Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yemenis are fleeing for Bari and Hargeisa

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Yemenis are fleeing for Bari and Hargeisa

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Fri May 27, 2011 9:33 pm

From what I've heard from people back home, lots of Yemenis are fleeing towards Djibouti and Somalia, in particular Hargeisa and across fishing towns throughout Bari where they're practically at home.

They should cherish their luck, could you imagine if Xamar was facing the Gulf of Aden right now? :|

AsadSL
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Yemenis are fleeing for Bari and Hargeisa

Postby AsadSL » Fri May 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Source?

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Source: PEOPLE BACK HOME

waryaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby waryaa » Fri May 27, 2011 9:37 pm

The yemeni community office in Bosaso must be busy these days then. I know they guy who runs it - pro gov.

AsadSL
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AsadSL » Fri May 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Why would Yemenis risk it and cross the Aden run to Somali when there are Arab countries near by even Eritrea and Djibouti are closer.

GacanSareeye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GacanSareeye » Fri May 27, 2011 9:44 pm

when is cabdullahi yusuf coming back home

GacanSareeye
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GacanSareeye » Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 pm

i think this is a better destination than Somalia, the only people that are migrating back to somalia are somalis

Archerr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: I think you are standing under me If you don't under-stand me.

Postby Archerr » Fri May 27, 2011 10:58 pm

It is unlikely the Yemenis will flee to Somalia when they can go to Saudi Arabia, Eritrea, Djibouti and even Ethiopia.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Fri May 27, 2011 11:38 pm

There are 3 groups of people migrating to Somalia: 1. Somalis who tried tahriib, 2. Arab-Somalis who fled during the civil war, and 3. Hadhrami Yemenis

For a poor Yemeni, Somalia is a better alternative than their own country even during peace, let alone war. In Somalia they see huge potential but zero skill. Unlike brain dead Somalis, most Yemenis are skilled, especially in crafts and labor, so they will find easy pickings in Somalia just as they did when the first wave of Yemenis came generations ago. Almost all Yemenis are poor and illiterate, but they are the hard working kind of poor as opposed to Somalis who are totally and completely devoid of skills. If South Asians and Oromos go to Bosaso and Hargeisa for work, I don't see Yemenis being above them especially since Yemenis first came to Somalia at a time when there was no semblance of central government a century ago.

zingii
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zingii » Sat May 28, 2011 6:08 am

Source?
Source: PEOPLE BACK HOME
:lol: :lol:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sat May 28, 2011 7:47 am

Why would Yemenis risk it and cross the Aden run to Somali when there are Arab countries near by even Eritrea and Djibouti are closer.
cause arab countries wont accept them, you need visa , iqaama to cross the boarder to saudi arabia. and yemenis are most hated in saudi arabia.

ive an uncle who has a business in bosaaso and moving his family to there and he knows no somali at all. believe me somalia is save for others specially yemanis.

they can make money more than ever they dreamed if they were in yemen.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sat May 28, 2011 7:51 am

Let's hope puntieland doesn't capture them and display as alqaeda in yemen operatives to the media :mrgreen:

jamols2
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby jamols2 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:00 am

Let's hope puntieland doesn't capture them and display as alqaeda in yemen operatives to the media :mrgreen:
:lol: funny guy baadtahay ninyahow

tightrope
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby tightrope » Sat May 28, 2011 11:30 am

i think this is a better destination than Somalia, the only people that are migrating back to somalia are somalis
IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE GET SOCOTRA BACK! :clap:
:som: :up:

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:03 pm

IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE GET SOCOTRA BACK! :clap:
:som: :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.