Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I thought we had it bad but FINLAND?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

I thought we had it bad but FINLAND?

Postby Advo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:52 am

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: I thought we had it bad but FINLAND?

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 am

Actually, long hours of fast aren't so bad. After first 10th hrs of hunger, your stomach becomes desensitized. It's the thirst that kills me.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 am

I've jeard numerous ulema say those people can fast using a different countries time :up:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 am

They will only have 3 hours and some change window period to eat afur and saxuur, that's hardly any time for food to go down.

Ilaahay ha u gargaaro.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

I've jeard numerous ulema say those people can fast using a different countries time :up:
I heard the same but it can only be neighboring countries like UK or something and not places like Australia iyo pacific Islands.

MenaceToSociety
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby MenaceToSociety » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 am

Walaahi o bilaahi I had this conversation with folks from Western Europe here in Hargeisa...I made a statement in the car that those people in Finland dont really have to fast that long and that I believed I heard some kidn of religious authority(Al-Azhar) ruling that they can follow Saudi Arabian time to do their fasting...but these folks laughed at me for making such a statement and I just moved on to another topic while still thinking (did I just made it up or I reallly read it somewhere)

FarahWithFlare

Postby FarahWithFlare » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

Walaahi o bilaahi I had this conversation with folks from Western Europe here in Hargeisa...I made a statement in the car that those people in Finland dont really have to fast that long and that I believed I heard some kidn of religious authority(Al-Azhar) ruling that they can follow Saudi Arabian time to do their fasting...but these folks laughed at me for making such a statement and I just moved on to another topic while still thinking (did I just made it up or I reallly read it somewhere)

:lol: :lol:

That was smart guess saxib. Instinct works sometimes. Good judgement call.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:33 am

Actually, long hours of fast aren't so bad. After first 10th hrs of hunger, your stomach becomes desensitized. It's the thirst that kills me.
yeah especially during these hot days

HilaacHills
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby HilaacHills » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Oravais isn't that far up, waxay ku beegan tahay Stockholm(Sweden). The northern part, i think it's called Lapin läni or something has it far more worse, they'll be fasting up to 23 hours. I know people from Kiruna(Sweden) who'll iftar today around 11:30 pm and who started fasting around 01:00 am, mashallah. Ajar badan bay ka helayaan, alle ha u sahlo e. :up: Under circumstances like this laakiin, the culumo say that they have permission to iftar when the souther parts of the country are having their iftar. :mrgreen: :up:

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

I heard the same but it can only be neighboring countries like UK or something and not places like Australia iyo pacific Islands.
I heard it's the nearest Muslim country,which would be Turkey in their case

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.