group at least) on foreign matters and doesn't believe a public option is great (given the current economic troubles), but he votes with the Democrats most of the time.

He's supported them on numerous left-wing causes like protecting the environment. That he's being questioned and derided for following what he believes is best for his country and not being a mindless Democrat drone is nothing short of laughable.

He's easily one of their most reasonable members. Easily.

User avatar
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 28963
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

FAH1223 wrote:Democrats suck


56 of them in the senate do not . 3 of them do. 1 got bought over to support right.

User avatar
Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5607
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 7:00 pm

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Skippa » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 pm

The Nomad wrote:Incorrect. Listen closely,

Lieberman doesn't always side with the Democrats (the current group at least) on foreign matters and doesn't believe a public option is great (given the current economic troubles), but he votes with the Democrats most of the time.

He's supported them on numerous left-wing causes like protecting the environment. That he's being questioned and derided for following what he believes is best for his country and not being a mindless Democrat drone is nothing short of laughable.

He's easily one of their most reasonable members. Easily.


are you daft? read what voltage wrote up there. in 2000, he ran on the very idea that he's currently opposing (it has nothing to do with a public option...that issue has long been put to bed)
As recently as 3 months ago, he was advocating for it. Now that it was to come up for a vote, he's does a complete 360...and all because some progressive lawmakers were a little too excited about it. The focker wants to be contrary, plain and simple. The dems should make it clear to him that there are consequences to his sabotage. They should strip him of all committee appointments
Last edited by Skippa on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 28963
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

The Nomad wrote:
Skippa wrote:Thanks in part to Joe Lieberman!


Incorrect. Listen closely,

Lieberman doesn't always side with the Democrats (the current group at least) on foreign matters and doesn't believe a public option is great (given the current economic troubles), but he votes with the Democrats most of the time.

He's supported them on numerous left-wing causes like protecting the environment. That he's being questioned and derided for following what he believes is best for his country and not being a mindless Democrat drone is nothing short of laughable.

He's easily one of their most reasonable members. Easily.


Do us a favor and stick to British politics, capisce?

User avatar
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 28963
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Skippa wrote:are you daft? read what voltage wrote up there. in 2000, he ran on the very idea that he's currently opposing (it has nothing to do with a public option...that issue has long been put to bed)
As recently as 3 months ago, he was advocating for it. Now that it was to come up for a vote, he's does a complete 360...and all because some progressive lawmakers were a little too excited about it. The focker wants to be contrary, plain and simple


He is British, don't blame.

Joe Libierman is doing this out spite. Plain and simple. He is a warmongering Jewish American who got happy everytime Bush acted out against Muslims and Democrats just got tired of him. Which is why less than 5 years after standing as the Democratic vice-presidential nominee he lost the primary in his state. Which is why he was McCain's number one supporter on campaign trail and since then trying to subvert the progressive politics of his own party and the president.

User avatar
abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 12628
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:18 am
Location: Kismayo

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby abdisamad3 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

voltage move to where I live when your finish with your studies..we have everything free here..i'll finde a nice apartment..and if needed hook you up with a nice xalima..forget about U.S politics... :up: :lol:

User avatar
Mad May
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:43 am
Location: viewtopic.php?f=245&t=246822

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Mad May » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 pm

abdisamad3 wrote:voltage move to where I live when your finish with your studies..we have everything free here..i'll finde a nice apartment..and if needed hook you up with a nice xalima..forget about U.S politics... :up: :lol:

Gayest sentence ever?

User avatar
Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 49034
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Somewhere far, far, far away from you forumers.

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Basra- » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Obamas propensity desire to be Mr. Centrists and Mr. Nice guy is getting in the way for him to do his democratic job! :x He is too busy to appease the right wing and come off as Nice. And worst--he elected Lieberman as chairman after lieberman betrayed him in campaigning for mccain! :x Lieberman is JUDAS!! Walaahi the very physics of him repells me! His large meaty rotund nose, his square head shape, his intolerable rabai weak voice and that oeuvre of latent homosexuality that he carries ticks me off! :x :roll:

Obama will not pass any health care bill, he doesnt have the balls. He has given his balls to dalai lama to storage for him. :| :cry:

User avatar
Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 28963
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: SO Health care reform in the Senate is dead

Postby Voltage » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Skippa wrote:They should strip him of all committee appointments


You know you are done in the party when your own congressional collegues from your own state and party want you to be recalled even though your state doesn't have that clause. :lol:

http://www.theday.com/article/20091215/NWS12/912159983


OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General - General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests