Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Somalis are treated In Saudi Arabia

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: How Somalis are treated In Saudi Arabia

Postby MidriGeez » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:08 am

sheikh kishk, raximahullah, once said " carab bilaa diin sifir"

not only Somalis, Saudi's treat Africans, Asians and non gulf Arabs like garbage and have no rights whatsoever in Saudi Arabia.

did you guys hear the shocking story about the Edmonton imam who went to hajj this year and who was arrested, beaten by Saudi police for committing no crime?

he was on CBC on the other day and it was appalling what he was saying about Saudi Arabia's justice system and how they can just arrest you, beat you up for nothing.

If you are talking about the shia imam then he is lucky he is still alive, I would cutt off his head for Insulting the sahaba and mother of believers Aiysha RA for the last 5 years, then the nerve to go to saudia arabia.
So you think this had anything to do with religion? Arabs are generally racists -i know that sounds racist too. But the arabs - especially the women, are so wicked. They can burn you with hot water for no other reason than their husband is attracted to you. I sometimes really love it when the Jews deal with them.
Arabs In general are the most Kindest people In the world, The racist Arabs are usually ignorant, uneducated or just have few screws missing. Arab women are very very emotionally Attached, they would give their heart to you if you capture their heart, But because of that if you Leave them you would suffer the concequences more, something about the thin line between love and hate. Saudi are very Nice people depending where they are from, The hijaz area and the whole western saudi coast are Nice people, Alot of somali who hate saudi probarly never been there or heard stories of the bad thing a saudi did, Saudi people are very observent, if they see somali insulting other somali because of qabil then rest asure they will mimick that if they ever want to annoy a somali. You need to be confident and Proud of your Background. To get to their nerve you need to know their history, and i tell you Nothin hurts them more than facts. lol

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:13 am

So you think this had anything to do with religion? Arabs are generally racists -i know that sounds racist too. But the arabs - especially the women, are so wicked. They can burn you with hot water for no other reason than their husband is attracted to you. I sometimes really love it when the Jews deal with them.
So you love the Jews bombing innocent children, stealing the land of Palestinians because you have met few Arabs who are racist, are you that emotional?

2ndtoNone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 2ndtoNone » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:16 am

So you love the Jews bombing innocent children, stealing the land of Palestinians because you have met few Arabs who are racist, are you that emotional?
leila25, bal ma aragta tan waalan?

Dudaaye
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Dudaaye » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:21 am

This post explains the possible reasons why Saudis abuse their maids.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php ... aids-body/
#15 yassameen

Whatever
* Unregistered
* PipPipPipPip
* 1,457 posts

* Interests:nooon

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

there are truly devil maids and workers , specially from poor countries known to teach magic and such silliness

there is feeling of envy anger and deep hatred even if they were treated well , some can not tolerate to see others living in well conditions , some would be all coool until near the end of their contract , befor they go they would burn this and break that , hurt children and such

so both sides are not totally free from charges , nevertheless some saudis are truly brutal and the saudi law not always helps , there had been a documentary about that made by saudi woman i guess ut it was not enough to make enough awakness nor awarness

our maid drank bleaching liquid when we decided she better work in other house or travel back home , she was problematic and complained alot , made alot of drama scenes and faked illness , befor she departed home she made that scene that could cost her her life , treated in hospital and sent home , was not our concern to treat her psychological condition ( we had many maids befor her and after her , she was psycho)

on the other hand , i've seen many cases of abuse of maids workers women and children , laws are there and strict ones but the social ties are the ones that are really hard to break plus some dishonest in some police departments and some courts (corruption)

The Plight of Expatriate Maids Continues

By Ali Alyami

Despite protests by groups like The Center for Democracy and Human Rights in Saudi Arabia, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and, more importantly, by courageous Saudi journalists, the barbaric treatment of poverty stricken and defenseless female Asian maids continues unabated in Saudi homes and royal palaces. This is due to a range of demeaning, primitive and ungodly factors. The victims are mostly women, and since women in Saudi Arabia are discriminated against by the Saudi political, judicial, religious, social, economic and educational institutions, torturing, killing and raping women are not considered crimes of the highest order. This is particularly true if they are poor and defenseless expatriate Asians.

Recently, the son of an employer (master) bludgeoned four Indonesian maids until two of them died and the other two were treated and then taken to a police interrogation center to find out whether their employer’s vicious crime would be justified. The four unfortunate maids were accused of practicing magic, which under the Saudi mixture of arbitrary judicial and government laws is considered un-Islamic. Even though many of the Asian maids are Muslims, they are frowned upon because they are more open minded, tolerant and accepting of non-Muslims than the Saudi religious extremists approve of.

The disheartening aspect of the continual abuse and exploitation of Asian maids and expatriates is well known to the governments of their native countries, the international community, and especially the US Embassy and its consulates in Saudi Arabia. However, no one seems to have the moral courage to publicly condemn the brutality against innocent people, whose crime is to work 17 to 18 hours a day, seven days a week, in order to earn a meager income to feed their starving families back in their homelands. The US and all democratic governments should not compromise their constitutional and moral values to appease autocratic ruling elites who have demonstrated utter disrespect for international declarations that exist to protect the rights of indigenous or expatriate workers.

