Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somaliland/Waqooyi is so ancient O_O(Berbera in particular

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somaliland/Waqooyi is so ancient O_O(Berbera in particul

Postby Goljano Lion » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:50 am

Union
if you have problem with Somaliland, coming to Snet saying cantabaash wont help , to be frank with you, :lol: there is nothing you could do about it, kolkaa I suggest you go to your mom`s basement and start crying, because crying releases emotions that are harmful but if you keep them , they built up inside :lol: otherwise you will be miserable and angry all the time
Goljano, I may very well shed a few tears the day when Somaliland gets recognition, but at least I know you’ll be there crying right alongside me.
:lol: dude we are so happy they way things are rightnow and whatever happens in the future, Somaliland,s future looks bright and will get better only,
Any way let me ask you these two questions.
Honestly, do you think, your personal experiences, you and your family went through after kacaankii was ousted have something to do with us and do you think we are in any way responsible for you pain or what you are going through?

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Goljano Lion » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:02 am

Union
:lol: :lol:
answer my question

Coeus
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Assisting the Mujahideen in Galgala to free their region

Postby Coeus » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 am

It was all very interesting until the young boy made the whole thing political by claiming sanaag is part of Somaliland. A country that doesnt exist.

Mckuus
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mckuus » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:01 am

Nice pics :clap:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:06 am

Union, another monkey that likes to ruin topics. Every interesting thread has to be diverted by some cuqdadle :down: .

tightrope
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby tightrope » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 am

INCREDIBLE! :sland:

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Make of this what you will.

Meanwhile, an attempt was made to control prostitution through the 1948 ordinance, which gave medical authorities the legal power to detain and segregate prostitutes. 185 But the enforcement of the ordinance ran into two difficult problems, particularly in Hargeysa, where the largest number of prostitutes resided. First, the public health department lacked the proper institutions to detain and rehabilitate prostitutes. The only disciplinary institution in the protectorate capable of performing such a task was the prison for women at Berbera, but it lacked the staff and the space to rehabilitate prostitutes. Second, prostitutes lived in the hut sections of the main towns, which were not planned, and where it was "difficult for the police to maintain law and order." 186 Governor G. T. Fisher ordered in 1948 the removal and reorganization "in lines" of the hut section in Hargeysa 187 in order to extend proper policing and public health services, and to control and rehabilitate prostitutes. At first the police sought the cooperation of the residents of the area. As their cooperation was not forthcoming, the police decided to use force to remove the huts. The [End Page 70] police, however, "met with fierce opposition from women and children who stoned the Police while their men folk remained conveniently in the background." 188 Some of the police were injured in the riot, and in order "to extricate themselves . . . fired into the air. One person was hurt but nobody was killed." 189 The administration contemplated using more force to press the issue, but refrained due to a fear of yet another rioting

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:15 pm

"1286

Berbera is mentioned for the first time by Ibn Sa’id and other Arab geographers and travellers.

1600s
Berbera replaces Saylac as the foremost
commercial and cultural centre of
Islamic influence in the Horn of
Africa. Known as the capital of the
medieval Muslim state of Adal,
Berbera remains under the authority of
the sharifs of Mocha and the
Ottoman Turks until 1875."

UN-HABITAT

I'm about to show you guys some ancient shit,the photographer even gave a description of the 'naaso hablood' as " two peaks shaped like pyramids, legendarily created by humans" :shock: ,u never know our great ancestors are buried in there

Old ottoman mosque about 150-60 years old and is still used

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another Old Ottoman Mosque In Berbera ,distinctive with it's un-somali like design

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Camels wander around an old Ottoman mosque

Street scene in the old town of berbera

Ottoman Fort overlooking the Dubar waterworks from the 19th century, Berbera, Somaliland

Dubar Waterworks in berbera (not sure if its still used now)

Ancient well

Pre-Islamic graves outside Berbera, Somaliland

Ancient graves, Boroma, Somaliland

Scenery at the site of Dhagax Khoure, ancient rock-art, Somaliland

Young Nomad suprised at the beautiful view from Ga'an liba'h

Somewhere in the scortching hot deserts of W-Sanaag

An old mosque at Karin

Old mosque in Sheikh Madar

remains of a mosque in ruined medieval town at Maduna, Somaliland,
Sanaag, Somaliland.

Mount.Daalo GW Highlands Sanaag

The 'Naaso Hablood' ,Built like 2 Massive pyramids,obviously man made and is made out of sand granite not a mountain,Who knows the secrets inside it beholds.

Sheikh Issa Shrine (I think Isse,Muse), Maydh, Somaliland,
Maydh, Sanaag

And Finally,the Laas Geel rock cave paintings,it is said these ancient paintings date back to 10,000 years, the oldest in Africa.

Thanks for the info. AbukarSubeer. Great collection indeed. :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :sland: :up: :D

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Waaaauuw walahi i want to move back to Somaliland if only could get my pay check i get here there :|

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Waaaauuw walahi i want to move back to Somaliland if only could get my pay check i get here there :|
Next time i go to SL i don't wanna chill in the city i want to explore this ancient land.especially the outskirts of berbera

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.