Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

C-SECTION

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Somalistan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: C-SECTION

Postby Somalistan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:19 pm

It's not neccasarily true that you can't have any more C-section surgeries after the fourth time. The important thing is there should be time between the surgeries for the woman's body to completely heal and recover before she can go through with it again. This could mean 1 or 2 years, depending on your body offcourse.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Somalistan

Dhibka maxaa keeney..marba hadayna caadi oo dhali karin oo ilaahy caruur siiyey may inta alxamdulilah dhahaan oo naftooda oo tudhan.I mean you only live once why suffer over and over again?

Somalistan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somalistan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Helwaa I tell you waxa dhibka keenay. The doctors who induce labor and rush the females. The doctors have their guidelines and schedules that they expect people to conform to unfortunately they are not always right. If the baby is no immediate danger then there is no reason to rush to delivery.

I think there are many verses in the Qura'n that talk about the need not for compulsory of all things: "Laa Yukallifulaahu nafzan" is almost in every Surrah of the Qur'an.

IRONm@N
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby IRONm@N » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Salaam

A friend of mine is having her 5th child, this is her 5th surgery.

Isn't dangerous to have so many kids with ceaser?..i'm realy worried for her. :(
She is very stupid. doesn't she know that all these is about money. the child is suppose to come through the natural channel that God made it. but the Hospital makes three times the money if they force the mother to have a C-section and its ten times more dangerous and unnatural way of birth.
I don't know why Somali women don't think about this things, and just believe whatever they are told.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 pm

You shoulda introduced your friend to birth control, what kind of friend are you? Somali women who are too scared to bring up the whole birth control discussion with their husbands out of fear he might leave them ..should start using birth control in secret.But their fears are unfounded anyway since Somali men especially the broke ones in the west don't want such large number of kids.

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 pm

ES,

I agree with using birth control in secret, just do what you gotta do to protect yourself, your husband doesn't have to know, unless he is open minded.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Nabeela.....taasi maaney khiyaamo aheen? :?

Xadiid man whats up with the cay, she have no choice othr then ceaser because she have smal hips...the kid wont pass the normal channel.

IRONm@N
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby IRONm@N » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 pm

ES,

I agree with using birth control in secret, just do what you gotta do to protect yourself, your husband doesn't have to know, unless he is open minded.

You getta be kidding me, that is grounds for divorce, something as important as using birth control is a must discussion for the husband and wife, but if done secretly its violation of the marriage laws, its like cheating.
I know I guy he divorce is wife, because she was on the pill and didn't tell him.
if you had enough kids, or you sick and think you can't get pregnant and you inform him and he refuses, than do it if you want, but doing it behind his back, or doing it while you just get married and don't have kids, it divorce.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 pm

If a man doesn't care enough for your health to pause or stop on having babies then why stay married to the idiot in the first place?

ps LOL at people presuming to know more than doctors and midwives on the topic of child birth and C-Sections :mrgreen:

HalfBked
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HalfBked » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:06 am

She is very stupid. doesn't she know that all these is about money. the child is suppose to come through the natural channel that God made it. but the Hospital makes three times the money if they force the mother to have a C-section and its ten times more dangerous and unnatural way of birth.
I don't know why Somali women don't think about this things, and just believe whatever they are told.
I'll never understand where Soomaalida get all these ridiculous & paranoid claims. C-sections are always a last resort and never a first resort unless specifically requested by the patient. Furthermore, this discussion is about VBACs (Vaginal Birth After C-section) which is highly discouraged because it can lead to uterine ruptures depending on the type of c-section incision the patient last had and the number of previous incisions. If the previous c-section incision was done above the lower uterus has a higher % of causing a rupture, whereas scaring on the sides is less risky.

The fear is that once a woman goes in to labor & the uterine muscles start to contract (which is what happens during labor), the incisions will crack open and the uterus will rupture, which will then mean a c-section and a possible hysterectomy. The use of labor inducing medications such as cytotec also increase the risk of uterine complications. The maximum allowed c-sections is 3, even though some obstetricians have refused to allow VBACs for their patients all together, regardless of how many previous c-sections they've had. This has to do with preventing unnecessary risks (uterine rupture) and avoiding a malpractice lawsuit. Its for the benefit of the patient, has very little if any to do with monetary gains. Doctors are not like mechanics who rip you off when you go in to see them, because doctors are reviewed, can easily face malpractice lawsuits, risk losing their license, and have to abide by AMA regulations.

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 am

Somalida manaxan runti, i know someone having baby number 6 :down:
Somalida naftooda uma tudhan, ninka all he has to do is share his sperms in 2 seconds and the woman has suffer for it in 9 month.Caloosheedna kolba ha lakala jeexo.Ilaahy ha o gargaaro masaakinta.
Tano wax ma fahanto! Three minutes, dear, three minutes. :mrgreen:

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 am

Somalida manaxan runti, i know someone having baby number 6 :down:
Somalida naftooda uma tudhan, ninka all he has to do is share his sperms in 2 seconds and the woman has suffer for it in 9 month.Caloosheedna kolba ha lakala jeexo.Ilaahy ha o gargaaro masaakinta.
Tano wax ma fahanto! Three minutes, dear, three minutes. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

samadoon-waaxid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: telling Siilaanyo's daughter ictiraaf bed time stories

Postby samadoon-waaxid » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 am

so,here is the million $ question,why do most woman opt out for c-section as oppose to the natural birth? and why are they much weakers than their moms and grandmoms when it comes to the subject of giving birth.it seems like any young xalimo who gives a birth to 4 or 5 kids now a days sees her self as a hero while the older generation would give a birth to 10 and would be lucky if 5 survived.are today's woman weaker than their grandmas? waa su'aal da'a weyno oo samadoon daalisay.
p.s:pardon my ignorance womenfolks,I really dont know a jack about this subject so ur explanation is appreciated :|

HalfBked
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HalfBked » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:09 pm

so,here is the million $ question,why do most woman opt out for c-section as oppose to the natural birth? and why are they much weakers than their moms and grandmoms when it comes to the subject of giving birth.it seems like any young xalimo who gives a birth to 4 or 5 kids now a days sees her self as a hero while the older generation would give a birth to 10 and would be lucky if 5 survived.are today's woman weaker than their grandmas? waa su'aal da'a weyno oo samadoon daalisay.
p.s:pardon my ignorance womenfolks,I really dont know a jack about this subject so ur explanation is appreciated :|
I doubt it has much to do with being weak vs. being strong. But everything to do with having an alternative, technology and modern medicine.

The same way when you go to the dentist today you would easily choose pain medicine and novacaine to numb your mouth before he pulls out a decayed tooth. As oppossed to your father or grandfather who had his pulled out under a tree without any sort of narcotic and without much hygiene. Now, was he tougher than you and subsequently are you weaker than him by choosing to do things differently? Is this even a question of who's tougher or a question of modern advancements & an easier way of doing things? I'm sure if you think of it in terms of what's more practical considering the time period we're in, the answer is clear.

Regarding c-sections, only a quarter of all births in the U.S. are done this way. Most women still choose to deliver vaginally, for Somalis its probably even more so, because I doubt they would pick a c-section over vaginal birth because of their beliefs & values. The percentage of Somali women having c-sections is probably around 12-16% and its out of necessity, in cases of breach, emergency deliveries, umblical cord entanglements, etc. To save the unborn and the mother.

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:45 am

There is much for you to learn, young grasshopper. Some ladies prefer to to keep their nether regions as tight as a duck's bottom, which is why a C Section comes in handy. Too posh to push, as it were. :mrgreen:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.