Dudaaye
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Dudaaye » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:34 am

[youtube]PctdPZqcARY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Nov 20, 2011 -

Maid beheaded bride-to-be as revenge for mistreatment

Kuwait - The Ethiopian maid who severed the head of her employer with an axe on Thursday, has admitted responsibility for the crime. She says the murder was deliberately planned as revenge for the mistreatment she had suffered in the Kuwaiti home.
On Thursday night an Ethiopian maid murdered a young Kuwaiti woman who was due to be married the next day. The maid has now been identified as Aisha Al-Failakawi and had admitted that the crime was deliberate, in order to take revenge on the family that employed her. Waiting until the young woman was asleep, Failakawi severed her head with an axe.
According to the Arab Times, Failakawi told the Kuwait prosecution service she took advantage of the fact that the victim was sleeping. Emirates 247 reported she said

“On Thursday, the house was empty except for the girl…I went to the kitchen, got an axe and went into her bed room, where she was asleep…when I hit her on the chest, she woke up and started screaming and resisting, so I grabbed her and hit her on the neck…I kept hitting her until her head was cut off.”

The 28-year-old-maid had had murder in mind for a month, but did not have the opportunity until Thursday. After a police interrogation she confessed that she was revenging the mistreatment she had suffered at the hand's of the victim's father. She said

"On Wednesday, my employer rebuked and shouted at me for not cleaning the house properly…on that day, I decided to quickly carry out my plan."

She said that the family had treated her badly and threatened to send her home to Ethiopia. She did not elaborate on the kind of mistreatment that had been meted out by the victim's father. The murderer said she had planned to slit her own wrists after killing the girl but instead changed her mind. She explained

"I washed the blood off, got dressed, packed my things and went out to the street, where I got a taxi to the airport….as I was about to buy a ticket, a police man came and arrested me.”

According to figures cited by the Arab Times, 20 percent of the population of Kuwait comprises migrant housemaids, and of those 10 percent are estimated to suffer some kind of exploitation. They report "thousands will run away each year to their embassies complaining of mistreatment and abuse, non-payment of wages, or overwork." Apparently the situation has become such an issue that the Kuwait government is establishing a hotline so foreign housemaids can report abuse, as well as building a 700 place shelter for runaway housemaids that have suffered mistreatment.

Landerious

Postby Landerious » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:35 am

Somalis were respected and even treated favourably in SA. The first Somali Settlers who happend to be from Somaliland and who lived there for well over 120 years to date that is.

Things turned sour when other Somalis flocked to there and some started to engage in unsocial acts like soliciting between Somali women and Arab men.

AmalJaber
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AmalJaber » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:06 am

I don't like it when Jews kill innocent children, just as i don't like it when arabs kill innocent children, and blaming all the problems in the world on the Jews. Having said that, i did not talk about Palestinians. I know there are some very nice Arabs, but they tend to be racists. Look at Libya, how many Somalis, and other black Africans were killed in by the "freedom fighters?" Unfortunately, black people are too poor and too weak to stand up to them.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 am

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
:up:
Today's somalis are the most pathetic bunch of lowlifes on the planet. My proud ancestors must be turning in their graves to think that I share the same ethnicity with these bunch of self-hating losers. Every other day there's a topic about saudi arabia and arabs in general. It's embarrassing the low levels of self-esteem and the inferiority complex shown on these forums.

" :cry: Oh no, saudis hate us and they won't let us stay in their country".

Just go and kill yourselves. :up:
I agree .

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 am

more important; why you expect rest of the world to treat you like the way you love to be treated, when you dont treat each other like human!!!

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:17 am

I've only good memories from there, it was a great place. :up:

accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby accident » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:52 pm

I don't know about Amal but yes I am. I prance around in my leotard whenever Arabs get killed.

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:01 pm

I've only good memories from there, it was a great place. :up:
Are there others like you who have good memories?

barakaboy10
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby barakaboy10 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 am

i was too judgmental earlier and i want to correct that. i have never been in any of the gulf states and therefore can't have opinion about what they do or don't. however, i know this for a fact: every country has its own nutcases and you can't reach conclusion based on this for the whole country. that wouldn't be fair.

furthermore, i have been to Egypt and its people are one of the most welcoming, friendly and tolerant people i had ever seen. the a few times i was there, i enjoyed it a lot. the funny thing, though, is that when i mentioned my good experiences in Egypt to an Arab hater, just like many of you here, he said "Egyptians are not real Arab" i was like "whatever" dude and i ended the conversation there.

to me, probably there are no worse ummad than soomaalida, period. so yaanan dadka kale wax xun aanan ka sheegin

arabmtu
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby arabmtu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:50 am

so yaanan dadka kale wax xun aanan ka sheegin
It's positive to be objective.

Cumar-Labasuul
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cumar-Labasuul » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

more important; why you expect rest of the world to treat you like the way you love to be treated, when you dont treat each other like human!!!
dad wadankoodi isku cunaya oo wadan kale bilaa sharci ku tagay ayaa hadana leh maxay noo musaafurinayaan :down:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.