Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

China starts its biggest move in UN; leading Somalia issue

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: China starts its biggest move in UN; leading Somalia iss

Postby udun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Now the fuckin PM is marehan all the marehans are suddenly pro TFG . :lol:
Your country is doomed !
Long live the mighty Mareexaan :up: :up:

ciyaal_warta
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ciyaal_warta » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:03 pm

China is the best strategic partner You can have. They don't involve in a Countries internal affairs, politics, etc. they just keep things purely business unlike the West that adds a lot of strings :up:
true chinese worship money and more money :up:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 pm

James you are Canadian so you deserve some slack but your China-phobia is no different than the rest of the White Western world. China has strategic interests like all nations in the world but even if China rapes the world for a hundred years it will not match even 10 years of Western Europe's rape of Africa. It is about time China shared Somalia's issure with those presiding over Western hegemony.

Cirwaaq you are more than a laughingstock now.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

James you are Canadian so you deserve some slack but your China-phobia is no different than the rest of the White Western world. China has strategic interests like all nations in the world but even if China rapes the world for a hundred years it will not match even 10 years of Western Europe's rape of Africa. It is about time China shared Somalia's issure with those presiding over Western hegemony.

This is the thing, you think China is different, they're not.
I'm against any hegemony, Africa for Africans.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Voltage is deseperate as of now. :lol: He will take anyone who cares about Somalia or Africa. His people have got to change, you know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:42 pm

he is saying that the Chinese are evil conniving bastards.

but it would be hard for them to match even a percentage of what the west has done..

remember you are not the good guys.. you never were.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 pm

What gave you the impression I'm in favor of western hegemony in Africa? Do you just assume that since I'm Canadian I agree with what my government does?

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm

no im just telling you that we see the west for what they really are..

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Obviously Africa is not able to claim Africa now because they have not been given the chance. Europe closed of Africa from world markets in order to keep it their subserviant mineral reserve while giving east Asia its win in the race to the bottom when the West transitioned to service based economies. Little did the West realize that's how they rose at the start of the industrial revolution. Well now China has interests in markets to settle and is giving Africa the advantage in race to the bottom slowly building a middle class and expanding economy, China is the best thing for Africa's rise. Besides the Chinese consider themselves the master race and are obsessed with how they were taken advantage of in the 19th century. China has the greatest interest in the mutual rise of the 3rd world. Even if relative to their rise, it beats the status quo made and presided over by Western Europe.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 pm

What gave you the impression I'm in favor of western hegemony in Africa? Do you just assume that since I'm Canadian I agree with what my government does?
While that might be noble on your individual part you are part and parcel and sharing the spoils of that legacy.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Obviously Africa is not able to claim Africa now because they have not been given the chance. Europe closed of Africa from world markets in order to keep it their subserviant mineral reserve while giving east Asia its win in the race to the bottom when the West transitioned to service based economies. Little did the West realize that's how they rose at the start of the industrial revolution. Well now China has interests in markets to settle and is giving Africa the advantage in race to the bottom slowly building a middle class and expanding economy, China is the best thing for Africa's rise. Besides the Chinese consider themselves the master race and are obsessed with how they were taken advantage of in the 19th century. China has the greatest interest in the mutual rise of the 3rd world. Even if relative to their rise, it beats the status quo made and presided over by Western Europe.
When will Africa stop embracing "saviors" riding in from foreign lands with fistfuls of cash? They are rapists, not saviors. Only Africa can save Africa.
The Chinese are no different from the Europeans, they just want Africa's resources. If you think the fact that they were colonized and taken advantage of will make them more sympathetic towards Africa, did it make Israel or Liberia more sympathetic? The first thing Israel (a nation that suffered genocide) did was ethnically cleanse the Palestinians, and the first thing the Liberians (ex-Slaves) did was enslave the local Africans.

Wake up Africa, wake up!

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 pm

When will Africa stop embracing "saviors" riding in from foreign lands with fistfuls of cash? They are rapists, not saviors. Only Africa can save Africa.
The Chinese are no different from the Europeans, they just want Africa's resources. If you think the fact that they were colonized and taken advantage of will make them more sympathetic towards Africa, did it make Israel or Liberia more sympathetic? The first thing Israel (a nation that suffered genocide) did was ethnically cleanse the Palestinians, and the first thing the Liberians (ex-Slaves) did was enslave the local Africans.

