Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 29075
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 am
Location: Darul Kufr
Contact:

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:19 pm

paidmonk wrote:Somali nationhood and nationalism is a Darood & Dir concept, why even pretend to support it if you are not Darood or Dir? We all know that only Hawiye and Isaaq are very uncomfortable with the concept of Somali ethnic nationalism, so stop pretending and support your clan the best you can.


lol.

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 15340
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:19 pm

if we are honest with each other no such thing as Somalinimo exist, let us define the word Somalinimo, what does it mean, you could define it as an ethnic/group/community with a common language but you guys are confusing Somalinimo with the concept of nationhood and the idea of a nation corresponds to the human need for belonging to a group identity,
my point is you could be from Djibouti, Kenya/Somalialand or Ethiopia and still have Somalinimo,
So Somalinimo = for the sake of Pan-Somalism

User avatar
eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 5652
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: ** Xamar-Caddey**

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby eyes-only » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Cirwaaq wrote:Definition of Paradox: A statement that contridicts itself.

Online Example of a paradox: "I always lie" is a paradox because if it is true it must be false".


Let us end this paradox of stupidity... starting today... PEACE before UNITY and prosperity will give birth to Somalinimo without a doubt.

:rose: :up: Rebirth




Does that even make any sense? Peace before unity? How can you get peace if you don't even have unity....that is a paradox in itself.

Anyway, I thought Somalinimo or Somalism was based on our cultural/tribal identity and stretched beyond national borders, nobody is saying Somalinimo equals one country in this day and age....everyone knows there are Somalis all over Eastern Africa and the rest of the world so what exactly is your point? Because dividing up Somalia is not furthering the cause of Somalinimo (even if your poor attempt at redefining Somalinimo were to make any sense) and it will certainly not create peace and prosperity....and encouraging people to simply move is not really providing lasting solutions for Somalia or Somali nationals in general but simply encouraging displacement on a massive scale. Those opposing the systematic tearing up of Somalia into several weak states puppeteered by foreign powers are not opposing because of tribal Somalinimo but because of nationalism...because they believe in and wish to preserve their sovereignty. Being torn apart into mini puppet states goes against nationalistic believes and results in the rape of our sovereign nation hence why it is against my personal beliefs and should go against yours as well.....if you are trying to justify dividing up a wounded nation to create permanent rifts then shame on you. :roll:

Air Canada
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Posts: 1557
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Air Canada » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Why is grandpakhaliif laughing when paidmonkey (a Jareerteen) talks about "nationalism"?

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 15340
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:41 pm

So my dear Jebertis your concept of Somalinimo means the former Somalia which doesn’t exist, so I suggest you to stop wasting your energies living jeberti days long gone. no matter what you guys say about Hawiye , facts on the grounds will always dictate
my advice to you is: Accept the facts on the ground as it is but if it’s a consolation for you holding on to the concept of Somalinimo and nationalism feel free to do it

User avatar
Cirwaaq
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6472
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: Event Horizon periphery... HIILumination

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Cirwaaq » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:42 pm

eyes-only wrote:
Cirwaaq wrote:Definition of Paradox: A statement that contridicts itself.

Online Example of a paradox: "I always lie" is a paradox because if it is true it must be false".


Let us end this paradox of stupidity... starting today... PEACE before UNITY and prosperity will give birth to Somalinimo without a doubt.

:rose: :up: Rebirth




Does that even make any sense? Peace before unity? How can you get peace if you don't even have unity....that is a paradox in itself.

Anyway, I thought Somalinimo or Somalism was based on our cultural/tribal identity and stretched beyond national borders, nobody is saying Somalinimo equals one country in this day and age....everyone knows there are Somalis all over Eastern Africa and the rest of the world so what exactly is your point? Because dividing up Somalia is not furthering the cause of Somalinimo (even if your poor attempt at redefining Somalinimo were to make any sense) and it will certainly not create peace and prosperity....and encouraging people to simply move is not really providing lasting solutions for Somalia or Somali nationals in general but simply encouraging displacement on a massive scale. Those opposing the systematic tearing up of Somalia into several weak states puppeteered by foreign powers are not opposing because of tribal Somalinimo but because of nationalism...because they believe in and wish to preserve their sovereignty. Being torn apart into mini puppet states goes against nationalistic believes and results in the rape of our sovereign nation hence why it is against my personal beliefs and should go against yours as well.....if you are trying to justify dividing up a wounded nation to create permanent rifts then shame on you. :roll:


Peace before Unity:~ 50years we have made every attempt to unite the somalis without peace in their hearts. How many more years must we chase unity even though we do not have any peace?

