Page 5 of 5

Re: HUMAN FOOT SENT TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY HEADQUARTERS

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am
by tightrope
Body-parts victim ID'd as Chinese student in Montreal
Search on for suspect Luka Rocco Magnotta in France
CBC News
Posted: Jun 1, 2012 6:06 AM ET
Last Updated: Jun 1, 2012 11:12 AM ET


Police have identified Lin Jun, a 33-year-old Chinese citizen studying in Montreal, as the victim of the gruesome homicide that has led to an international manhunt for Luka Rocco Magnotta.

Lin was attending Concordia University and was last seen on May 24, according to police. That's one day before a grisly video, reported to be of the killing, was posted to an internet gore site.

Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière said investigators believe the victim was killed on May 24 or 25.

On May 26, suspect Luka Rocco Magnotta flew out of Montreal's Trudeau airport, police said. Lafrenière would not confirm his destination.

Image
Rocco Luka Magnotta is shown in a photo from the website http://www.luka-magnotta.com. Magnotta is wanted in the shocking case of a dismembered body whose parts were mailed to different places including Conservative Party headquarters. (Canadian Press)

"He may have returned under another identitiy," he said.

The student was reported missing by a family member on May 29, police said, the same day packages containing human remains were discovered in Ottawa and a suitcase with more remains was found outside a Montreal apartment building.

French police are searching for Canadian porn actor Magnotta, who is suspected of killing the student and sending the dismembered body parts in the mail.

Search for suspect centred in France

A senior French police official said Friday he is "sure" that Magnotta is currently in France. Another French police official said Magnotta apparently flew to Paris from Montreal last weekend, The Associated Press reports.

Image
Lin Jun was last seen on May 24 and reported missing on May 29, according to Montreal police. (Facebook)

In France, officials said the country's fugitive search unit had been ordered to hunt for Magnotta. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about such searches publicly.

Montreal police said they believed Magnotta killed Lin, a man he had a relationship with, made a video of the killing, and mailed body parts to the headquarters of two major Canadian political parties.

Police were reported to be showing photos of the victim around Magnotta's neighbourhood to see whether anyone recognized him.

Interpol aids in search

Interpol posted a picture and information on Montreal resident Magnotta on its website Thursday among a group of many international suspects wanted for crimes including homicide, kidnapping and organized crime.

Interpol's involvement came after Montreal police issued a worldwide warrant for first-degree murder.

Clues at the Montreal crime scene led police to expand their search abroad.

"We found some evidence," said Lafrenière. "We found, also, a letter that was posted on a website making us believe he might be gone out of the country."

He said they were working with airport officials in Montreal as well, but wouldn't disclose any information they had provided.

"There is no country in the world that is not talking about him," Lafrenière said. "There’s a lot of heat on him. There’s a lot of pressure on him, so we believe that it’s going to be hard for him.”
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... rance.html

Re: HUMAN FOOT SENT TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY HEADQUARTERS

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:50 pm
by fighter
British reporter met Luka Magnotta six months ago

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... haken.html

Luka Magnotta tells the British Sun " I can't stop killing"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... lling.html

Re: HUMAN FOOT SENT TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY HEADQUARTERS

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 pm
by tightrope
:|

[youtube]04ogywfaGQI&feature=related[/youtube]

Re: HUMAN FOOT SENT TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY HEADQUARTERS

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:30 am
by tightrope
Body parts suspect Luka Magnotta arrested in Germany
WARNING: This story contains graphic information that may be disturbing
CBC News
Posted: Jun 4, 2012 10:48 AM ET
Last Updated: Jun 4, 2012 11:36 AM ET


Canadian murder suspect Luka Rocco Magnotta has been arrested in Berlin.

Magnotta is wanted by Montreal authorities on first-degree murder and other charges, including threatening Canadian politicians.

He is suspected of killing Jun Lin – a 33-year-old Chinese university student with whom he had a relationship – filming the attack and mailing the victim's dismembered body parts to Canadian political parties.

German police Chief-Supt. Stefan Rieldich told CBC News that Berlin authorities arrested Magnotta in an internet café Monday at 2 p.m. local time.

"As far as I know he was arrested alone, and there was no struggle," Rieldich said.

Magnotta is being held at the Berlin prison and is expected to be brought in front of a judge on Tuesday.

Magnotta, dubbed the "Butcher of Montreal" by European media, was spotted in Paris on the weekend, at a local café and in a hotel.

Victim went missing May 24

Parts of Lin's remains were discovered last week after they were sent to the federal Liberal and Conservative parties in Ottawa.

His torso was also found stuffed in a suitcase and dumped in a trash pile behind the suspect's apartment. Montreal police believe Lin was killed sometime in the evening of May 24 or early May 25. A video that apparently captured some of the act was posted to an online gore site on May 25.

Montreal police said Magnotta left the city on an international flight on May 26. According to the French newspaper Le Figaro, Magnotta arrived in France at Paris's Roissy airport the same day.

Interpol issued a notice about Magnotta to 190 countries on Thursday.

Montreal police are calling it one of the largest manhunts in their history.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... earch.html

Re: HUMAN FOOT SENT TO CONSERVATIVE PARTY HEADQUARTERS

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 am
by fighter