Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suaal: Mowliid & Christmas

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Suaal: Mowliid & Christmas

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:17 pm

First of all Christmas is not Nabi Cisse's birthday, it's a pagan ritual which has been practiced since the 1200's, its traditionn is to celebrate the Winter Solistice, the church later adapted this for various reasons. Now it's a commercial ploy used to make children coherce their parents to purchase items.

Nabi Rasullahi SCWS, birthday is completely different and it is an insult you compare the two. Shows your lack of knowledge on Islam. It seems your mocking the great practice of Mowliid to score a few cheap points. How despicable.
For all extensive purposes Christmas is to commemorate the birth of Isa AS, like Mowliid is for Muhammad SAW. Neither date is probably exact.

But why is celebrating the so called birth of Jesus haraam, and that of Muhammad halaal? They were both prophets of Allah. We're supposed to love and adore both of them.
No I would not celebrate it on Christmas but if his exact date was given I would simply fast in remembrance for he is not a prophet sent to my people but the people of bani israel.
Nabiyaasha ha kala saarin. You're supposed to love and adore all of them.

Why celebrate Mowliid then? Why not just fast like the nabi did?

Mzbeautifull
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mzbeautifull » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:18 pm

I never even knew Muslims celebrated Mohammeds birthday :shock: :?
i felt like that 6 years ago :shock: :?:

shrib, i see the point you are making here, so i wont bother in answering the question!
Seriously Muslims are strange people .. it's like we all follow
our own version of Islam .. :|

I thought it's not even allowed to celebrate Birthdays .. :|

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:19 pm

You are a narrow minded guy no matter how hard I try to convince you'll always defend the wahabi point of view so lets leave it at that.

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:21 pm

I would celebrate the exact birthdays of prophet Abraham Moses and Jesus peace be upon them by reading quran about their stories, senting blessings upon them and their families but unluckily no one knows their exact date. As for prophet Muhammad pbuh the ulama of ahlusunnah agrees on the exact date he was born, only wahabis and some others disagree with us.

yunis09
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby yunis09 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:21 pm

shrib, i see the point you are making here, so i wont bother in answering the question!

exactly inabti.....but shrib is making a point here......he doesnt believe in it himself, this question is targeted at those who celebrate the nabis birthday (subxaanallah :shock: )....so whats stopping them celebrating xmas.....since its a celebration of a nabi?

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

I would celebrate the exact birthdays of prophet Abraham Moses and Jesus peace be upon them by reading quran about their stories, senting blessings upon them and their families but unluckily no one knows their exact date. As for prophet Muhammad pbuh the ulama of ahlusunnah agrees on the exact date he was born, only wahabis and some others disagree with us.
They don't know if that day is his birthday or not. The only thing they know is the month and day of the week that he was born. And they took a day and adopted it as his birthday, much like Christians adopted December 25th as nabi Isa's birthday.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:25 pm

:up:

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:25 pm

I used to go to a dugsi that celebrated Mowliid. Never actually went to the event, but hey we got the day off on Mowliid and as a kid that was awesome :mrgreen:

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:27 pm

You are a narrow minded guy no matter how hard I try to convince you'll always defend the wahabi point of view so lets leave it at that.
I for the life of me have never been able to understand what a wahaabi was.

And as for my beliefs I follow Shafici school of law for the most part.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:28 pm

You are playing with fire my son, all your are doing is fighting Islam. Have you ever read the prophet pbuh last speech?

Always stick to the Quran and sunnah :up:

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Leave him. May Allah guide him towards love for prophet Muhammad pbuh.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:32 pm

You know what all jokes aside this argument seems very simple.

Did the prophet (saw) celebrate his birthday when he was alive?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Leave him. May Allah guide him towards love for prophet Muhammad pbuh.
Indeed your are with those whom you love :up:

Mzbeautifull
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mzbeautifull » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Shrib what did your dugsi teacher say in terms of celebrating
your own Birthday :? /... I mean .. how can they allow Prophet Mohammed SAW ..
birthday to be celebrated surely they can't go against others celebrating their own birthday :|

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:43 pm

shrib celebrating of birth or birthdays just not some thing muslims knew. it's new to us.

having said that, we have official holiday in the mowlid and people go to mosques and all that islamic lectures. some families give away traditional sweeties etc.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.