Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

gabadha mise reerka?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: gabadha mise reerka?

Postby Twist » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 am

Brobaganda wrote:
Twist wrote:
I am sure we all know many examples of people whose mother refused them marry a certain guy or girl over a petty reason.

Aad iyo aad, qabiilba ha ugu horeeyee.

And by the way, brobaganda, which one of the recently "left" members are you? :MJ:

Wah?

Brobaganda
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Praying for world peace because the violence affects mothers and kids the most

Postby Brobaganda » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:47 am

:| Let's not derail the gentleman's thread you crazy man

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:50 am

:ufdup:

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 am

:ufdup: If she's asking me to choose btwn her and my mother then you know she's :ufdup:

She's def not worth it.

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:00 am

Allahayow iga ilaali a momma's boy :geek:

Colonel
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Colonel » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:08 am

Substance wrote:There is plenty chicks bro. But you only got one mom.

:wow:

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:58 am

oh abakar...... :roll: what a lousey lonely soul. :? :lol:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 am

Rightwing wrote:You need to draw a line between obeying your parents and your love. You parents have to aknowledge to respect your right to make choices.

sorry ader, i had to disagree with you. no lines drew at all , other than if they ask you do do what Allah forbid you. and there is wisdom behind it. your mom is your mom and also father, after Allah n prophet, they are second people have rights on you . i may undestand very well, education, career that they want you pursue but a woman? And worse a love? you even call your love! it could be your dooms what you call today your love.

there is crazy people out there that sound normal in cloth of angels. dont fall for it. parents in this dunya, they come first and for most.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:28 am

When I was single I never considered a guy who would oppose his mother to marry me. Nothing is worse than mean mother-in-law

My rule was: future husband must have mother who approves of me or a mother who is dead..

daiman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: My opinions are solely mine. They are generic not addressed to individuals

Postby daiman » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:17 am

Can you figure out why your mother is not so keen on the girl? does she know her or know her family? if that is the case, i would not go ahead with it. I am a woman and if my family have some dealings with the guy i want to marry, i would not go ahead with it.

there is nothing called love over the heels. calm down a bit. stay away from the lady for a month or so and figure out what is best for you in the long run. I know I am not the best person to advise on parental relationship as I miserably failed to please my mother but i am telling you this: it is something that can pain you every day every second. you can get depressed about it, so do along with your mother's feeling ( but also tell her that was unfair and that you let go the woman you loved).

but also pray salat istikhara. It is your best consultant. Believe me.

waryaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby waryaa » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:43 am

here's what happened a couple of years back. A guy fell in love with his highs school classmate and wanted to marry her. His mom said NO because the girl's mother hated the boy's tribe (D). The boy's mother (H) said the girl's mom (I) and her whole family (I) hate Ds and call them the fa word. She said I dnt want my son to marry from ppl who hated me for so long just because my kids were D :)

I and many others told him to ignore his mom's rejection and marry her. He initially agreed but they eventually broke up. He may be doing Zina now because of his mother's selfishness.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Twist wrote:
Alphanumeric wrote:Don't know how you got that from what I said. Besides, unless marriage spontaneously forms around my being, don't think I'd willing go for it.

I got from what the topic is about & your leaning towards mother's approval rather thing a guy/girl to make their own choice, awoowe.

And what do you exactly mean the second part of your statement? Mind to explain? By forming around your being, does that include parents having nothing to do with your choice as well, or it's more about you & your potential partner?

It's not just mother's approval, but also my sisters'.

And that last bit was a joke lol. Just meant it's not on the agenda.

Bro
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Bro » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:38 pm

As other likeminded people have already addressed, you only have one mom, whereas they are plenty women where she came from.

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Cherish your parents while you still can kiddo.

Negritude
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Negritude » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:59 pm

OK, here's a situation:

Your mother visits town to meet the woman you're serious with. This woman is your dream girl. Keep in mind that 'you' were previously married and have a 7 year old child. You're all reasonably agreeable people, however, your partner isn't particularly interested in children. You've always known this but from what you saw, she and your child got along relatively fine, and it wasn't a factor. You leave your child, mother and partner to bond while you run errands all day. Later that night, your mother reveals her belief that the woman isn't right for you, as she witnessed your girlfriend's short temper and cold manner toward her grandchild.

What would you do?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.