Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Canadians

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
yungnfresh
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Canadians

Postby yungnfresh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 am

I was having this discussion with some friends earlier and we were split right down the middle, so let me know what u think.

Let's say u buy someone a coffee/flavoured cappuccino from Timmies and it's Roll Up The Rim To Win season...the drink u buy them happens to be the one that wins the car. Who should get the car, u or them?

Nanees

Re: Canadians

Postby Nanees » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:13 am

last man standing gets the car

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 am

Knowing full well the possibility you of winning while handing over the cup, you've revoked any ownership of the winnings. It ain't mine.

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 am

Knowing full well the possibility you of winning while handing over the cup, you've revoked any ownership of the winnings. It ain't mine.
gotta agree

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:25 am

I bought the coffee, therefore I bought the cup. They can drink the contents but whatever is under that rim is mine. Belee dat!

fighter
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby fighter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 am

You never ever buy anyone anything from Tim Hortons unless of course it has nothing to do with a hot drink during Roll up the Rim season.

Did any of you guys hear the story of two little kids from Quebec a few years ago that found a unrolled cup in the garbage that happened to be the winning Toyota cup? They split it half-half (they sold the car). Then out of no where, their teacher comes and says "oh its mine, give it back, i won it". The judge laughed at her face and said "you threw it in the garbage and u didn't bother rolling it. get lost"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yungnfresh, just be safe and don't buy anyone a hot drink during this roll up season.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 am

Also, I couldn't accept the car, that's just bakhaylnimo

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:32 am

once you bought the drink for them, it's theirs. claiming the prize is akin to taking back a gift because you realized you wanted it for yourself.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:36 am

You never ever buy anyone anything from Tim Hortons unless of course it has nothing to do with a hot drink during Roll up the Rim season.

Did any of you guys hear the story of two little kids from Quebec a few years ago that found a unrolled cup in the garbage that happened to be the winning Toyota cup? They split it half-half (they sold the car). Then out of no where, their teacher comes and says "oh its mine, give it back, i won it". The judge laughed at her face and said "you threw it in the garbage and u didn't bother rolling it. get lost"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yungnfresh, just be safe and don't buy anyone a hot drink during this roll up season.
I remember that. And it makes perfect sense. Once you hand it out, it ain't yours.

Lill,

How do you reconcile wanting the prize, but not wanting the car? :?

yungnfresh
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby yungnfresh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 am

Alpha & Keyblade, that's what I'm talkin about :up:

Lillaahiya, you're shiest :lol: What are u gonna do, stand over them til they're done drinking so u can take the cup back? :lol:

miskeen86
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby miskeen86 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 am

you pay $1.50 for a cup of coffee and expect to win a $25,000 car. this is gambling and it is haram.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Lillaahiya, you're shiest :lol: What are u gonna do, stand over them til they're done drinking so u can take the cup back? :lol:
Lol would they get their car if I didn't buy them the drink?

fighter
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby fighter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm

you pay $1.50 for a cup of coffee and expect to win a $25,000 car. this is gambling and it is haram.
:lol: how the hell is it gambling? people go there for their coffee; not to roll up the rim.

siren
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby siren » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Ciil baan uu dhimani laha... :x

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Well that would depend on the type of the car. :?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.