Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being Religious...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Being Religious...

Postby Saraxnow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Sinister, stop being xaasid. If you want to get there and commit, act on it.
im not xaasid. i just believe the diin is personal. and people who become "religious" have this holier than thou attitude that i dislike. nothing annoys me more than a former convict turned religious who now thinks he is qualified to give dacwa and lecture ppl. not to imply all religious ppl are that way.
Do you dislike dacwa in general? :lol:

On the arrogant attitude part, I see where you're coming from but not everyone agrees that it's only personal and for good reasons too. Dacwa is everybody's business, it's never fair to keep what good you have from others. But I agree, character comes first otherwise their dacwa may fall on deaf ears and put people off.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:30 pm

religious is a secular term aimed at belittling those who practice religion. i never use that term :down:

use the term God conscious or perhaps having more taqwa of your Lord instead. :up:
I agree, i hate when someone says "you religious" i mean even for praying 5 times daily some people throw that term at me, i barely qualify so in a sense i feel they are belittling my practice of the basics, it does annoy me tbh. :lol:

Like during Ramadan, i like to read and listen to Quran and be in a constant state of meditation, and people would say i am religious, What is next ?? if someone hears me say " There is no God but Allah, and Muhamed is his messenger" will they then say i am religious.

these a basic 5 pillers of Islam, those who choose not to fulfill these basics are not muslim and those who fail to need to ask allah for guidance and try harder.

NoAngst.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NoAngst. » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Being religious can also be like being on drugs... so much so that folks high on religion fly planes into buildings, blow up mourners at funerals, slaughter civilians merely going about their business and frivously behead people as if they were goats.

Saraxnow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Saraxnow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Being religious can also be like being on drugs... so much so that folks high on religion fly planes into buildings, blow up mourners at funerals, slaughter civilians merely going about their business and frivously behead people as if they were goats.

That's called Extremism in the religion...Ghuluuw in Arabic.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 am

happy and at peace? lol, no.
im not xaasid. i just believe the diin is personal. and people who become "religious" have this holier than thou attitude that i dislike. nothing annoys me more than a former convict turned religious who now thinks he is qualified to give dacwa and lecture ppl. not to imply all religious ppl are that way.
:up:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:26 am

makes you happy and at peace with yourself; i don't remember i've ever been this happy in my entire life (alhamdulilah)

start praying, pick up the quran and spend lots of time at the masjid and you wont go wrong..

Good for You, but You shouldn't make a show of it.

kalia
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby kalia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:27 am

makes you happy and at peace with yourself; i don't remember i've ever been this happy in my entire life (alhamdulilah)

start praying, pick up the quran and spend lots of time at the masjid and you wont go wrong..
Mashallah thats wonderful may Allah make it easy for all of us ameen

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:29 am

this wasn't for show or to be boastful, more like to encourage others; wax fiican hadaa lakulantid its best you share

didn't think people would find negativity in this at all, had i thought that i wouldn't post it

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:32 am

or is it just the name '1nemansquad' and its history that gets to people (alhu aclam)

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:56 am

or is it just the name '1nemansquad' and its history that gets to people (alhu aclam)
Am happy for you bro and may Allah keep you on that path till you hit the grave. :up:

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am

you know how they say you don't know the beauty of peace until you have seen the horrors of war and vice versa.
Well the same is true for religion.
When you are doing all the basics of islam and even more you feel as if you are being filled up with imaan and truly feel at happiness.
But then when you start not focusing on prayers. miss a few salat, miss a lot of salat, start looking at girls (guys) start talking to girls for fun. Hang out with girls. Walahi I could keep going on but you see where this path is leading.

I remember a summer that I did not even say allah's name for two months straight. At that point I felt so empty and lost.

It's sp hard to stay on the straight path. whats seems to be working for me now is memorizing quran and for example when I'm about to look at a girl in a bad way or do something haram I will recite a verse talking about the hell fire or the day of judgment.

Im thinking of starting a facebook group for keeping on the straight path. Inshallah I'll keep you guys posted.

LilSomali

Postby LilSomali » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm

A former convict who has become religious is a good person to give dacwa and lecture people because he can see the wrong that he did for what it was and through his experiences he may help stop other people from taking the bad route that he took. He would be promoting the good and shunning the evil that he left. Don't you understand that it is important to learn from other's experiences? You can learn from the mistakes of others. A former convict can share the story about how Islam changed him. That would have a positive effect on a lot of people because it would give hope to those who perhaps thought that they couldn't leave their bad lifestyle.

Maybe you see a person witha beard or a niqaab as having a holier than thou attitude but they are just following the sunnah.
Last edited by LilSomali on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:52 pm

[quote="1nemansquad"]makes you happy and at peace with yourself; i don't remember i've ever been this happy in my entire life (alhamdulilah)

start praying, pick up the quran and spend lots of time at the masjid and you wont go wrong..[/quote]

1nemansquad aka union :o :o :o

u have split personality disorder. One is an athiest and the other is a muslima. Sad but entertaining walaah. :clap: :clap:

1_londoner
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1_londoner » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 pm

this wasn't for show or to be boastful, more like to encourage others; wax fiican hadaa lakulantid its best you share

didn't think people would find negativity in this at all, had i thought that i wouldn't post it
Ignore them bro. May Allah keep us all on the straight path InshAllah. . :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.