Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali asylum seeker family given £2m house...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somali asylum seeker family given £2m house...

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm guessing Ismahan hasn't heard of the Mps Expenses Scandal.

Even the wealthy salaried politicians are abusing the system.

SummerRain
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SummerRain » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:04 am

Whether this newspaper constantly targets Somalis and other minorities or not, fact remains that it is absolutely disgusting for these people to be living like this in the expense of hardworking taxpayers. Utterly shameless wallahi..kulaha 'it was too poor of an area"..what are they? rich? or are they better than those working so hard to put food on the table for their families under the same circumstances? That unemployed lazy prick needs to be deported back along with the thousands like him!!! Disgraceful if you ask me.

Ismahan,

Would you feel differently if this family were living in the ghetto, being raped, shot at and become flat out dysfunctional?

They should work their way up, granted. However, the system allows them to do just that so you can't really blame them for taking full advantage of the "incentives" given to them and living the high life.

The news paper should go after the agencies that put them there not the individuals.
And I suppose the moral and ethical examples this man and his wife are setting for their young children would be a fine one!!!
If you are unemployed and the only effort you are making is to find ways to cheat the system, then yes; your place is in the ghette and your product should and will be dysfunctional. It would have been rational to give such living to a family that is trying to contribute to society and their own advancement. Those are the families who really deserve assistance of any sort.

E-S
No. A working opportunist is better than a lazy one!!!

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 am

isma

did u used to be lionheart? :|

SummerRain
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SummerRain » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:14 am

Basra,

If that is/was the case, I'd still be him :lol:

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 am

Whether this newspaper constantly targets Somalis and other minorities or not, fact remains that it is absolutely disgusting for these people to be living like this in the expense of hardworking taxpayers. Utterly shameless wallahi..kulaha 'it was too poor of an area"..what are they? rich? or are they better than those working so hard to put food on the table for their families under the same circumstances? That unemployed lazy prick needs to be deported back along with the thousands like him!!! Disgraceful if you ask me.

Ismahan,

Would you feel differently if this family were living in the ghetto, being raped, shot at and become flat out dysfunctional?

They should work their way up, granted. However, the system allows them to do just that so you can't really blame them for taking full advantage of the "incentives" given to them and living the high life.

The news paper should go after the agencies that put them there not the individuals.
And I suppose the moral and ethical examples this man and his wife are setting for their young children would be a fine one!!!
If you are unemployed and the only effort you are making is to find ways to cheat the system, then yes; your place is in the ghette and your product should and will be dysfunctional. It would have been rational to give such living to a family that is trying to contribute to society and their own advancement. Those are the families who really deserve assistance of any sort.

E-S
No. A working opportunist is better than a lazy one!!!

I agree they should get their ass moving, go to work like everyone else and be a good role model for their kids. However, I would blame the system that allows them to be dysfunctional while living in the high life with luxurious dwellings instead of the individuals who are taking advantage of the situation. What would you want them to say? No…I rather stay in the projects? If the opportunity is given, any human being would take the upper hand. This couple did just that.

SummerRain
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SummerRain » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 am

But examine the opportunity and where it will lead in the long run.What kind of opportunity is this exactly?One that will raise their kids to be lazy just like their parents and live on gov't handout practically stripped from taxpayers?....

Within the last two decades, if you are a Somali-American you would know the product of the welfare system. The system that gave opportunities to Somali families, the families who raised their kids in section 8 housing( some of these homes are in decent neighborhoods even the middle class couldn't afford) .Those kids are now in their 20s and majority of them are lost with no vision other than to follow the ways of their parents. What kind of values and ambitions did this system instill in these families and their children?

I dont think the pressing point should be if they live in a poor area or not but what vision do they have for their family. If they want to raise children with stronge moral and ethical foundation, then I dont think this is a the correct route to take. People can live in a poor area and with hard work and dedication can get themselves through it all. Milking the system and taking the shortest cut to get to the top will only lead to failure.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Asmahan,

I got your point. You don’t want them to become the product of their envirment by milking the system regardless of the neighborhood they live in. I agree with you 100% that welfare and government incentives should only be used temporarily

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:11 pm

^^
this is what 2 mil pounds(that's probably more than double in CAD$) will get you in UK? damn that's horrible...

you can get a fabulous mansion with private driveway in T.dot for about half the price of that london home..

Niya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: At the end of the tunnel, waiting for the light to come on.

Postby Niya » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 pm

^^^^ It is all about location, location, location though.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.