Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

investing in somalia

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
omar07
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

investing in somalia

Postby omar07 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

have anyone thought off investing in Somalia ? and what area is good to put your money in
I love my country , is just seems wrong to just forget in the past and live in the west.

I was thinking of real estate business, but war going on daily in every city almost , it's discouraging for me to even
think about going back and trying something new.

has anyone know someone who invested money back home in large scale ??

sav12600
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: investing in somalia

Postby sav12600 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:23 pm

SXB DON'T LET THE MEDIA LIE TO YOU,,THE ONLY PLACE IN SOMALIA THAT IS LAWLESS IS THE CAPITAL 'MOGADISHU'.
HAVE YOU DONE REASERCH ON PUNTLAND, THERE ARE CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS ALMOST IN EVERY CITY EVEN IN THE VILLAGES, IN UR INTO REAL-ESTATE I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO EITHER INVEST IN BOSSASSO OR GORROWE BECAUSE THOSE TOO CITIES ARE STILL GROWING AND THE PROPERTY PRICES ARE ONLY GOING UP.
THERE IS PROFIT TO BE MADE THERE AND THE MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR ASSETS WILL BE SAFE THERE.

somaliland10

Postby somaliland10 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 pm

i would reccomend u to invest in the neighboring country somaliland especially the city of hargeisa!!. one of the fastest growing cities in the horn and very peacefull. but if yust want to invest in somalia i would reccomend bosaso in the north.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:35 pm

i would reccomend u to invest in the neighboring country somaliland especially the city of hargeisa!!. one of the fastest growing cities in the horn and very peacefull. but if yust want to invest in somalia i would reccomend bosaso in the north.

Its not a neighboring country when there is no border to cross. :lol:

Invest anywhere you would like as long you can benefit the local community as well as make money for yourself insha'allah

somaliland10

Postby somaliland10 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Its not a neighboring country when there is no border to cross.
here we go again!! "walahi i was waiting for that line"its not a neighboring country" HATER!! get a life :heart:

FBISOMALIA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FBISOMALIA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 pm

sxb plz dont give siilander heart attack :lol:

leave them dream they are republic :ugeek:

somaliland10

Postby somaliland10 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Invest anywhere you would like as long you can benefit the local community as well as make money for yourself insha'allah

"dont give siilander heart attack" actually im laughing my ass off and thinking to my self..WHAT THE FUCK is wrong whit u guys!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

omar07
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby omar07 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:52 pm

I have been doing my own research regarding this and how I can establish investments on my home country but the fact reminds that every qabiil has their borders and if you end up becoming
famous and getting all the business in the wrong side of the border, it's more likely you will be shut down before you can even enjoy your wealth and dream.

SXB DON'T LET THE MEDIA LIE TO YOU,,THE ONLY PLACE IN SOMALIA THAT IS LAWLESS IS THE CAPITAL 'MOGADISHU'.
HAVE YOU DONE REASERCH ON PUNTLAND, THERE ARE CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS ALMOST IN EVERY CITY EVEN IN THE VILLAGES, IN UR INTO REAL-ESTATE I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO EITHER INVEST IN BOSSASSO OR GORROWE BECAUSE THOSE TOO CITIES ARE STILL GROWING AND THE PROPERTY PRICES ARE ONLY GOING UP.
THERE IS PROFIT TO BE MADE THERE AND THE MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR ASSETS WILL BE SAFE THERE.
it's gamble , for one who doesn't have knowledge in this field its dangerous game. How is garowe and bassoso any different from any other city that soon or later will be experiencing voilence and choas ?
no guarantees in investing in somalia. Only thing I can't turn away is my home country .

Only thing I can come up with is better just to buy the land and wait until things become clear that there's stability in the region

shiniile9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby shiniile9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is not a dream,this is Hallucination. :lol:

somaliland10

Postby somaliland10 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:06 pm

I have been doing my own research regarding this and how I can establish investments on my home country but the fact reminds that every qabiil has their borders and if you end up becoming
famous and getting all the business in the wrong side of the border, it's more likely you will be shut down before you can even enjoy your wealth and dream.

it's gamble , for one who doesn't have knowledge in this field its dangerous game. How is garowe and bassoso any different from any other city that soon or later will be experiencing voilence and choas ?
no guarantees in investing in somalia. Only thing I can't turn away is my home country .

Only thing I can come up with is better just buy the land and wait until things become clear that theirs stability in the region

"every qabiil has their borders and if you end up becoming
famous and getting all the business in the wrong side of the border, it's more likely you will be shut down before you can even enjoy your wealth and dream"

first of all somaliland is not a "clan" state. all somalis and people have RIGHT to invest and live their in peace like others. let me remind u of that there are lot of somalis from all over somalia that invest in somaliland. they own shares/stocks in telephone companies, xawala companies: like qaran mustaqbal. they are involved in the construction busniess and many more.! u are welcome if u want walaal!!

sav12600
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby sav12600 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Only thing I can come up with is better just to buy the land and wait until things become clear that there's stability in the region
THATS ANOTHER GOOD IDEA NEVER RUSH INTO THINKS, BUT I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO VISIST AND ALSO REASEARCH INTO SOMALIA'S STABLE REGIONS BEFORE YOU REACH ANY CONCLUSIONS IF UR SERIOUS ABOUT IT

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.