Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are there protests in Canada?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Why are there protests in Canada?

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu May 31, 2012 5:44 pm

People need to understand that as long as more people accept government and private loans to attend university and college, costs of education will rise.

Pretty damn simply cause and effect.
McGill is one of the top 15 schools in the world and they charge so little for tuition to their professional programs :down: I heard their MBA program is roughly the same cost as their med school :?

They need to start executing the rioters. They are pathetic.
The problem is Quebec has been heavily funded by the national government for decades, and now that shit is changing and reality is hitting them in the face, they don't know what to do.

hipsterrunoff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby hipsterrunoff » Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 pm

No it'd be like London. They'd use it as an excuse to tighten up security and make it more of a Big Brother society. RIP that free society they promised us :down:

Check how they deceive us: http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/b ... nst-syria/
lmao @t you going on vigilantcitizen. That place is full of crazies.

witheredfleur
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby witheredfleur » Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 pm

No it'd be like London. They'd use it as an excuse to tighten up security and make it more of a Big Brother society. RIP that free society they promised us :down:

Check how they deceive us: http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/b ... nst-syria/
lmao @t you going on vigilantcitizen. That place is full of crazies.
So you know it? Why did that make me laugh so hard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that website. The guy who made it is so wise :up: but I don't agree with everything, some shit on there is just... hmm

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm

They're a bunch of spoiled kids. Simple as. Same with London.

If you can't afford to go to school, don't go.
Yeah, but then what are you gonna do? Everyone has uni qualifications nowadays so if you don't have one, employers barely look twice at you.
Work a couple years after high school, save money, and pay for it out of pocket. Loans shouldn't be the answer, unless they are taken from family that will not charge you interest.

But I advocate against university, for the most part.

fighter
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby fighter » Thu May 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Alpha,

University is a serious waste of time and money.

Lost opportunity cost: $98,400 (minimum wage, 40 hrs a week for 5 years)

witheredfleur
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby witheredfleur » Thu May 31, 2012 6:35 pm

They're a bunch of spoiled kids. Simple as. Same with London.

If you can't afford to go to school, don't go.
Yeah, but then what are you gonna do? Everyone has uni qualifications nowadays so if you don't have one, employers barely look twice at you.
Work a couple years after high school, save money, and pay for it out of pocket. Loans shouldn't be the answer, unless they are taken from family that will not charge you interest.

But I advocate against university, for the most part.
Your reasoning? :?

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu May 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Alpha,

University is a serious waste of time and money.

Lost opportunity cost: $98,400 (minimum wage, 40 hrs a week for 5 years)
I wouldn't suggest minimum wage for a lifetime either. I believe Ontario has some of the best college level programs to offer that get you into the door and lined up with job offers right after graduation. You just have to know what to look for. University is not[i/] intended to prepare one for the workforce. College is.

withered, RE:^

fighter
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby fighter » Thu May 31, 2012 6:37 pm

Colleges are :up:

Plumbers make $100 per visit :up:

Not to mention you are employed the day you finish your college program. You employ yourself

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu May 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Colleges are :up:

Plumbers make $100 per visit :up:

Not to mention you are employed the day you finish your college program. You employ yourself
Sure, plumbing is one thing, but the sciences are where it's at imo, though I'm generally wary of the medical industry. You can works as a chemist, lab tech, pharmacist, environmental scientist, etc. Technical schools are given this undeserving low standard, but I think it will be our generation that is kicked in the balls by university, and we'll be forced to reorganize our perspectives about education a few years down the road.

Had I known what I know now, I would never have wasted years and money in a university. Never.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.