Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Somalinimo mean anything to you?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Does Somalinimo mean anything to you?

Postby Saraxnow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 pm

We still didnt agree on what Somalinimo is.

I can see maps of somaliweyn and other pics.

Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Based » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 pm

No, I mean this new trend where Somali people go out of their way to avoid Somalinimo and claim they're only Muslims, while our Muslim "brothers" don't give two shits about us or our suffering. Do you know that during the height of the civil war in the early 90's, our Muslim brothers in Saudi Arabia were deporting people back to Mogadishu where they were promptly slaughtered? In this age, nationalism supersedes everything else unfortunately. If we're blind to that fact and don't adapt, we're doomed as a race.

imo God made us Somali for a reason. Going against that would be an offense against God :lol:

As for the definition of Somalinimo, I think it's that feeling you get when you hear a beautiful Somali gabay, that feeling you get when you see a beautiful Somali woman, the joy you feel when you watch a fellow Somali do something amazing, etc.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with politics or borders, more like a feeling of belonging to the blessed Somali race 8-)

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Somalinimo is the [common] somali identity, ethnicity partially, culture, religion, language, name and the belief that Somalis are one people. It is to be aware of and to appreciate the common past and future destiny of this group of people known as the Somali. Somalia minorities can also appreciate Somalinimo and thus undoubtedly qualify as Somali.

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 pm

It is true that today Nationalism reigns supreme, even if I dislike it and find it too competitive and restraining for humans. Ideally things should be way different, we should focus on values and beliefs not lines drawn on a sand.

Ideally :|

But look at this way : you won't be asked what did they do for you, but what did you do (for them, for others, with yourself etc.), and you gain character-wise and deed-wise.

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Somalinimo is the [common] somali identity, ethnicity partially, culture, religion, language, name and the belief that Somalis are one people. It is to be aware of and to appreciate the common past and future destiny of this group of people known as the Somali. Somalia minorities can also appreciate Somalinimo and thus undoubtedly qualify as Somali.
Caadi iska dhig yakhi, wa yara mirqantay :lol:
Last edited by Saraxnow on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 pm

LOL you asked and I answered :mrgreen:

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Oh. Okay.

Still waa answer mirqaansan :mrgreen:

anonymousfaarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby anonymousfaarax » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Oh. Okay.

what does that even mean :lol:

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:47 pm

No, I mean this new trend where Somali people go out of their way to avoid Somalinimo and claim they're only Muslims, while our Muslim "brothers" don't give two shits about us or our suffering. Do you know that during the height of the civil war in the early 90's, our Muslim brothers in Saudi Arabia were deporting people back to Mogadishu where they were promptly slaughtered? In this age, nationalism supersedes everything else unfortunately. If we're blind to that fact and don't adapt, we're doomed as a race.

imo God made us Somali for a reason. Going against that would be an offense against God :lol:

As for the definition of Somalinimo, I think it's that feeling you get when you hear a beautiful Somali gabay, that feeling you get when you see a beautiful Somali woman, the joy you feel when you watch a fellow Somali do something amazing, etc.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with politics or borders, more like a feeling of belonging to the blessed Somali race 8-)
Absolutly as somalis would say :up:

To claim only muslimnimo and deny soomaalinimo is a contradiction in term. God created us into different races and nations for a reason.

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:48 pm

:up:

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Oh. Okay.

what does that even mean :lol:
I quoted you so you dont edit and delete :lol:

I mean that its like something out of a novel.

For starters, Somalis dont think they have a common past, each clan has their own revelation of where their roots come from.

Maybe they need to start to introduce themselves to each other :lol:

madara

Postby madara » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Rageedii. :up:

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:02 pm

it means something to me only when it suits me :|

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Been dhulbahante i understand perfectly what you mean.

Somaliland mise Puntland mise makhirland or maybe Somalia :lol:

(joke) 8-)

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Been dhulbahante i understand perfectly what you mean.

Somaliland mise Puntland mise makhirland or maybe Somalia :lol:

(joke) 8-)
dee runta baan sheegay, Somalinimo means something to each and everyone of us only when it suits us, ma been baa?

i love being Dhulbahante, its best thing next to being a Muslim..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.