Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Habesha people

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Habesha people

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 am

:up

?
sual furan.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Habesha people

Postby gedo_gurl » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:11 am

Really nice...just as long as you dont befriend them closely...Muslim or Gaal, they are a vindictive calculating people beyond the intial lovliness.. and an honest Somali would find it hard to be close friends with them.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 am

Really nice...just as long as you dont befriend them closely...Muslim or Gaal, they are a vindictive calculating people beyond the intial lovliness.. and an honest Somali would find it hard to be close friends with them.
typical female. one was not referring to everyday occurances and petty friendships. this is about their politics, their culture and their religion. their is something about their amazing, incredible courage, which led them to resist the attempt by Ahmad Gurey to Islamize them and plant Muslim sin their land. this is about their resistance to the Italians. this is about the way they way managed to befriend the colonials and inherit a nation of 70 million folks. this is about the way their influence reaches all the way from oromoland, to ogadenland, to somaliland and puntland, the latter via proxy and security arrangements. there must be something about their politics or as a people to get away with such domination for such a long time. so this shit is deep, in fact, deep, very, feri,deeb stuff. if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen xalimo! lastly, i greet you with the islamic greetings. after that, i greet you with a salam full of honey malab, cake, capuccino reer xamar, xalwa and lucious golden syrup, mixed with sugary somali shah, walal, :clap:

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:02 am

typical female. one was not referring to everyday occurances and petty friendships. this is about their politics, their culture and their religion. their is something about their amazing, incredible courage, which led them to resist the attempt by Ahmad Gurey to Islamize them and plant Muslim sin their land. this is about their resistance to the Italians. this is about the way they way managed to befriend the colonials and inherit a nation of 70 million folks. this is about the way their influence reaches all the way from oromoland, to ogadenland, to somaliland and puntland, the latter via proxy and security arrangements. there must be something about their politics or as a people to get away with such domination for such a long time. so this shit is deep, in fact, deep, very, feri,deeb stuff. if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen xalimo! lastly, i greet you with the islamic greetings. after that, i greet you with a salam full of honey malab, cake, capuccino reer xamar, xalwa and lucious golden syrup, mixed with sugary somali shah, walal, :clap:
Please, Habeshas did nothing against Gurey. All they did was beg for help. Gurey was close to destroying the whole christian kingdom if it wasn't for Portuguese help.

Italy did colonize Ethiopia for 5 years.The Piazza, also known as the city center in Addis Ababa., was built by Italians. THE NATIONAL MUSEUM ADDIS ABBABA was built by the Italians as a palace for Italian officals to govern their colony Ethiopia.

The Habesha's helped The British against Dervish warriors when they held Harar.

The Habesha's were given Ogaden because they were British allies and begged for the Ogaden. The same Habesha's who begged for Soviet help against Somalis during the Ogaden war. Ethiopia continues to be the world's biggest receipt of foreign AID. There nation is built on begging

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 am

The Habeshas masses and their bishops resisted Ahmed Gurey.

The rest of your analysis comes from typical somali futomadow pride. i am not interested in it. trying again and be more just in your analysis. if you underestimate and do not learn about your foes, you will never outwit them. :up:

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 am

The Habeshas masses and their bishops resisted Ahmed Gurey.

The rest of your analysis comes from typical somali futomadow pride. i am not interested in it. trying again and be more just in your analysis. if you underestimate and do not learn about your foes, you will never outwit them. :up:
:lol: :lol:

Deal with the facts.

Ethiopia was colonized for 5 years. They did kick out the Italians with British help. They begged yet again :down:

Gurey(AUN) was killed by a Portuguese. Gurey even enslaved many Habeshas and even their prince at the time

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 am

so what if ethiopia was colonized for five years? America was also a colony for a long time. Somalia was a colony for much longer than Ethiopia and Muqdisho was basically a district of rome. As for Ahmed Gurey: naaaaaaaaah, you don't say. Yes, he was killed by the portuguesse. but he encountered brave resistance from xabashis. they used to eat raw meat and hide from him in the night, whilst resisting him in the day. if somalis would run out meat, the clowns would surrender and say, " war ba, how can we fight hilib lan"? :mrgreen: so take your futomadow pride elsewhere.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:23 am

Ethiopia is the headquarters of the AU. Somalia is the headquarters of piracy . thus stop the futomadow pride and let us analyse this situation critically. pride leads to defeat. somalis have too much and it cost us dearly.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 am

Gaajo,

Habesha population r highly disciplined, they think power is given by God, they rarely question the legitimacy of their leaders. In 2005, when Mallas was in difficulties, a french journalist asked some Amhara Highland peasants wat they thought about the situation, they found weird the way Mallas put his power into competition. They have this natural discipline proper to all mountain dwellers.

Their r lousy warrior if not for a small noble cast, but will follow their leaders in all circumstances.

Orthodox religion and contact with the outer world through it is one thing that helped them most, they r aware of wats going on beyond the horn of africa.

They assimilate those whom they defeated or those who defeat them...look wat happen to this oromos from Raya north wallo, highly mixed with Amharas.
Some centuries ago these were the terror of the Habesha court of Gonder today totally assimilated they speak only amharic and Tigree

[youtube]-9gPvWTv1qI&feature=related[/youtube]

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:29 am

Anyone would have resisted Imam Ahmed for he was seeking total annihilation of the enemy; and seen the geography of abyssinia that was impossible, there is always a mountain to hide in.
Libna Dingil proposed three quarter of his kingdom but he refused.... :?

B.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:29 am

my friend barento. very good analysis. thanks.

ps. in those circumstances, it is also easy to capitulate and surrender.

CoolPoisons
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CoolPoisons » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 am

Anyone would have resisted Imam Ahmed for he was seeking total annihilation of the enemy; and seen the geography of abyssinia that was impossible, there is always a mountain to hide in.

B.
bareenta, U Oromos destroyed Harar iyo the Adal kingdom with Ur numbers

how the fock can U 30 million

i think Oromos destroyed Somalia. after 77 war, we housed millions of Oromo refugees without the support of the world

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:36 am

B.
bareenta, U Oromos destroyed Harar iyo the Adal kingdom with Ur numbers

how the fock can U 30 million

i think Oromos destroyed Somalia. after 77 war, we housed millions of Oromo refugees without the support of the world
Cool, we r thirty million because we adopted a lot of Somali tribes :up:
I do not think we destroyed Somalia post 1977, if we were able to destroy anything we would have destroyed ethiopia.
But we r grateful to our Somalis neighbours for their help :rose: when speaking our language was forbidden in our country u helped us to have a radio :rose:

B.

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 am

They are lovely people, laid back and patriotic.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:41 am

But we r grateful to our Somalis neighbours for their help :rose: when speaking our language was forbidden in our country u helped us to have a radio :rose:

B.
When was this? Under who's rule?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.