Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali Males and Jails/Prisons

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Re: Somali Males and Jails/Prisons

Postby salool » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:52 am

Tacab khasaare, i feel sorry for their mothers.Imagin raising ur whole life a qaatil :down:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:55 am

Tacab khasaare, i feel sorry for their mothers.Imagin raising ur whole life a qaatil :down:

Yea I def feel bad for them. Imagine going through qax, dagaal, etc. in Somalia fighting so hard to come to the West and thinking life will be much better and then having Your kid in jail. The Somali habaro generation really had it bad.

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:04 am

Murax

Ku dar 9 month of pregnancy iyo inta habeen ee oo so jeeday ee xaarkiisa, kaadidiisa iyo matagiisa kala guraysay.Caruur abaal ma leh :down:

hipsterrunoff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby hipsterrunoff » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:41 pm

It isn't necessarily the company you keep. It's you growing up in a city crawling with Somalis. Everyone has cousins, family friends, and even long time friends getting towed with STUPID shit.Had few folks I know locked up for the dumbest shit you could think of, some served months while others did years. When it comes to my guy cousins & friends, half of them are college educated and stay out of trouble. The other half, waa qac, :lol: they're the ones you wouldn't want to get on their bad side. So, it all balances. The hardest nigga in the paint who did 8 years can turn out to be your BF, you never know why he got into what he did. Like I said before, everyone's story is different! You can't judge a book by it's cover. Does that mean I keep bad company? NO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LIVE, LOVE, LEARN....H U G Z :up: :mrgreen:
my thoughts exactly, kitten. :up: :D

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:32 pm

We should focus on rehabilitation and providing positive services that will allow them to live a decent civilian life instead of demonizing them that's all I am saying.
I used to think the same, but fact of the matter is no one goes to jail on a first offense, unless it's something serious. These dudes likely have had a few run-ins with COPS before ending up in prison. I consider each of those arrests a warning that they should've changed their behaviour.
Co-sign :up:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 pm

It isn't necessarily the company you keep. It's you growing up in a city crawling with Somalis. Everyone has cousins, family friends, and even long time friends getting towed with STUPID shit.Had few folks I know locked up for the dumbest shit you could think of, some served months while others did years. When it comes to my guy cousins & friends, half of them are college educated and stay out of trouble. The other half, waa qac, :lol: they're the ones you wouldn't want to get on their bad side. So, it all balances. The hardest nigga in the paint who did 8 years can turn out to be your BF, you never know why he got into what he did. Like I said before, everyone's story is different! You can't judge a book by it's cover. Does that mean I keep bad company? NO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

living near too many somalis spells trouble

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 am

living near too many somalis spells trouble
Yea but that's life. We all lead different lives. Whether it's a life of crimes, clean peaceful life. There's never a 3rd option. You either take the right path or you don't. Sometimes taking detours works best for some individuals! :lol:

Hepburn
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: All I need in this Site of sin, is me and Hipsterrunoff!.

Postby Hepburn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Personally I don't know anyone who is in jail or been to jail. And I hope I don't get to know them either.

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Istaghfirullah! What is happening with the Somali males in the west? They're all in and out of jails/prisons. :o I know at least 4 guys who have gone to jail or are currently in jail/prison for months. :| And what's really sad is when you hear eedo or habayar saying they're going to the correctional institutions to visit their sons. :down:
you know the wrong faraxs.

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sexy-kitten » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Istaghfirullah! What is happening with the Somali males in the west? They're all in and out of jails/prisons. :o I know at least 4 guys who have gone to jail or are currently in jail/prison for months. :| And what's really sad is when you hear eedo or habayar saying they're going to the correctional institutions to visit their sons. :down:
Blaming people isn't helping you know. She's right. It's not about who she knows, she's just saying how this is becoming an epidemic in the US, CA, and UK.. That's all.

Hepburn
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: All I need in this Site of sin, is me and Hipsterrunoff!.

Postby Hepburn » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Blaming people isn't helping you know. She's right. It's not about who she knows, she's just saying how this is becoming an epidemic in the US, CA, and UK.. That's all.
I agree with Abdisamad, it's who you know, I know plenty of Somali guys and they have never ever been arrested, they're all in College or graduated from University with degrees and working. And I grew up in MN out of all places, so yes it's who you know or associate with that counts.

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sexy-kitten » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 pm

I agree with Abdisamad, it's who you know, I know plenty of Somali guys and they have never ever been arrested, they're all in College or graduated from University with degrees and working. And I grew up in MN out of all places, so yes it's who you know or associate with that counts.
That's what I said in my other post too. I know those kinda guys too, that's all nice and dandy you know... Kudos to the brothas staying out of trouble. :up: :up: :up: We're talking about the troubled ones, the ones in and out of jail. Some's lifestyle caught up with them & they decided to change for the better. Some got locked up when they were 17 and got out when they were 21 or 22. That's 4-5 years of hell right there. It's still a good age to catch your mistakes & move on. A lot of the individuals who go to jail for years don't go back.

Out of all my friends, I have 2 best friends who were locked up and that won't make me respect them any less. I knew them before they were arrested. I'll never hold that against them. You might, but that's just me though. I can't throw away 9-10 years of friendship just cuz they were "arrested".

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

well sk as I see it all depends on what environment your in. If you work and all your friends are your Colleagues or you study at Uni and befriend people like who study at Uni you won't be exposed to people getting arrested and shit..But if your friends with hoodrats thug nigga wanna be's loosers who don't have any jobs chewing khat or smoking hash all day long, then you will be exposed to people getting jailed all the time...

abdisamad3
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdisamad3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:53 pm

That's what I said in my other post too. I know those kinda guys too, that's all nice and dandy you know... Kudos to the brothas staying out of trouble. :up: :up: :up: We're talking about the troubled ones, the ones in and out of jail. Some's lifestyle caught up with them & they decided to change for the better. Some got locked up when they were 17 and got out when they were 21 or 22. That's 4-5 years of hell right there. It's still a good age to catch your mistakes & move on. A lot of the individuals who go to jail for years don't go back.

Out of all my friends, I have 2 best friends who were locked up and that won't make me respect them any less. I knew them before they were arrested. I'll never hold that against them. You might, but that's just me though. I can't throw away 9-10 years of friendship just cuz they were "arrested".
well I do have some friends who have been to jail. But since I chose a different path in life than them we never interact anymore and as time goes by we lost connection. And I'm glad we did so because I won't gain anything but bad influence from them anyways..

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Kudos to the brothas staying out of trouble.
you know the standards are low in the somali community when we congratulate dudes on staying out of trouble.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.