Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why peace with the Palestinians will be so hard to find

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gadfly

Postby gadfly » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:58 am

-"Muslims have developed a deep suspicion and even hatred for the west. "
I take it you believe this hatred has come forth from the deep blue sea. That perhaps the root cause of this hatred towards the West is jealosy of our lifestyle and wealth ?

I will grant you A and B. Dictatorial states have popped up everywhere in the Muslim world and many of the people under them despise these leaders.

I don't have the time to address all your grievances but let's not kid ourselves here Mad Mac, although the West and the US are not the cause of every problem in Muslim nations it is quite undeniable that they have played a considerable role.

Let's take the recent development of Islamic terrorism or fanaticism as you call it and the role played by the West in its creation. In a nutshell the U.S. government decided to harness and even to cultivate terrorists during the latter half of the Cold War as it sought to roll back the Soviet Union’s global influence. In fact many problems (again, not all) that exist within third world and Muslim nations are remnants of the cold war. Now, with that legacy coming back to haunt its creators, the West has tried to come up with several easy excuses-their crazy fanatics, barbaric, its their religion etc. Many of the problems, actions etc. have been a reaction to such policies.

Now, it is quite undeniable that the Muslim world is in a rut, you've been kind enough to point that out, but let's not distort the basic facts of history.

p.s. of course, the CIA is the invisible hand behind all the troubles of this world. I thought everybody knew that.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:18 pm

The hatred has several root causes. The absolutely minimal muddling of the CIA (Read Iran in 1953 where it essentially begins and ends) is a minor factor which is inflated in the minds of Muslims everywhere.

The real reasons are:

a. The Colonial experience. This is by far number one. Muslims simply can not reconcile that Islam is the superior socio-economic system, divinely inspired, and yet they were so thoroughly dominated by KUFR forces.

b. Their own political circumstances. Muslims can not understand how unpopular and corrupt leaders find ways to maintain control of their states. They refuse to take responsibility. So they need a scapegoat. Guess who that would be?

c. The prevelence of western cultural influence. It's everywhere. From Coka Cola to Rap Music to Blue Jeans to McDonalds. You can'T swing a dead cat without hitting some sort of Western influence anywhere in the world. Practicing Muslims find these cultural invasions intolerable reminders of the colonial experience. On top of that, they have a lethal effect upon the youth. Lastly, they are a constant reminder of a competing system which is totally and completely dominating Islamic lands both politicalls and in other ways.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:04 am

Gadfly where did you go man?

+chilli
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalia-"We cannot allow former lunatics to take over the asylum"

Postby +chilli » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:35 am

Palestine are really weak, not only do thy have leadership problem, they have no energy to think right they brain dead, their country was robbed of them under their nose and the only solution they can come up with after all these yrs and suicide bombing and dividing themselves into groups…and they say a crisis brings solidarity & unity to a country.
Waalahi they irritating, they need to move from this paralysis.

aamina_00

Postby aamina_00 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:28 am

Mad Mac, it seems you take your information form one side. what peace are talking here. isreal offered 20% of 100% of their land then 80%0f20%0f 100%,then finally 12%of80%of20%0f 100%, the deal offered palestinians that they can not have army, border and isreal will control the highway, in other words, they were offered cities while isreal will retain the control of the highway that connects those cities. tell me madmac how would you feel if mexican invade your country and give you only 3 states, would you accept it. with all these palestinians accept that isreal is there to stay, contrary what american media says, the only thing pals are asking is that refugees have right to go back to their homes, farms, after all the land wasn't empty when isreal was created, there were people living there, and were forced out of their houses, ever heard massacre of dayr-yasin(there are books by isrealis about massacre). Mad no one will ever send their children to death, but when these kids see their houses demolished, parents humiliated, and can not visit their relitives because of check points; they do not need anyone to tell them to throw stones. palestinians who were born in palestine, lived there all of their lives has to get the permission of visiting another city in their country from russian or ethiopian immigrant. how do you think they should react when their farms are destroyed and their trees are cut down because new settelment is being build,and they do not want anything blocking their views for security reasons,keep in mind it took years and years those trees to grow. how come you have a problem with kids throwing stones but not f-16 dropping bombs into their buildings. Mad Mac read from both sides, do not let hatred blind you. why do not you think people like noam chomsky is against isreali actions. read articles of amira haas she is isreali reporter that lives in west bank and writes in he'arts(hope that is correct spelling) biggest newspaper in isreal.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:43 am