Peace will create the opportunity for different groups to be able to enter into dialouge, peace will serve as the platform for the unification of the somali people.

Somalinimo does not have a single definition if this topic has shown anything. Paidmonk said it well as he believes somalinimo = Daroodnimo.

Somalinimo and nationalism are incompatible with Qabilism. Qabilism supercedes Somalinimo and nationalism. Qabilism is a survival tool a welfare system. Such system will become null and void if there is economic prosperity. Economic prosperity is a by product of Peace and good governance.

PEACE, PEACE and more PEACE it is the key.

PEACE before UNITY :up:
PEACE before SOMALINIMO :up:
PEACE before Nationalism :up:

Do we believe in peace?

Do we denounce terrorists and parasitic opportunists in our midst?

Do we encourge the peacefull parts of the somali regions or do we blame them for the flames of the not so peace full parts?

Are you ready to open your mind, there is no need to a defensive stance, we both wish to move forward the cause of the somali situation. I merely break with status quo and introduce alternate protocals.

Peace before you can accept a different this brain child :rose:

User avatar
udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9018
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby udun » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Cirwaaq wrote:I humbly admit any past statements and i don't deny any negativity i have projected against certain groups. I have since imposed a self sanction for a good reason and i have kept to it.

I still do not understand what somalinimo as an identity means to you?

what are you defending and against who?

Do you claim soul ownership, responsibility and accountability for the existance of somalinimo?


Somalinimo is my identity. What are you talking about? It is who I am and the identity that I share with my fellow country men and women.

I am defending against any one who is advocating the dismantling of my country and identity and any one who is manufacturing fake identities in order to dismantle real Somali identity.

Every Somali is responsible to defend it and should fullfill his/her reponsibililities to safeguard it. Why did we fight against British, Italians, the French, the Ethiopians, the Kenyans, and their stooges? We fought it for a simple reason of being independent, defining who we are, and claiming our destiny. If Hundreds of Thousands if not Millions of Somalis died for this cause, the last thing we need is someone who is in a mission to dismantle our identity and actually using the pen, paper, and cyberspace to wrongfully influence Somalis to forego who they are in this critical juncture of our history. We all know Ethiopia and those who back them want to kill that identity and any Somali with similar mentality is working for them. As a matter fact, I don't know if you are truly Somali but it is obvious you hate its existence.

I am just doing my national responsibilities to rebuttle you and others with my similar motives.

User avatar
Cirwaaq
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6472
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: Event Horizon periphery... HIILumination

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Cirwaaq » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:56 pm

It is not my responsibility to force open a closed mind that has believed it is part of an elite that has sole ownership of all of somalia.

It is not my responsibility to cure Cuqdad.

It is not my responsibility to make someone face their true fear. A fear based on a somalia governed by anyone other then his uncle.

I presented an alternate means to begin work towards the safety and prosperity of the somali people.

There will be no somalinimo without peace!

There will be no unity without peace!

Until you denounce all terrorism and negative propaganda you will never taste peace... and this is our collective responsibility and we will be held accountable by generations to come.

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 15340
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Somalinimo is my identity. What are you talking about? It is who I am and the identity that I share with my fellow country men and women.

your above statement doesnt make anysense
Dude the concept of Somalinimo is loaded with enormous complications, inconsistencies, contradictions, and paradoxes. The different meanings given to the word Somalinimo begins the difficulties , so what the hell are you saying, since you said my nationality , what is your nationality anyway are U from Djibouti, Somalia, Somaliland Kenya, Ethiopia etc etc

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 10442
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: singapore

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby LobsterUnit » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:13 pm

long live somalinomore. :up:

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 15340
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Udun
we hold opposing views on the concept of Somalinimo,although your Somalinimo concept is jeberti concept, I still respect your opinions but don’t try to impose your concept of Somalinimo on others

User avatar
udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9018
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby udun » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Cirwaaq wrote:It is not my responsibility to force open a closed mind that has believed it is part of an elite that has sole ownership of all of somalia.

