Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which School of Thought/Law Do You Follow?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Which School of Thought/Law Do You Follow?

Postby BlackVelvet » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Arabman ; I don't think they conflict and like Murax said and as was said before him none of them asked to be followed above the Sunnah. Like I said though it is important to learn ourselves and teach kids about these things. I was completely unaware until I crossed paths with a Shia, sucks that he knew more about Sunnis and schools of thought than I did.

Abdallah: Yes that's what I meant. I didn't know people took 'Schools' that seriously. You see Shia's actually follow a specific Imaam and I started to question whether Sunnis then follow a specific school but what you mentioned is taking this whole thing to a new level that I didn't even think Sunnis touched on!

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm just starting on my research but this whole thing came about for me because of crabs and halal food. The fish is good example; Hanafi teaches that only fish are halal that anything else living in the sea that is not fish is not halal. Shafici teaches that as long as it only lives in the sea it's halal. Also Hanafi teaches that things like horsefish or catfish, things that resemble non-halal land creatures are not halal whereas Shafici has only that one aforementioned rule.

To be honest I haven't looked at Mahdi or Ahmed much because they don't even sound familiar to me. Either way I know the madhhabs are not a means to divide the ummah unlike some people on here believe. It's something that I think is very interesting and Somalis should look into and teach to their children lest they start believing that there is no reason to call themselves Sunni even.[/quote]

I think you mean imaam Malik, right?

The extreme followers of the madhabs already divided the muslims. There is this hanafi shaykh who was asked about a hanafi man marrying a shaafici girl, do you know what he replied? he said the hanafi man can marry the shafici girl, because a muslim man can marry a jew or a christian. So if we look at his fatwa than we can conclude that a hanafi girl can't marry a shafici man, because a muslimah only marries a muslim, not a jew or christian.

Also the extreme Hanafies don't pray behind a Shafici or a Maaliki or a Hanbali man, why? because those three madhabs say that during the wudu we are allowed to wipe over our socks instead of washing the feet (which btw is the sunnah but there are conditions) while the hanafi madhab says it is not allowed to wipe over the socks when one makes wudu, and they consider that as an invalid wudu which ofcourse leads to an invalid prayer. So they wait until the shaficis pray when they finished their prayer and leave the hanafies enter.

that happens when we leave the sunnah for something else, there is nothing wrong with madhabs if the follower doesn't contradict the sunnah or if he doesnt hold on the madhabs in matters were they contradict the sunnah
:up:[/quote]

:up:

GrandpaKhalif,

Don't pay them any mind bro :lol:

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 pm

There is no such thing as a school of thought in Islam. There is Kitaab/Sunnah and thats it. If Imam Maalik, Shaafaci, Hanafi, Hanbali made mistakes in a certain issue We follow the correct opinion by the consensus of the righteous scholars. Blind following and fanatical partisanship of the madaahib was introduced to Muslims by their enemies to keep them divided.

As Imam Maliki said

"“I am but a man. I make mistakes sometimes and I am correct sometimes, so examine my opinions and accept anything that agrees with the Book and Sunnah; and leave anything that does not agree with the Book and Sunnah"
Murax this is what I basically said but they are calling me mujtahid :lol:
are you sure? :lol:

didn't you negatively claim that you, unlike the non-sensible madhabis, were capable of 'interpreting' the quran and sunnah 'correctly' and therefore don't follow any madhab? :?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 pm

^^
I don't argue with logs.

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 pm

grandpakhalif,

who's arguing with you :lol:

anyways, as i've said before, you're a confused person, with sheep qualities. stop claiming/stating things you can't comprehend. or maybe you can't help it, e.g. dementia?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 pm

grandpakhalif,

who's arguing with you :lol:

anyways, as i've said before, you're a confused person, with sheep qualities. stop claiming/stating things you can't comprehend. or maybe you can't help it, e.g. dementia?
May allah guide you with one ounce of kibr you cannot enter Jannah so stop belittling others

Salahuddiin
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salahuddiin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Layman doing his "own research" to find out what is wrong and what is right sounds kinda funny, when maybe 99% of the culamaa had a madhab they studied and followed.

In many issues of fiqh there is lot of different opinions, all based on some evidence and ijtihaad. A layman can't any way possible weigh out from two opinions based on different interpretations of evidence which one is more accurate, so usually they unsincerely just take what is easier for them.

Only in some individual issues there are CLEAR evidence contradicting opinion of some madhab, and then of course Muslim must follow that what is based on Kitaab and Sunna.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Layman doing his "own research" to find out what is wrong and what is right sounds kinda funny, .
I agree with most of the other things you said but this statement is actually rather insulting. What is the point of Islam if you don't try to find out/research what is right and wrong and then follow the religion accordingly?

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Layman doing his "own research" to find out what is wrong and what is right sounds kinda funny, .
I agree with most of the other things you said but this statement is actually rather insulting. What is the point of Islam if you don't try to find out/research what is right and wrong and then follow the religion accordingly?
I think they got the impression that you were trying to research to make your own fatwas :lol: :lol:

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah I guessed as much, sometimes it's like arrogant people are dropped from the sky to test your patience.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:19 pm

I am a Muslim.

Sakhraan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sakhraan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:27 pm

One that allows i can have sex with my 4 beautiful wives at the same--------orgy halal ah.

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Layman doing his "own research" to find out what is wrong and what is right sounds kinda funny, when maybe 99% of the culamaa had a madhab they studied and followed.

In many issues of fiqh there is lot of different opinions, all based on some evidence and ijtihaad. A layman can't any way possible weigh out from two opinions based on different interpretations of evidence which one is more accurate, so usually they unsincerely just take what is easier for them.

Only in some individual issues there are CLEAR evidence contradicting opinion of some madhab, and then of course Muslim must follow that what is based on Kitaab and Sunna.
:up: :up:

Salahuddiin
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salahuddiin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah I guessed as much, sometimes it's like arrogant people are dropped from the sky to test your patience.
Sis I didn't mean you when I wrote that, so I'm sorry if you got that impression.

I'm not saying that Muslim shouldn't study and read everything he can find about the subject and what scholars said about it. I only meant that a layman doesn't have capability to weigh all the evidence and assess himself which opinion is Islamically closest to the truth. That's why is good to have a madhab as a guideline to follow in fiqh, because otherwise he will just pick and choose according his desires in issues where is difference of opinion. And this is not the way that sincere believer makes decisions.

As for the topic, proud shaaficii here :mrgreen:, closest madhab to Sunna according sh. al-Albani :up:

Seriously though, there's no reason to grade different madaahib. They are all good and established by some of the greatest scholars of this umma and I have nothing but respect for all of them. Only Islamically ignorant person starts critizicing others about fiqh issues where is legal difference of opinion, when even sahaaba of Rasuulullaah had different approaches and opinions after Prophet's (scws) death. Caqiida is what unifies us, and in that there's no differences between the 4 imams and their madaahib.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Salahuddin; Thank you saas maxaa kudiidey? You have provided a response to all the questions I raised in my opening post. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.