Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IF Somalis weren't Muslims.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
uglybrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

IF Somalis weren't Muslims.

Postby uglybrother » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:10 am

Can you imagine how much destruction and casualties Somalis would create if there weren't Muslims. Before you argue that a person who kills, robs, and wishes to inflict pain and injuries upon others has no religion, don't. Somalis are naturally so violent. Why is that we adhere to a religion of peace and humility, yet our actions conflicts with that. I feel like all of us Somalis are the children of the devil because everywhere we go, we stand out for being violent, murders and etc... I know I know, every culture has it's share of that and so so but no one does it like us. And that fact that those other cultures aren't MOSTLY Muslims should indicate to you that we aren't comparable. Why? Because, they are not guided by Islam as we're. I believe the rest of us good ones are guided by the religion, but if there wasn't Islam we'd be as bad as the bad warlords. So I wonder, if we're that bad whilst claiming Islam; Just imagine if there was no religion to guide us at all or if we were secular state.

AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: IF Somalis weren't Muslims.

Postby AhmedBoqor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 am

If we weren't Muslims? trying to imagine that is just too painful but I think we would be somewhere between an underdeveloped North Korea, a set of separated colonies belonging the Abyssinian empire or a self-inflicting endangered specie that's on the brink of extinction, it's a "roll the dice" situation that one would not enjoy but would disgustingly entertain the thought.

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: NIKO CHINI YA MAJI KAMA MANOWARI MAFALA WOTE NAWANGAM

Postby Meru » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:52 am

they would be a christian country already in EAC(East Africa Community) and there would be plenty of peace without sharia and al shabab

AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AhmedBoqor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:57 am

they would be a christian country already in EAC(East Africa Community) and there would be plenty of peace without sharia and al shabab
Peace my ass, that term in somali has been confiscated by Clan Warlords and therefore is non existent in our vocabulary, Islam is the only thing keeping a veil between majority of the population and these clan-extremists. Shariah law is necessary in order to have justice and eventually peace.

Worshiping a wood cross just ain't going to suit Somalis, as you can see, we're mainly in the brick industry :) .

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 am

^^^^ the problem in Somalia is this thing you call qabil or kabila in our swahili language. we have it everywhere in Africa even Kenya but we keep it at the minimum,we tried to go overboard in2007-8 and we lost 1,500 just in a month of tribal warfare multiply that by 21 years if we did a Somalia. what has amazed me is that qabil is held higher than the religion.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 am

Just thinking about it depresses me, I thank allah everyday he made us Muslims. Unfortunately we chose to worship our qabiils but we paid a hefty price, Oh allah forgive us.

AhmedBoqor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AhmedBoqor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:15 am

^^^^ the problem in Somalia is this thing you call qabil or kabila in our swahili language. we have it everywhere in Africa even Kenya but we keep it at the minimum,we tried to go overboard in2007-8 and we lost 1,500 just in a month of tribal warfare multiply that by 21 years if we did a Somalia. what has amazed me is that qabil is held higher than the religion.
Meh, not suprised, there has been a lot of signs that our Prophet (SAW) warned us about when the end of times is near, now I'm not sure if this is one of them, but I do know a lot of other stuff that has already happened in the past 30 years and continues to happen that was told in the prophecy.

Are you Tanzanian by any chance?

Meru
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meru » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:21 am

Are you Tanzanian by any chance?
HELL NO!!! I am Kenyan, i have nothing against our dear Tanzanian brothers in the south, they are just a little bit slow and lazy for our liking that's all but very peaceful :up:

union
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby union » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:54 pm

If Somalis were not Muslim they would behave the same way they do now. Somalis only give lip service to religion anyway.

Mckuus
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mckuus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

The Rendille of Kenya are non-muslim Somalis (they are monotheist though, worship waaq), they are relatively peaceful.

Monk-of-Mogadishu
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: The thought of gemini07 and her family getting rich sends chills down my spine

Postby Monk-of-Mogadishu » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 pm

If Somalis were not Muslim they would behave the same way they do now. Somalis only give lip service to religion anyway.
This is true. Its not just Somalis, but virtually every Muslim society uses religion as a cultural institution, it really has no bearing or effect on the social/human consciousness of the public. Rich Muslim societies tend to be the most vain in the world, tech-savvy Muslim societies tend to be the most secular, etc. Religion has no effect in Muslim countries, its just a cultural accessory and nothing more.

Beenaale_No1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Beenaale_No1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:03 pm

I agree with you.

Even without religion, we'd still have a pretty conservative culture. Hindus & Sikhs arent Muslims but they also have a strict conservative culture.

XaliimoFarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby XaliimoFarax » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Just thinking about it depresses me, I thank allah everyday he made us Muslims. Unfortunately we chose to worship our qabiils but we paid a hefty price, Oh allah forgive us.
:up: :up:

Ameen

Samatar10

Postby Samatar10 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:21 pm

There wouldn't be a Al-shabaab. :)

uglybrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby uglybrother » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I agree with you.

Even without religion, we'd still have a pretty conservative culture. Hindus & Sikhs arent Muslims but they also have a strict conservative culture.
You guys must not understand at all. Somalis aren't peaceful fellows, so without Islam we'd probably bring the continent of Africa to its knees. The only thing stopping us is the beautiful din. Solidify the tribalism, multiply the hate and contempt, and double the warlord. Are there any muslims like us in this world? NOT individuals, but as a nation or collective/whole people? If we managed to be from the world's most dangerous place while adhering to a religion of peace, imagine if religious restrictions weren't in place. We'll probably go extinct already.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.