Aamina
I'm not saying the Israelis are right. But you're saying that the Palestinians would accept a "reasonable" exchange of land for peace, am I'm saying they won't. Now look, I've seen a million different offers to bunches of different Palestinians and they all meant something. The Palestinians like to pretend they don't but they do. There's a subtle message there that a deal can be had if they really want it. But the Palestinians and Arabs are bound and determined to destroy the state of Israel. The Americans know it, the Palestinians know it - the focking Israelis know it. And the Palestinians should better focking know better. I mean the Jews are fighting for their very survival. They're not gonna have a sense of humor about that sh!t. You know what I'm sayin'?

qudhac-m
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby qudhac-m » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:55 am

Mad MAC
Foock palastine, USA, Israel, we have Ethiopia and its backer to fight with
Ask the plastinians or the arabs why they dont accept the peace deal.

WE ARE FIGHTING ETHIOPIA AND AMERICA

JIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

***MUNA***

Postby ***MUNA*** » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:07 pm

Mad Mac

If you ask me I think that Israel should take the whole Middle East. Those barbarians (Arabs) have nothing better to do than commit atrocities against innocent people.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:08 pm

^^no is asking you shit, lesbian hoe. Laughing Laughing Laughing

+chilli
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalia-"We cannot allow former lunatics to take over the asylum"

Postby +chilli » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:12 pm

[quote="***MUNA***"]Mad Mac

If you ask me I think that Israel should take the whole Middle East. Those barbarians (Arabs) have nothing better to do than commit atrocities against innocent people.[/quote]

if you read into history especial around the 1930s you'd find that Israel was the 1st to form groups of terrorists killing babarically n committing atrocties to the arabs in their own land Rolling Eyes

***MUNA***

Postby ***MUNA*** » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Lion the Arab slave

Don't you ever have anything meaningful to contribute?
From what I have observed you seem to be suffering from mania which is the activated phase of bipolar disorder. For example, from the ways in which you write you tend to be either overjoyed, or irritably angry, and in an unpleasant mood. Seriously do seek professional help. Rolling Eyes

Well that land belongs to Israel because they were exiled by the Romans 2000 years ago.

I don't spend much time thinking about whether God exists. I don't consider that a relevant question. It's unanswerable and irrelevant to my life, so I put it in the category of things I can't worry about. _ Wendy Kaminer
Last edited by ***MUNA*** on Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LionHeart-112
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LionHeart-112 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:32 pm

^^i'm sorry i didn't read what you wrote..because u are a lesbian moron..get a fuccing life..we don;'t want you here..

Samatar.

Postby Samatar. » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:57 pm

[quote="MAD MAC"]Gurey
I agree with the leadership problem. BUT, that doesn't explain everything. There is no getting around the fact that the majority of Palestinians feel as Lion here does. You ask the average woman in the street if she wants peace and she'll tell you yes, I pray for it daily. All the things you'd expect her to say. Then ask her if she'd be willing to accept a political agreement with the state of Israel to have that peace and you hear "with those criminals and thieves, I'd rather die first." The Palestinians don't want peace, they want victory, they want power. The fighting and killing go on because they want it to. And they are urged on from Muslims across the globe who believe that killing Jews is a religious obligation.

This cuts to the core of the issue with Muslims. Lion here says that everyone fears their numbers. Not true. Muslim numbers are smaller than Christian numbers, and yet no one is concerned about the numbers of Christians. Fundamentalist Muslims are trying to impose a political agenda on the world. They regard all other political systems and faiths as fundamentally illegitimate. This is the root cause of the resentment.

Until Muslims come to grips with this, they will forever find themselves in conflict in a world that is less and less likely to tolerate their very existence. This backlash is the inevitable consequence of ceaseless confrontation.[/quote]

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.