Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

African American proclaims Somali Heritage

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: African American proclaims Somali Heritage

Postby LobsterUnit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:05 am

i believe the fool that disses islam and somalis on oromoindex forum is the nacas called xaarplaya. what a waste of space!

2ndtoNone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 2ndtoNone » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:09 am

in that case this DNA and DNA tests are useless to Somalis.
Because a person can only be considered to be a Somali ( or of Somali origin) when his clan is determined.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 am

in that case this DNA and DNA tests are useless to Somalis.
Because a person can only be considered to be a Somali ( or of Somali origin) when his clan is determined.
It's not useless in one sense, as the dna tests done here are all returning the same results, with he exception of dawa, of course. This casts doubt over the validity of the mythology that claims some tribes originate from middle eastern sheikhs, whilst other somalis originate from East Africa. In other words, it strengthens the case of those who argue that the stories of sheikh isaac, darood and co are all made up. Having said that, there needs to be testing of a large number of Somalis to determine.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 am

hey James, can you find out which tribe does this guy's ancestors belong to.

He can only be somali if his father is somali as well as his granddad (his fathre's father) his great grand father(his grand father's father) and so on.

If he has obtained the somali dna from the females( his mother, grandmother and soforth) he is still just the negro that he looks.
You can only receive Y-DNA from your father, your mother does not have a Y chromosome and it is impossible to get Y-DNA from your mother's side.
I got in touch with him but it looks like he's having trouble getting access to his STR results, they want him to pay for another test or something.
From the sound of his results, I think he got back E1b1b, which yes, Somalis as well as Algerian Berbers have, but so does a dozen other ethnic groups spread across Africa, it's 30,000 years old. It's a bit premature to say he has a Somali haplotype.

The "Somali" haplogroup is not unique to Somalis even, it's also found amongst Oromo, Afar, Beja, Sudanese, south Egyptians, and the Fur and Masalit of Sudan. It's 8.5 thousand years old!

You can find specific "Somali" haplotypes though, for instance in the last round of SomaliNet's local research our participants put "names to faces" for many of the haplotypes found in for instance the Hallenberg 2005 study, and those are much younger lineages than E1b1b1a1b in general, maybe a 500-1000 years old or younger.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 pm

So I've talked to him and he sent me his STR markers, he is definitely E1b1a8

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm

So what does that mean ?

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:32 pm

So what does that mean ?
West African

Ganjaweed
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ganjaweed » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:56 pm

E1b1a8? That's not even E3b, which is the Somali/Berber/Egyptian gene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup ... 28Y-DNA%29

BODHI
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby BODHI » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:20 am

LMFAO IN A WORLD WHERE SOMALIS DON'T EVEN WANNA CLAIM SOMALI SUCH AS I WHY WOULD HE WANT TO BE SUCH A THING

Aliyyi Oromada
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Aliyyi Oromada » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:15 am

bareento who sold the oromos as slaves?
and why didnt they fight againste the slavetraders?
Assalamu aleykum,

It wasn't a matter of fighting against slave traders. That's not how it worked. The institution existed for many reasons but predominantly because of war. If you were a nation which had wars prior to 'modern days' then there would have been captives taken from you & sold into slavery. That's how it worked in those days. So for example if the invasion of Somalia happened in 1806, rather than 2006, there would have been a market afterwards like any other war. And when you take a captive, you grab them by the ear and sell them in the market to merchants who specialize in the trade. Any region there is war, the markets nearby have slaves. Men, women and children. Christian or Muslim, white or brown, king or peasant. No exceptions.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Is Nabeela and Ganjaweed the same person? :o :lol: :lol: (Ganjounit as well)

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm

For some reason I feel sad watching him :( he is so adorbale though :up:
This character is obsessed with me :evil:

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 am

Assalamu aleykum,

It wasn't a matter of fighting against slave traders. That's not how it worked. The institution existed for many reasons but predominantly because of war. If you were a nation which had wars prior to 'modern days' then there would have been captives taken from you & sold into slavery. That's how it worked in those days. So for example if the invasion of Somalia happened in 1806, rather than 2006, there would have been a market afterwards like any other war. And when you take a captive, you grab them by the ear and sell them in the market to merchants who specialize in the trade. Any region there is war, the markets nearby have slaves. Men, women and children. Christian or Muslim, white or brown, king or peasant. No exceptions.
Wat depresses me is that there were/are no anti slavery mouvement in the Muslim world;
That the only two "Islamic" countries in Africa openly practice slavery (sudan and mauritania) :cry:

I think we Muslims need a kind of CULTURAL REVOLUTION...

B.

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:16 am

LMFAO IN A WORLD WHERE SOMALIS DON'T EVEN WANNA CLAIM SOMALI SUCH AS I WHY WOULD HE WANT TO BE SUCH A THING
speak for your self lowlife sharmoota..nacalad tullah.

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:17 am

Assalamu aleykum,

I see bro.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.