Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

THE NAME FARAH

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: THE NAME FARAH

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 am

:lol: :lol: . you mean ree7aan and ree3aan and mara? so is ism morakab? wala jumla? doesnt make sense at all.

never mind brother.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am

Well it is a description. That means it is a phrase where you would need to separate to get the description. It is not an original name. When someone says Warsangeli, it is not a name but a description.

The description of those who "walk on sweet flowers" is backed up by historical observations of the clan through the records I have posted above. Here is another one from The Encyclopedia on Universal Geography stating the theory that the entire name for "Myrrh" is derived from the people most associated with it.

The roots of the name + historical association of the clan with sweet smelling hopefully settles the confusion.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 am

im more confused now and doesnt make any sense as arabic speaker but maybe as somali speaker it does. i even asked my dad and he was more confused than im and grammeractly or speach figure didnt make sense. i took pen and paper to write in different ways and didnt make it. any ways, doesnt matter to me. i just read for you saying it but i didnt bother it. i just was curious. take care bro.

ps; ree3an doesnt mean flower means first and best of things ريعان الشَّيء أوَّله وأفضله " ذهب رَيْعان الشَّباب وحلّت الكهولة ، - جاء رَيْعان المطر " . like ree3an al shabab ( like best age)

ree7an: means: any thing specially "nabaat" that have good smell.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:45 am

You have confused me as well. :geek: I really don't know what we are discussing anymore. :lol:

Yes, the Somali name is Ree7aan as well. But halkaas noogu xir :lol:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 am

okay bro. it was all good. at least i know now your point whether makes sense to me or not. as before i was just ignoring and lazy to even bother to ask you. as somali tribs never make sense to me their names also doesnt make sense to me, Allah ba ika madowbeynaya ban o maleyni ...this is just joke.

The`Republic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The`Republic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

War waad edeb darantahay oo anshax xuntahay, dhawr jeer ayaan ku arkay adigoo qof ku xadayo markaad la heshidne kaftan dhable ayay iga ahayd ku qiil baxayo. :lol:

That's a joke now but yh 1.) glad you know my point now and 2.) sxb I am not really beholden to tribalism as I was before but I have to say I do not regret learning it; this was what made me get an actual connection to Somalia I never had since I never grew up there. Hada you can put me in any village or town in Somalia and I know about the people and customs from top to bottom and can survive there and it provided access for me that allowed to become more knowledgeable about Somalis than even most average Somalis in Somalia! :lol:

But yh ilaahay hanaga wada madoobeeyo its bad effects :)

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:01 am

lol i like your first line. you remind me my step mom's mom. :lol:

khair Allah ko seeyo, nin qalbi fi'an ba tahay. e so duee na, ino naarta ika 7oreyo this ramadan and all of us. i will duee for you inshallah.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:07 am

ps; i dont want to be written a liar in my book. i was joking in truth, i mean it , as prophet used to joke in truth . it wasnt something i care so ignored until now.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.