Wake up Africa, wake up!
This is hoax argument. Liberia and Israel were an arm of Western colonial system and following Western colonial settler patterns. As for Wake up Africa, wake up. How awake can Africa be? Have you ever been to Africa? I have been to more countries in Africa then I have ever went to Europe, Asia or anywhere else. That 17 year old kid I met in Soweto is more awake than most middle-aged Westerners are in their own countries. It is not about being awake. Colonization and neo-colonizaton has made Africans more awake than anything else has done for any other group in other continents. The problem is the jump from awareness and having the tools to better yourselves. I think people are not aware and Westerners try to mask the extent to which Africa has been kept prisoner by the West's need for a free and unfettered mineral reserve. From Patrick Lumumba's assassination and the brazen separation of mineral rich Katanga (Rep. Congo) from Zaire (Dem. Congo) by the Belgians to the most recent coup attempt on Gabon's president in favor of a lackey controlling the oil there by Thatcher's son couple years ago, Africa has literally been tried to keep it dark and blind by the West.

Africans are the only people who can save Africa, that no one disputes, but first they need to garner the tools there and China has done more to help African get there in the last couple years than a century of colonization and neo-colonization by the West. I wrote this last month on this board:
Take any Western media talk about China and Africa with a pinch of salt. You have to realize I went to three African countries that have seen some of the highest level of Chinese involvement. We went there to analyze the development of Africa.

I used to think the way you thought above. Unlike Europe, China doesn't send welfare dependency aid. China sends economic capital that results in less money to governments and more actual investment that employs the Africans and helps get their economies going.

One South African minister spoke to us as AMERICAN college students and told us China is the best thing to happen to Africa. They really value China up there because China brings capital to actual development projects unlike welfare dependency which Europe wanted to keep Africa in. I can't help but go by their viewpoint.

For forty years, Africa was stagnant economically. But as soon as China became their primary trading partner, Africa is the fastest growing continent in the world? It is a complex argument about welfare aid (Europe) vs. investment capital (China).

Sure China is acting in self-interest, every nation acts in self-interest. But China's interest IS a strong African market. That is not the West's interest. The West already exports to markets all over the world. For them, Africa's markets are not important..what matter to West is their mineral wealth. China also cares about Africa's mineral wealth, but China uses it to export products back to Africa so China also desires strong African markets. China is today Africa's largest trading partner (replaced US four years ago) because it is in China's interest to see a strong vibrant African middle class and strong African consumers, able to buy, so it can export to them.

Basically China has stakes invested in Africa while Europe does not, which is why Africa's move towards economic self-sufficiency is important to China while it is not to Europe which means China will also act in the self-interest of the Africans while Europe does not. This is why the West gives aid and takes minerals, but China invests in Africa while taking minerals.

At the end of the day, Africa is going to get shafted for its minerals in the present the only difference is will it be going to towards self-sufficiency at the same time (with China) or keep going on the failed economic path only allowed to them by Europe. If you are going to be in servitude, you might as well be working towards freedom.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=268588&p=3117905

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:55 pm

My critique of this is simply that Africa should finish getting rid of one occupier and not open the door for the next.

It's not as though there is no wealth in Africa. Why do the millionaires in Nairobi not invest in oil exploration in Somalia? Why do these rich Africans buy houses in London rather than invest the money?

Africa for Africans INCLUDING investment. It will be slower, but it will belong to Africa in the end, not China or the west.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Well who can disagree with you when you say it like that? Still, we both know how entrenched the world economic order is. The objective is what you have outlined, but to navigate to that objective you need a strategy to get there and for now, whether we Africans like it or not, it is increasingly become either China or the West and the African continent has chosen China. Which is why China replaced the US as the largest trading partner to Africa a half decade ago and why all of a sudden Africa for the first time is the fastest growing continent growing at 6% per annum.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

V spot on.
The only things that Africans will miss is the dogs as it is a chinese delicacy :mrgreen:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.