Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marriage is too expensive

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
KeligiiJabhad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Marriage is too expensive

Postby KeligiiJabhad » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Massuge,

US Dollars or Zimbabwe Dollars ?

U$D sxb..... I'm not in Zimba. :mrgreen:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Massuge,

Ina adeer, if she asked for $45,000, and didn't say what kind of dollars, you can give it as 45,000 Zimbabwe Dollar which equals USD $123 :lol:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Massuge,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ader ma araktay? im i buying her or something!! what stupid guy if he agreed on that!!!

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Hyper,

Adeer, I would pay her 45,000 Zimbabwe dollars or about USD $ 123 :lol:

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Massuge,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ader ma araktay? im i buying her or something!! what stupid guy if he agreed on that!!!
He is buying her for a lifetime dee.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Hyper,

Adeer, I would pay her 45,000 Zimbabwe dollars or about USD $ 123 :lol:
:lol: :lol: inta ba jko baday ba :lol:

helwaa, im not looking for slave, im looking partner. if any one should pay girl should pay for the guy , ino asturay.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Hyper

You cant deny ur wife her meher..she can pick whatever she liks.Naagta Quraanka doorta ayey nimanka is dhahaan weyba fududahey but if they only knew lacagta oo dhaami lahayd because masuuliyada ma ka soo bixi karaan , aakhirana way sugeysa.

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:08 pm

I was in an engagement event where the meher was taking place. The lady asked for US Dollars 20,000 for meher thru her weli and when the sheekh asked the guy if he agreed to it, the bridegroom was speechless and he wouldn't say a word. He was asked again and he was speechless. I was sitting beside the guy, so I had to hit the guy to say something. I have unexpectedly stated "Is the lady going to put down the $20,000 for a down payment in a new house she is purchasing?" :lol: :lol: Almost every body laughed. The younger guy was related to me so I have to say things for him. It was like he was shocked and he eventually agreed but I doubt he was willingly agreed to it. I and the Sheekh told him it is his responsibility to give that meher to his new wife and make sure he will not deviate from it. Many young men misunderstan the meaning of the meher :shock:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Hyper

You cant deny ur wife her meher..she can pick whatever she liks.Naagta Quraanka doorta ayey nimanka is dhahaan weyba fududahey but if they only knew lacagta oo dhaami lahayd because masuuliyada ma ka soo bixi karaan , aakhirana way sugeysa.
lol helwaa she is not my wife yet and wont be if she asks more than $4000. im not cheap but naagba naagtey ka meher yartahay ka barako badan.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 pm

I was in an engagement event where the meher was taking place. The lady asked for US Dollars 20,000 for meher thru her weli and when the sheekh asked the guy if he agreed to it, the bridegroom was speechless and he wouldn't say a word. He was asked again and he was speechless. I was sitting beside the guy, so I had to hit the guy to say something. I have unexpectedly stated "Is the lady going to put down the $20,000 for a down payment in a new house she is purchasing?" :lol: :lol: Almost every body laughed. The younger guy was related to me so I have to say things for him. It was like he was shocked and he eventually agreed but I doubt he was willingly agreed to it. I and the Sheekh told him it is his responsibility to give that meher to his new wife and make sure he will not deviate from it. Many young men misunderstan the meaning of the meher :shock:
Udun,

She can forgive you for the meher. Just become an ass and annoying enough and she will glady waive it so you can grant her a divorce.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Abdiwahab....if she leavs you without a reason and ask for divorce you dont need to give her meher.But if u act like an ass she have a reason and you're forced to pay. :P

Hyper

Good luck inshallah mid aad xabad tufaax ku mehersatid baad heli doonta. :?

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Helwaa,

I could always count on you to give me good advice :rose:

Lord Diplock
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Lord Diplock » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Only Ninkah is important, wedding is not that important

afisoone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: We all want to become president even though Amisom controls Mogadishu

Postby afisoone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 pm

I was recently invited a Meher where the bride asked $$45,000 for her Meher. They said the Meher was much higher than that but after a long negotiation the lady agrees to reduce Meherkeeda! Plus their wedding costed more than $25,000. Now that is actually too much if you ask me. They could have utilized this money in a better ways than just wasting it one night. Waxaa kaloo intaas aad u geysaa Kharashaadka kale ee ku bixi doona Guriga ay degi doonnaan!

That is what I call "I do not understand". Look the lady is asking $45,000 dollar. Do they know the guy can afford it. The answer is simple. Both families can not afford those large amount of money. In this culture of "Faanna" makes possible these people will ask money both family can not afford. Yes it is true the lady can ask any amount she wants but that shows that lady never know; that not only she is going to have none of that money she demanded, but she will get pregnant and raise those kids alone. What a terrible ending. That is why we have ladies who is 38 years old and their faces look like that they are 72years old. I always thought ladies who are successful in mariage always learn how the man they are going to marry is capable on anything at all. If you are not smart to know the man you are going to marry and have kids with him, then your family already married that man and they can divorce from you any time any day. That is why we have this huge divorce rate among our community. I suggest every young lady need to come to my seminar in Minneapolis this weekend where we will show staggering data about mariages in our community.

Get the the exact day we have that seminar by requesting from Saciid Afisoone- afisoone@yahoo.com. If we do not expect that you are coming. We are not going to let you in that seminar. thanks...

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 am

Afisoone seminar qabaneya miyaa oo guur ka hadleya....yaa saatir :?

If you are not smart to know the man you are going to marry and have kids with him,
Waliga qof baran maysid ilaa iyo aad la noolatid.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.