Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar series by MBC

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
SultanOrder

Umar series by MBC

Postby SultanOrder » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

[youtube]xMu_654ASDk&feature=g-vrec[/youtube]
It was a Ramadan special that took 3 years to make. It is a seera that is most focused on Umar's ra perspective. This gives them the chance to cover after the Prophet's scw death and the conquests of Sham, Persia, and Alexandria. It is really good quality and enjoyable to watch. Having watched the whole series 30 parts of about 45 mins long, I would give them a 'B' grade for being a first of it's kind.
My criticisms is some of the protrayals of Sahabi's, like Abu Sufyan, who they took liberties in his post-Islam, which is a grave sin in my eyes, for in it they gave him some of his Jahili traits and made him say things that I have never heard it be narrated him saying, and this is libel in my eyes. They also had a lot innacuracies that I noticed. Some of them being Abu sufyan's conversion, him loosing his eye in the siege of Taif, in the movie he looses it in Yarmouk, but in Yarmouk he looses his second eye. The muslims capture Damascus, but give it up to join their armies at Yarmouk, then capture Damascus again. Also, it makes it seem like forces were already concentrated in Yarmouk before Khalid came from Iraq, which is false. These are some of the freshest inaccuracies in my mind.

My biggest criticisms are the changes of the seerah to fit a need for dramatization that is used for movies and stories. The Seerah is a very sacred knowledge, it does not befit it to be at the whim of directors and story writers to play to modern movie goers audiences.

I also want to give a warning to some of the more conservative members on here, the Khalifahs are depicted in this series unlike The Messenger, this is a controversial issue between some of the Ulema, and Al Azhar which supported The Messenger doesn't support this series. Also, I just want to mention that the makng of The messenger was a very controversial issue of its day, so much so that funding was pulled during the making of it and it only continued because of financial support from Muammar Ghadaffi.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Umar series by MBC

Postby gurey25 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 pm

i watched it all as well, it was great, i don't see the controversy f depicting the sahaba.
they are human too and we should be careful about too much veneration.

Also, it makes it seem like forces were already concentrated in Yarmouk before Khalid came from Iraq, which is false. These are some of the freshest inaccuracies in my mind.
werent they already in yarmouk before khalid did his fancy manouver in the desert on the way from the iraq?

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:28 am

I think we should be careful because with the sahaba we are learning our deen, and though they are humans and fallible we can hardly do just protraying their infalibility.

They moved to yarmouk on khalids suggestion after all the muslim divisions were together.

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 am

Interesting series :up:
Nothing wrong with depicting sahaba. They were not prophets.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:00 am

Abu sufyans ultimate goal was to gain power for his family .umayad clan and he succeeded. After uthman who also was umayad they started power strugle which they in the end Won.

DayaxJeclee
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DayaxJeclee » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 am

medieval political philosophy was more advance in arabia then.

Enlightened~Sista
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Enlightened~Sista » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 am

I should've watched it when it came on T.V.

union
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby union » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Abu sufyans ultimate goal was to gain power for his family .umayad clan and he succeeded. After uthman who also was umayad they started power strugle which they in the end Won.
I'm not sure why people like Bilal ibn Rabah or the son of Sumayyah bint Khayyat were not appointed to prominent political positions while their tormentors the Quraysh nobles, who were often among the last to believe, were glorified and enriched even more post-jahiliya. This is clear nepotism.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:18 pm

in 7h century people were living clanish society... actually Abu sufyaan clan UMAYYADS took the power and made whole islamic empire a family controlled inheretance goverment.. muawiya the son of abuusugtaan when he become the leader of empire hes Son Succeeded and hes son yaziiid fought bloody war against prophets sc granchild HUSSIEN were hussien whit all his family was murdared inorder yazeed to be the only leader and after yaziid hes son muawiya the second took the power.. so those days was just like todays saudi arabia or north korea.. when the leader dies hes son takes over...

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:33 pm

in 7h century people were living clanish society... actually Abu sufyaan clan UMAYYADS took the power and made whole islamic empire a family controlled inheretance goverment.. muawiya the son of abuusugtaan when he become the leader of empire hes Son Succeeded and hes son yaziiid fought bloody war against prophets sc granchild HUSSIEN were hussien whit all his family was murdared inorder yazeed to be the only leader and after yaziid hes son muawiya the second took the power.. so those days was just like todays saudi arabia or north korea.. when the leader dies hes son takes over...
Your point? At the end of the day the Quraysh especially the Ummayads were fierce warriors in their own land, at the end of the day Islam was based in ARABIA so onlyh arabins should rule since it was arab land... and no habeshi or persian. It is like saying Mecca was Mogadisho and Non somalis shuld rule it..

so yes the banu hashim clan abd manaf clan, ummayad clan have the right to rule their own clan. :steviej:

ElfRuler
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ElfRuler » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:46 pm

And this was foretold by the Prophet (PBUH).
The Prophet (PBUH) said: “The Khilafah in my Ummah after me will be for thirty years. Then there will be Mulkan ‘aduudan (hereditary rule) after that.” [Tirmidhi]
Ali died as a martyr at the beginning of the 30th year since the Prophet's (PBUH) death.

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Hold fast to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs; clamp your (very) teeth upon it." [Abu Dawud, Ahmad]
The Prophet (PBUH) said: The Prophethood will remain amongst you for as long as Allah wills it to be. Then Allah will raise it when He wills to raise it [meaning the prophet will die]. Then there will be the khilafah upon the Prophetic methodology. And it will last for as long as Allah wills it to last. Then Allah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be biting kingship, and it will remain for as long as Allah wills it to remain. Then Allah will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be tyrannical (forceful) kingship and it will remain for as long as Allaah wills it to remain. Then He will raise it when He wills to raise it. Then there will be a khilafah upon the Prophetic methodology. Then he (the Prophet) was silent. (Musnad Imam Ahmad).
The scholars have agreed that we are in the stage of "tyrannical kinship". No need to "clannize" Islamic history.

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:32 am

Iam now watching episode 12, its getting better.
The life of Amir al mumineen Imam Umar ibn Al Khattab(Aleyhi salaam, radiyallah anhu) is really interesting.

A rafidhi explains why they hate Umar(Aleyhi salaam, radiyallah anhu):

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.