Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shirib teach us MAAY MAAY please thanks

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Shirib teach us MAAY MAAY please thanks

Postby The`Republic » Wed May 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Laan also means a tree branch in every Somali dialect. Besides the only people who synonymous it with the clit are the Banadiri whose understanding of Somali God already cursed. :lol:

Istagfurulah.

Still the point counts. Laangaabnimo is perpetuated by the weak and half-ass ways the insecure conduct haybsasho. Either cease indulging in it or indulge in it like men with kins.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Laan also means a tree branch in every Somali dialect. Besides the only people who synonymous it with the clit are the Banadiri whose understanding of Somali God already cursed. :lol:

Istagfurulah.

Still the point counts. Laangaabnimo is perpetuated by the weak and half-ass ways the insecure conduct haybsasho. Either cease indulging in it or indulge in it like men with kins.
Yeap, true, it means "branch". The clit is also an anatomical branch. :lol: :lol:

Saaxib, it is a question of quality and not quantity.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Wed May 02, 2012 10:02 pm

You misunderstand me. I do not believe in quantity and pedigree based on it but I do believe in self-pride. I find that one perpetuates the realities of social conditioning in Somali culture as belonging to a "smaller clan" when you give in to the expectations deemed from you as from that background.

You have kin, we all do. If you will engage in haybsasho, act like it.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

You misunderstand me. I do not believe in quantity and pedigree based on it but I do believe in self-pride. I find that one perpetuates the realities of social conditioning in Somali culture as belonging to a "smaller clan" when you give in to the expectations deemed from you as from that background.

You have kin, we all do. If you will engage in haybsasho, act like it.
I might have misunderstood you.

I don't want to engage in the metaphysics of somali clans. But, they are social constructions. Pride is an enemy of the rational and thought processes.

There is no one engaging in "haybsasho". It is people with inferiority complex who view the clan as a unit of analysis and as a unit of heybsasho.

Anyway, see you all.

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Thu May 03, 2012 12:42 am

Waryaa, are Digil & Mirif close to Eelay? Because Eelay speak their own language too. & How come I never met a Digil or Mirif person? Are they outnumbered? My mom understands and speaks some Maay Maay. We have a large population of Bantus in Ohio. :up:
Eelaay is a subclan of Mirifle.

I bet you've met some, you just don't know it. Met any folks who say they're Rahanweyn?
Then I met a few Eelay people. They just say they're Eelaay. I've heard of Mirifle but I always thought they were a separate tribe.

Rabshoole, I can think of a few eelay folks now. The name Mirifle just threw me off. You're right though the Eelaay ppl that I met are beautiful. Then again, it would be unfair of me to say a certain tribe is blessed in the looks department lool.. We are Somalis afterall. :up:

Eaglehawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu May 03, 2012 12:54 am

Raxanwayntu wa productive people, we have great future together
Shirib I believe in the restoration of geledi kingdom

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu May 03, 2012 1:52 am

They're from Diinsoor, mainly. That's about as much I know.
I lived in Diinsoor the beginning of the civil-war for few years & I might know your family! :D
Anything's possible. :)
I feel sorry for people who do not come from major sub-clans. Look how hard it is to ask each other who are you. Laangaabnimo has become a detrimental aspect of Somali culture because of the fear perpetuated by the timidness we see here. They can 't even ask each other normally what are you taking thereby power away from the whole notion of "haybsasho".
What? :|

I might need some explanation here. What exactly are you saying? What that has been said here is negative? No one has asked anyone who they were, but we've simply discussed one group of people. I don't believ it was anyone's intention to divulge personal information from another user, that wasn't already offered voluntarily. What does "haybsasho" mean and how have we removed its "power"?

Don't bother feeling sorry for anyone. Pride in a clan is what has destroyed our people. As Lamgoodle put it, quality over quantity.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Thu May 03, 2012 3:13 am

I was being a devil's advocate. :lol: I do however get tired of the what town are you from and oh look we might be related there. Somalia is a tribal society. Either be upfront or cease engaging in politically masked language. It's so surface. But I digress, the reality is I am not even as close to hostile as some suspect. Call it a dose of realism. :|

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 am

^ Voltage, you never grow out of this mate, do you? :|

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Thu May 03, 2012 7:16 am

"I'm not a ____ , I'm a realist."

one of the most played out and utterly bs lines ever

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Thu May 03, 2012 7:26 am

What the flip is Digil and Mirif and Mururufle :? Ma qolooyin ba?

they are like 1/5 of the somali population, who are they kulahaa :lol:

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Thu May 03, 2012 7:27 am

^ :lol: I don't know much about tribes, so pardon my ignorance.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

lamagoodle,

have you ever heard af Jiida?

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 am

shrib wa rageedi. i would love to learn all somali dialogs such rahaweyn, barawani and even southern one, the one waryaa learned.lol

shrib, i told you were have now hadama (spelling?) in laws!
Haye who married a Hadam person?

shaab_
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby shaab_ » Thu May 03, 2012 9:57 am

MaayMaay should be killed off, it sounds so ridiculous and unmanly. Standard Somali sounds much more masculine and refined.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.