Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alexander The Great.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:07 am

homosexuality was prevelant among most of great men (kings, princess, generals...). It wasn't only the greeks but also the persians, egyptians, Hindus, chinese...It was common for married men with children to have homosexual relationships back those days. Really weird!

hamas

Postby hamas » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:12 am

i was gonna go see that movie because my rosario dawson was in it but then i heard about the gay parts so i changed my mind. hollywood is run by jewish homosexuals. they always add unneccesarry homosexual scenes in every movie. Twisted Evil it fqking ruins good movies.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:13 am

didn;t anjelina jolie play his wife?

hamas

Postby hamas » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:13 am

he had more than one i think and many mistresses.

hamas

Postby hamas » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:19 am

Gurey wrote: "its not from hollywood its from history"

who writes history? come on man, many historians have claimed that many famous people from the past are homosexuals when they were not. for instance, many people in america believe the african american poet/author Langston Hughes was a fag since white america spread such rumors after his death. a while back, i worked with a bunch of old black american women and men who knew Langston personally in their young days and they said him being a fag couldn't be further from the truth. they were just trying to tarnish his image, while at the same time making homosexuality more acceptable in the black community as it is in the white communities.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:20 am

[quote="hamas"]i was gonna go see that movie because my rosario dawson was in it but then i heard about the gay parts so i changed my mind. hollywood is run by jewish homosexuals. they always add unneccesarry homosexual scenes in every movie. Twisted Evil it fqking ruins good movies.[/quote]

there r no gay scenes in the film, not a single one.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:21 am

^^u must have watched the edited version because there were lots of complaints about the original version shown in theatres..the gay scenes were cut from the dvd/video .

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:24 am

You know what! I am not shocked anymore. I was reading some time ago about greek philosophy. In one of the works I noticed Socrates was Gay. That was it, I stopped reading it right there.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:26 am

^^I dunno..some muslim scholars think Socrates and Plato might have been Prophets man. And i can see why they said that. They had a lot of good qualities. Who wrote the book you were reading?

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:31 am

Are you kidding me Lionheart? First time I hear such a thing. As for their works, I will have to look for the websites as I didn't bookmark them at the time. It was a year ago. It was a debate between him and another person in a court like setting. Will have to find it for you inshallah.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:33 am

[quote="LionHeart-112"]^^I dunno..some muslim scholars think Socrates and Plato might have been Prophets man. And i can see why they said that. They had a lot of good qualities. Who wrote the book you were reading?[/quote]
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Prophets !! subxanallah.

guys nothing strange about it, this practice was the accepted norm in greek society, it was a genuinley bi-sexual society.

Funny thing is the greeks were famous for this,
persian and romans texts for example by authors like vergel used to joke
about other indulging in " the greek habit"

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:34 am

Gama---No walahi..I was quite shocked as well till i took Philosophy and read some of Plato's work. Even though it seems that it was tampered with (it's 1000's of years old), many of their ideas and their thinking doesn't conflict with Islam..and then i read somewhere that some early Ulemas thought they were Prophets.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:34 am

I watched the DVD version. There were no gay scenes. Although there were 'intended' gay scenes.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:36 am

Gurey---waryaa don't laugh at me..i'm only talking about what i have heard..anyway here is a link from a good site..

Gamadiid--read this:

http://www.themodernreligion.com/compar ... greek.html

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:37 am

[quote="dhuusa_deer"]I watched the DVD version. There were no gay scenes. Although there were 'intended' gay scenes.[/quote]

It was edited man..Don't you remember the outcry before and after the movie debuted? The original (theatrical)version contained some pretty nifty gay scenes i heard.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.