Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

REVOLT AGAINST UNJUST GOVERMENT IS A JUST REVOLUTION!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:43 am

I appreciate your optimism, but in my view that is not the case...i believe ethiopia has opted with the policy of destabilizing Somalia..which seem to be effective...

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:24 am

what is unjust government. That label is subjective don't you think so?

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:17 am

No doubt what "unjust goverment" entails is a matter of individual's perceptions on a specific goverments in this case ethiopia, the treatment of its various ethnic groups in the country, to me tantamount to "unjust goverment" characterize are goverment that has no regard of specific ethnic groups welfare and well being and infact legislate laws and preepmt political action to deliberately stifflle prosperity and denied and hinder access in the political process of the country.

this is my understanding of "unjust goverment"...I wonder what is yours?

feel free

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:40 am

TZ
Why do you think Ethiopia wants to keep Somalia destablized? What's the purpose?

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:21 am

Im sure you might have notice the relationship between the two counrty has alwayz been riddle by a serious of bloodleting and overwhelm level of animosity, i hope im wrong on this..is fair to assume ethiopia to destabalized thus assured they won't be a Somali goverment that will destabalize ethiopia by rendering support to groups that are willing to breakaway....

that is my assumpion..i hope im wrong, but the ethiopia meddling in Somalia internal affairs supports my beleifs

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:23 am

TZ
Let me REITERATE - The Ethiopians would like to see a Somali government which rejects irredentist claims on the Ogaden.

In other words, they want a Somali government, but one which accepts the status quo.

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:45 pm

Somalia has too many problems of its own and don't think any sane Somali goverment will conterplate waging war against ethiopia, given the myriads of political problems it has to contend with. but in my view the aspiration to reclaim is not a proposal from Somalia, but is merely a product of those unjustly treated second citizen of Ogaden..and i don't think such aspiration is erasable.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:00 am

Like I said, if a Somali government were to renounce irredentist claims, then it is very possible that an Ethiopian government would support that Somali government.

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:20 am

Your reply mad mac begs this question, so far the current interim somalia goverment has not pronounce its intention to reclaim the Ogaden..so why is Ethiopia still pursue the policy of destabilizing its neighbour.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:23 am

IT is not. In fact, Ethiopia does support in material ways the government of Abdullahi Yusuf. Yusuf is one of Meles' boys, and so he knows he can count on a government that Yusuf leads. Ethiopia is actively targetting those groups who oppose Yusuf.

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:34 am

Your right on that..But i do beleive the policy of destabilizing Somalia is still in active operation, this is due to the growing under current of oposition within A/Yussuf's goverment. Ethiopia knows the the President of the Interim Goverment of Somalia lives under a borow time that is schedule to expired soon. his health is deterteoring by the day...

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:40 am

That is true, so Ethiopia will continue to do what it has always done. It will support those Somalis who do not harbor irredentist claims on the Ogaden, and it will seek to undermine the power bases of those who do. But, if a government could be established within these parameters, then Ethiopia would support it. Ethiopia doesn't have to work hard to destablilize Somalia. The Somalis do that fine all by themselves.

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:13 am

i think me and you we have both fail to mention the growing hostility within ethiopia ethnics groups other than somalis from the ogadenia. and i think the biggest threat to ethiopia is not somalia..but other disfranchise ethnic groups...

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:48 am

That is absolutely correct. I am very concerned that at some point things are going to boil over. You simply can't run a country the way Meles does and not expect repurcussions. Mengistu didn't survive it, and Meles won't either. You would think he would want his legacy to be something other than a tin pot African "president" who milked his position for all it was worth and went into exile. But I guess not.

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:00 am

atlast we are both on the same page in this....i believe should Meles continue to rule the country in his current stance..i think hell will break loose.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.