Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CIA Funneling Arms to Syrian Rebels Through Turkey

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:55 pm

CIA officers are engaged in a supposed vetting process for which fighters get arms

by John Glaser, June 21, 2012

The CIA has officers secretly operating in southern Turkey, helping allies to funnel arms to Syrian opposition fighters across the border into Syria to aid in the fight against the regime of President Bashar al Assad.

The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar,” according to the New York Times.

The Times reports the CIA officers have been in southern Turkey for several weeks aiming to help keep the weapons and ammunition flowing across the border out of the hands of al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups within the rebel militias. This corresponds to reports in May that the Obama administration was preparing a plan that would attempt to vet rebel militias in Syria to determine whether they would be suitable recipients of munitions through US allies.

The rebel fighters, the Washington Post reported earlier in May, “have begun receiving significantly more and better weapons in recent weeks, an effort paid for by Persian Gulf nations and coordinated in part by the United States.”

Members of the exile group the Syrian National Council have said that the Turkish Army has provided such aid as antitank weaponry to the rebel fighters. They also claim that the US was consulted about these arms transfers.

The opposition in Syria is an unorganized, unreliable, unaccountable group of localized rebel militias, at least some of whom have ties to al-Qaeda. Access to the fighters and to Syria itself is very difficult and no so-called “vetting process” could ensure the weapons wouldn’t be used by unscrupulous groups. Even if it could, arming one side in a virtual civil war would not be a legitimate, or a prudent foreign policy.

As Joshua Landis, director of the Center for Middle East Studies at the University of Oklahoma and an expert on Syria, wrote in Foreign Policy this month, “Let’s be clear: Washington is pursuing regime change by civil war in Syria. The United States, Europe, and the Gulf states want regime change, so they are starving the regime in Damascus and feeding the opposition.”

George Washington University professor and Middle East expert Marc Lynch has argued that “arming the Syrian opposition, would likely spread the violence and increase the numbers of Syrian dead without increasing the likelihood of regime collapse.” Also, as we saw in Libya, “fighting groups will rise in political power, while those who have advocated nonviolence or who advance political strategies will be marginalized.”

The potential for this meddling to escalate the violence and exacerbate the suffering is very, very high, and recent UN investigations suggest the Syrian rebels have committed atrocities in recent weeks. The humanitarian concerns in Syria are real, but military intervention does not offer a compelling alternative, especially since Washington would undoubtedly be getting involved in a geopolitical game against Iran, as opposed to for humanitarian concerns.

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/06/21/cia- ... gh-turkey/
Ok, where are those who always claim that the current attack on the Arab Republic of Syria is a jihad and the so-called FSA is a sunni army fighting for Sunni rights? :shock: :down:

Truth is, the Sunnis led by Wahabbists and Muslim brotherhood are either being dubbed or willing implementors of Dajjal's plan. I will stand in the day of judgement, and I will confirm that I have warned you about this project that you have supported in Libya, in Syria, and the rest of the Muslim world. Allah is my witness.

Conqueror
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within"

Re: CIA Funneling Arms to Syrian Rebels Through Turkey

Postby Conqueror » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

All these Arab Uprising and the take over of "Islamist" in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and soon Syria is a major plan headed by the West. The West or Dajjal's supporters cannot attack the Muslim world, while the Puppet Regimes are there. In order to cause a widespread of bloodshed in the Muslim world, all the puppet regimes have to be changed to "Islamist" government that are Anti-West.

When that happens, the West will have every excuse to use it's military superiority to attack and decimate every Muslim country that has an "Radical" Islamist government, creating a major widespread of bloodshed. This will cause the world to go into a major change. This will fasten the coming of Dajjal.

What if Hosni Mubarak is free, chilling in some private resort, while the guy in detention is Hosni Mubarak's double? Have you seen that Uday Hussien movie about his Double? The movie is called The Devil's Double.

tightrope
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby tightrope » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:14 pm

All these Arab Uprising and the take over of "Islamist" in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and soon Syria is a major plan headed by the West. The West or Dajjal's supporters cannot attack the Muslim world, while the Puppet Regimes are there. In order to cause a widespread of bloodshed in the Muslim world, all the puppet regimes have to be changed to "Islamist" government that are Anti-West.

When that happens, the West will have every excuse to use it's military superiority to attack and decimate every Muslim country that has an "Radical" Islamist government, creating a major widespread of bloodshed. This will cause the world to go into a major change. This will fasten the coming of Dajjal.

What if Hosni Mubarak is free, chilling in some private resort, while the guy in detention is Hosni Mubarak's double? Have you seen that Uday Hussien movie about his Double? The movie is called The Devil's Double.
UDUN AND CONQUEOR BOTH HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD :up:
SPEAKING OF DOUBLES, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO FORMER ISRAELI PM ARIEL SHARON?
HE SUFFERS A STROKE AND WAS IN 'GRAVE CONDITION'. WE NEVER HEARD ABOUT HIM AGAIN... :|

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 pm

When it comes to the middle east no one explain it better than the great Sheikh, Sheikh Imran Hosein.

Arabmann
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabmann » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 am

When it comes to the middle east no one explain it better than the great Sheikh, Sheikh Imran Hosein.

Has Sheikh Imran Hosein ever called for resisting occupying/colonizing forces in Muslim countries? If not, there's a reason why Western countries don't bother him, especially since he weidly claims that the dajjal has already arrived (in the form of corporations, entities, etc as udun also claims). Doesn't that claim contradict what majority of Muslim scholars teach?

Tiburon
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Tiburon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Udun a word of advise my brother. If I were you I would choose my topics wisely and what I write in somalinet. Plenty of damned informers in this place.

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Udun a word of advise my brother. If I were you I would choose my topics wisely and what I write in somalinet. Plenty of damned informers in this place.
Ok my brother/sister Tiburon, I heard you. :up:

KuwaitiBoy

Postby KuwaitiBoy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:54 pm

The most important thing is to keep the Iraqi government weak and the syrian government strong :up:

miskeen86
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby miskeen86 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you CIA. kick those evil alawites out :arrow:

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:26 am

^Too bad Russia is on the side of the Syrian government, and it does not look like the government of Bashar Al-Asad is falling :arrow:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 am

The main point of entry is the border with Jordan.
The baniyas millitary base is nearby and the CIA has been training syrian rebels since George Bush was in power.

All they needed was the spark to light up everything, and the spark was the Syrian regime killing and torturing children.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.