It is not my responsibility to cure Cuqdad.

It is not my responsibility to make someone face their true fear. A fear based on a somalia governed by anyone other then his uncle.

I presented an alternate means to begin work towards the safety and prosperity of the somali people.

There will be no somalinimo without peace!

There will be no unity without peace!

Until you denounce all terrorism and negative propaganda you will never taste peace... and this is our collective responsibility and we will be held accountable by generations to come.



Now the spin and the efforts of creating identity crisis within Somalis have come down to these few items:

1. You love your country because you have cuqdad. It is other way of saying you need to get out of this cuqdad by hating your country. The question is who would believe it?

2. As an agent for foreign countries whose sole national interest is the denial of the return of the Somali state, one is claiming that she can't cure that cuqdad of loving your country. In another words, you love your country, we definitely can't treat you that illness. We can only treat you if you hate your country in the 1st place. This is how pathetic the Somali haters can get.

3. You want Somalia to exist because you want your uncle to govern. What a bull load of crap and who stated such a thing? Beenaale marqaantigiisuu fogeeyaa!

4. The agent provactuer claimed to have presented some work that "will" lead the Somalis to prosperity provided that they accept this new trick of manufacturing identity crisis among themselves. As a matter fact, you haven't presented any thing that would lead the Somalis to prosperity. You only showed what you handlers wanted and if you are defining "prosperity" by accepting endless identities until our enemies are pleased, then you are truly mistaken.

5. No Somalinimo until without peace. In other words, no Somalinimo until the dictation of Somalia's enemies are accepted. This agent provacteur have forgotten Somalis have a proverb that says "haddaad dhimanaysidna dhareerka waa la iska duwaa". We only thanking Allah the peace and prosperity in 11 provinces of Southern Somalia and the peace that exists the rest of the country (North East and North West). Some are definitely threatened by the peace and stability that has returned to majority of Somalia.

6. No unity without peace. In other words, no viable Somali government that can rule all of Somalia until foreign dictation is accepted. This agent provocatuer is incrypting her plans with buzz words. What this agent provocatuer is forgetting Somalia's enemies have wasted no effort to deny the return of independent and viable Somali government. Whenever it was close to establish it, the enemy of Somali nation and their surrogates in Somalia have denied it.

7. "Until you denounce all terrorism and negative propaganda you will never taste peace". There we go with the charge that you are a terrorist if you don't accept controlled peace. This agent provocateur is warning us that you will never have your country stable until you arrest or kill any Muslim who wants to rule and live under the Sharia law. No wonder why this agent did have the "Israeli flag" as an avatar. It looks like she has hatred towards Islam and is warning us the consequences if we don't follow the line of hers and her handlers. This is where she was heading and I am glad she blew her cover.

I gave up her last line. However, what is obvious is what you have here is someone who is in a mission to dismantle the Somali nation by creating fake identity crisis and trying to influence the folks here and elsewhere. It is basically the new tricks that is coming to the open as we moved on closer to claim our country.

User avatar
Cirwaaq
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6472
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: Event Horizon periphery... HIILumination

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Cirwaaq » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:40 pm

It is basically the new tricks that is coming to the open as we moved on closer to claim our country


What is your country?

Puntland?

Somalia?

Somaliland?

Last question which one of the following are you prescribed?

-Geodon
-Haldol
-Thorazine

User avatar
udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 9018
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby udun » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Long live the Somali Republic. :som: :up:

One note: never be silent on imposters who are trying to negatively influence you, especially, the issues that concern your country, deen, and national identity. Busting and challenging the myth will cause it to unravel itself.

Good night every one.

User avatar
Cirwaaq
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Posts: 6472
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: Event Horizon periphery... HIILumination

Re: Is Somalinimo a Paradox~!

Postby Cirwaaq » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Where is the republic?

Is the republic your version of republic like somalinimo is your version...?


OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General - General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests