Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

gabadha mise reerka?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Somaliman50
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

gabadha mise reerka?

Postby Somaliman50 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:24 pm

hey people, these threads are not usually my taste but i'd like to get a viewpoint on this from the males. So yes, we have the power to go for anything we seek in terms of wedlock even at the expense of parental approval..laakin would you guys really be happy with a girl at the cost of being distant from hooyo? not talking from experience or anything..more to do with a story i read online but anyways, some mothers can be unreasonable or won't budge if they see that you want a young lady even if you are head over heels with her., so if you feel the situation will not go any easier and hooyo will simply remain adamant, maxaa kula gudboon? i know we all love our hooyos, laakin would you discount this and place the girl as a priority?

discuss with discretion.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: gabadha mise reerka?

Postby Twist » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Unless one has a very poor relationship with their mother a guy should able to xod-xodasho his hooyo & persuade her in one way or another.

Sidee xeero lagu xagtaa ilkana ku nabad galaan! :up:

PS: If nothing else works & ayaduna ay weli soo taagan tahay, as a grown man I don't think that his mother has any saying in his future wife and the choice he makes (not denying the importance of having mother's blessings) but sooner or later she'll get over it & can't deny her grand-children's love.

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Never ask parents' approval of this issue Waryaa! this is your love not your fathers love. I am married. I remeber I call my parents the day of THE nikaax just to inform the FARAX.

LE JUSTCIER
RW

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 pm

^ Weliba wa ku faanaysa :wtf: Akhaas!

I can never wrap my head around a woman getting married knowing her mother-in-law doesn't approve of her/hates her :?

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Ditch my parents to be with some chick who I've met relatively recently? Anyone who seriously entertains the thought needs a long hard look at themselves.

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Fuk it. :lol: I can't risk what I already got over a damn comment.

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:45 pm

You need to draw a line between obeying your parents and your love. You parents have to aknowledge to respect your right to make choices.

Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Substance » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:45 pm

There is plenty chicks bro. But you only got one mom.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Ditch my parents to be with some chick who I've met relatively recently? Anyone who seriously entertains the thought needs a long hard look at themselves.
^ This.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Nope. Not even an option. Unfortunately, you never know how things will fair once it's all signed and dotted. What to do then is the important question. Sometimes, solutions don't come so simply, or even at all.

And why does it have to be the mothers? There are crazy chicks out there. Don't get caught up in the rush.
Last edited by Alphanumeric on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Postby Daff » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

abakar

That is why I never liked hunting around the neighborhood :lol: if hooyo has never seen or heard about a certain xalimo, she can't have reasonable objection.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 pm

But the point you guys are missing is, why would a parent dictate what kind of a partner their grown-ass son or daughter chooses, as long as it has nothing to do with deen or some other major stuff? :|

Let's say, the partner this guy or girl wants to marry is someone with a good character, deen, a hard-worker, all the good characteristics one would want in a spouse but a mother or father opposes it for a trivial thing, what would you say? That's it, I am not gonna marry this person coz my parent is against it?

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

But the point you guys are missing is, why would a parent dictate what kind of a partner their grown-ass son or daughter chooses, as long as it has nothing to do with deen or some other major stuff? :|

Let's say, the partner this guy or girl wants to marry is someone with a good character, deen, a hard-worker, all the good characteristics one would want in a spouse but a mother or father opposes it for a trivial thing, what would you say? That's it then, I am not gonna marry this person coz my parent is against it?
Yeah, pretty much.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Let's say, the partner this guy or girl wants to marry is someone with a good character, deen, a hard-worker, all the good characteristics one would want in a spouse but a mother or father opposes it for a trivial thing, what would you say? That's it then, I am not gonna marry this person coz my parent is against it?
Depends on the "trivial thing".

"Good character, deen, blah blah" is meaningless when faced with real scenarios, and she turns out to be something far less admirable.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Abukar,

Sometimes believe it or not, theres a very good reason for it. They see red flags with the girl, and their son being a sucka.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.