Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nationalism and patriotism

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Nationalism and patriotism

Postby *Nobleman* » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:51 pm

'Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds
will not be hastened forward by his lineage'

(I will try and find the proper source inshallah)

This quote basically puts to bed all nationalism, patriotism and qabil love. Perfect for us Somalis who display passion for something we happened to be born into, simply by chance.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Nationalism and patriotism

Postby Advo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Everyday as I grow older, I see the wisdom in that quote.

I see nationalism, patriotism etc as the biggest tool for divide and conquer, look how the primitive somalis behave on daily basis. SMH.

The UMMAH :up:

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:58 pm

This quote basically puts to bed all nationalism, patriotism and qabil love. Perfect for us Somalis who display passion for something we happened to be born into, simply by chance.
Nacas, i know you deleted "Prophet Muhammeds warning to somalia thread". If you are not nationalistic then what are you doing moderating a nationalistic somali forum? :?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Nacas, i know you deleted "Prophet Muhammeds warning to somalia thread". If you are not nationalistic then what are you doing moderating a nationalistic somali forum? :?
Bro I will address you assuming you are sane tonight. Nationalism is prohibted in Islam. I am muslim first, second and last.

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Bro I will address you assuming you are sane tonight. Nationalism is prohibted in Islam. I am muslim first, second and last.

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
And whats you point here Nobleman, that somalia should be scrapped. Learn to differentiate politics from the deen.
Somalia is nothing more than a country populated by mostly Somalis, with a TFG dowlad that seeks strong relations with neighboring Muslim countries. I agree with you that Nationalism is prohibited according to the Quraan and Sunnah. There is no doubt about that. But somalia is not built on nationalism, there are jareers, arabs and other large non-somali populations who live in somalia. Lastly does a person like you have the knowledge to talk about things like this, i don't think so.
So hold your tongue because the Ummah burns because of any fool opening his mouth as if he has knowledge.
Only scholars can meet up within conference and discuss such issues. Their words are what counts not those of the ignorant.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:27 pm

And whats you point here Nobleman, that somalia should be scrapped. Learn to differentiate politics from the deen.
Somalia is nothing more than a country populated by mostly Somalis, with a TFG dowlad that seeks strong relations with neighboring Muslim countries. I agree with you that Nationalism is prohibited according to the Quraan and Sunnah. There is no doubt about that. But somalia is not built on nationalism, there are jareers, arabs and other large non-somali populations who live in somalia. Lastly does a person like you have the knowledge to talk about things like this, i don't think so.
So hold your tongue because the Ummah burns because of any fool opening his mouth as if he has knowledge.
Only scholars can meet up within conference and discuss such issues. Their words are what counts not those of the ignorant.
No nothing about Somalia, just my personal opinion that nationalism means nothing to me, also as you have stated nationalism is prohibted in Islam, therefore it is no concern for me.

Deen encompasses politics

Talk about what. If your mind cannot comprehend that Ayah, with the source than thats your personal issue.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:34 pm

No nothing about Somalia, just my personal opinion that nationalism means nothing to me, also as you have stated nationalism is prohibted in Islam, therefore it is no concern for me.

Talk about what. If your mind cannot comprehend that Ayah, with the source than thats your personal issue.
The quraan and Sunnah states that Nationalism is wrong. I follow only the Quraan and Sunnah and agree 100% that nationalism is wrong. However bear in mind that somalia is not built on nationalism but by Muslims of different backgrounds who live on the east coast of Africa. Would you agree with that Yes/No?

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

I believe that is exactly what nationalism is, and that is what Somalia is built on

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 pm

The quraan and Sunnah states that Nationalism is wrong. I follow only the Quraan and Sunnah and agree 100% that nationalism is wrong. However bear in mind that somalia is not built on nationalism but by Muslims of different backgrounds who live on the east coast of Africa. Would you agree with that Yes/No?
No. Somalia is built on nationalism. U already mentioned there were jareer, reer xamar etc. so what is the uniting thing that built Somalia?

NATIONALISM

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:19 pm

No. Somalia is built on nationalism. U already mentioned there were jareer, reer xamar etc. so what is the uniting thing that built Somalia?

NATIONALISM
No, Somalia is not built on nationalism and Somalis are not nationalistic people, If they were, there would never have been Clan X vs Clan Y wars 20 years +. Somalia is a multicultural country, where somalis are the majority. We gained Independence from Italy and Britain in 1960.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:00 pm

galia,

I think ur confused on what nationalism is, but that's exactly what Somalia is built on. IF not then what is it, since u already mentioned there are jareer, reer xamar etc. and not all are ethnic Somali's then what is it built on? Is it not built on the idea of Somalia as a sovereign nation?

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 pm

galia,

I think ur confused on what nationalism is, but that's exactly what Somalia is built on. IF not then what is it, since u already mentioned there are jareer, reer xamar etc. and not all are ethnic Somali's then what is it built on? Is it not built on the idea of Somalia as a sovereign nation?
Its built on two colonies who gained independence from Italy and Britain in 1960. People why can't we thank Allah swt that we have a country called Somalia. Full stop.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.