Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Calling Card To Call Somalia!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Best Calling Card To Call Somalia!

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:13 am

Africa MAMA Phone Card: :up:

It let me speak with my grandmother on the phone for an hour and half for $5 nonstop. :clap:

My grandmother is really elite in her Generation, how many Somali Grandmothers do you know, that know how to read and write Somali? She was born 1922 and at 88 is learning English.

I am going to start writing her biography this summer, inshallah, she is a living history, who has eye witnessed majority of the stuff that is written in Books today.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Best Calling Card To Call Somalia!

Postby zingii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 am

Naga daa faanka dee sxb.

Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:25 am

Still got Minutes left going to call my two brothers in Kismayo and step uncle who happens to be in Mogadishu trying to get his house back cadi ma aha. Don't blame him his Villa is in Hodan a few blocks away from Villa Somalia. With a Peaceful Mogadishu his Villa will be worth more than half a Million Dollars.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 am

Caku faanka badan markaan maqlo, tubaako ma gashataa ayaa iqabata.

Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 am

zingii wrote:Naga daa faanka dee sxb.

Faan ma aha wa run, can your grandmother read and write Somali? Forget that can you parents read and write Somali or any other Language? wa maya so ma aha? :lol:

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 am

War maxaad la fagfag leedahay?

Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:34 am

zingii wrote:War maxaad la fagfag leedahay?

Just having an Interesting night talking to back home that's all. I assume you don't call Somalia?

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:37 am

I can imagine how yo start the convo (boowe see tahay). :lol:

Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:48 am

zingii wrote:I can imagine how yo start the convo (boowe see tahay). :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't write Somali much but, I can speak perfect Somali. All thanks to the few flight 13 friends I have, and family here and aboard, who cherish the Somali Language and culture.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 pm

dark, short ppl of bari amuse me.

Dionysus
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: I am incredibly hospitable -- when I am not shooting at you.

Postby Dionysus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:33 am

Where are you calling? An hour for a $5 phone to Puntland? War beenta daa. I call Somalia all the time and the longest you can speak on a $5 card is 20 minutes or less. A better option than using a phone card would be VOIP man. Just get skype or vonage for your relatives back home.

Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:47 am

Dionysus wrote:Where are you calling? An hour for a $5 phone to Puntland? War beenta daa. I call Somalia all the time and the longest you can speak on a $5 card is 20 minutes or less. A better option than using a phone card would be VOIP man. Just get skype or vonage for your relatives back home.

The Internet connection back is pretty bad, they can't handle skype, except my cousin who lives in Bosaso, got a bad ass connection.

There must have been something up with the card, cause it just went on and it, I was surprised myself.

qoraxeey
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby qoraxeey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:25 am

zingii wrote:dark, short ppl of bari amuse me.

:lol:

Gatspy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gatspy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Dioysus means for you to use skype calling their landlines. That would be cheaper for you. I haven't used a calling card for about three years. Now days I use http://www.smartvoip.com. Although Somalia landlines and Mobiles are highest rates they have, they're still cheaper than anyone else at 0.34 EUR a minute. So for me its roughly about 5¢ CAD.

Dionysus
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: I am incredibly hospitable -- when I am not shooting at you.

Postby Dionysus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Somalian_Boqor wrote:
Dionysus wrote:Where are you calling? An hour for a $5 phone to Puntland? War beenta daa. I call Somalia all the time and the longest you can speak on a $5 card is 20 minutes or less. A better option than using a phone card would be VOIP man. Just get skype or vonage for your relatives back home.

The Internet connection back is pretty bad, they can't handle skype, except my cousin who lives in Bosaso, got a bad ass connection.

There must have been something up with the card, cause it just went on and it, I was surprised myself.

I went to the Somali store today and I could not find it.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.