Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shirib teach us MAAY MAAY please thanks

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Shirib teach us MAAY MAAY please thanks

Postby Tuushi » Wed May 02, 2012 9:34 pm

I am not laughing at that hyper,we all are ignorant on something.

Hawiye live almost every corner of Somalia,they dont have one region or dialect just like most Somalis.
Last edited by Tuushi on Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm

:lol: :lol: @ the two of you oo isku wareersan!

Yeah, it's exactly as Lamgoodle put it but for someone who has never been there, like Tush, it's kinda confusing.

Tush, Diinsoor is about 120 KM West of Baay & Saakoow is about the same or more West of Diinsoor. Saakoow is between Baardheer & Bu'aale. Baardheere on the north and Bu'aale down south.

Apparently,i was born in Saakow.

That makes a lot of sense. :up: Thanks.

Lamgoodle,sidii reer baadiyihii ayaad igu tilmaantey. :lol:
My adeer (the only one I've got) used to live & work there & most (I think all) of my cousins were born there. Two of them live in Canada, Ottawa now. :lol:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm

what you laughing at if you not laughing at me? war bah :oops:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm

:lol: :lol: @ the two of you oo isku wareersan!

Yeah, it's exactly as Lamgoodle put it but for someone who has never been there, like Tush, it's kinda confusing.

Tush, Diinsoor is about 120 KM West of Baay & Saakoow is about the same or more West of Diinsoor. Saakoow is between Baardheer & Bu'aale. Baardheere on the north and Bu'aale down south.

Apparently,i was born in Saakow.

That makes a lot of sense. :up: Thanks.

Lamgoodle,sidii reer baadiyihii ayaad igu tilmaantey. :lol:
Saakow really? Nice place. Which xaafad?

Hyper, language is a complicated issue in the southern part of somalia. There are dozens of dialects which do not resemble each other.

In the whole of the south clan identity is not that strong but dialect is. You will hardly find someone identifying along tribal lines.

The Bay, Bakool, Buur Hakaba, Ufurow and Qansax dheere is rather homogenous as regards language and social cohesion. But westwards towards the jubbooyinka and shabeelooyinka is different.

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Wed May 02, 2012 9:38 pm

btw, for the record, I can't really speak maay maay, when i try its beyond mediocre. But I can understand it all
Same here. I understand it but cannot speak it.

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Wed May 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Lam I dont know the xaafads but i can ask.

Twist. U mean ur people might know ma people? :lol:

I love af maay maay and wish i spoke it.I can understand a little tho.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 pm

thanks lama. cause of the tribal taboo and insult going on here, wan iska gabada. i would love to learn a lot about our southern people. they are (Majority, even tho in somalinet, an la is daman), more diverse than rest, hence they are less tribal.
Last edited by Hyperactive on Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Lam I dont know the xaafads but i can ask.

I love af maay maay and wish i spoke it.I can understand a little tho.
I think you, Twist and I are related.

I speak almost every dialect that is spoken in Somalia (except the dabbare) since I am from the waan daadshe nation

Hyper, I can help you in knowing your people. Ask me any question.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 pm

;)

:D

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 pm

If that is the case,i demand ma share of the family shaxaarinimo.

Anytime u wanna teach any of those dialects,let me know. :up:

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 pm

I feel sorry for people who do not come from major sub-clans. Look how hard it is to ask each other who are you. Laangaabnimo has become a detrimental aspect of Somali culture because of the fear perpetuated by the timidness we see here. They can 't even ask each other normally what are you taking thereby power away from the whole notion of "haybsasho".

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

If that is the case,i demand ma share of the family shaxaarinimo.

Anytime u wanna teach any of those dialects,let me know. :up:
That region reminds me of this song;
Subsitute the words chicago, Norfolk, etc with Bardheere, , Baarka muunin dhoorow, Jawaari, safar nooleeys, moode moode, maanya fuuulka and see how it rimes.

You must have seen the crocodiles on the river banks in Saakow. When peace prevails, make sure to create a crocodile farm.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 pm

lama, twist, tuushi, you guys remind me oday meelahaas iyo galbeedka ka yimid ba arkay girl aqalka reerka o la jooko so galgasha, she was neighbour. he asked: qabadu wa qolama? kids around told him: adeer wa rer hamar (they mean light skinned minority). , he thought kids didnt understand him. he repeated "war gabadu qoledeeda idin weydiyey?" kids answered same " adeer she is rer hamar. now the old guy got really mad and said " war hamar wa magaalo, o loma dashee, inantu so tol la yaqaano ma leh" :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Hyperactive on Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 pm

I feel sorry for people who do not come from major sub-clans. Look how hard it is to ask each other who are you. Laangaabnimo has become a detrimental aspect of Somali culture because of the fear perpetuated by the timidness we see here. They can 't even ask each other normally what are you taking thereby power away from the whole notion of "haybsasho".
Laan means "clitoris" to many somalis. Bragging about having a huge clitoris is a horrible thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ hyper. Good one.

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 pm

lama, twist, tuushi, you guys remind me oday meelahaas iyo galbeedka ka yimid ba arkay girl aqalka reerka o la jooko so galgasha, she was neighbour. he asked: qabadu wa qolama? kids around told him: adeer wa rer hamar (they mean light skinned minority). , he thought kids didnt understand him. he repeated "war gabadu qoledeeda idin weydiyey?" kids answered same " adeer she is rer hamar. now the old guy got really mad and said " war hamar wa magaalo, o loma dashee, inantu so tol la yaqaano ma leh" :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Laan means "clitoris" to many somalis. Bragging about having a huge clitoris is a horrible thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ hyper. Good one.
:lol: :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.