Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mogadishu Modern Development Projects [Pictures]

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Mogadishu Modern Development Projects [Pictures]

Postby hydrogen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Biggest childrens hosptial in East Africa
Turkey plans to build the largest children’s hospital in East Africa in the Somali capital of Mogadishu. The children’s hospital will be funded and constructed by the Yardım Eli aid association and will contain 100 beds. The complex in which the hospital will be located will also include an education center, a mosque and a guesthouse.
Another hospital courtesy of Turkey
Commissioned by Erdogan in Somalia, 200-bed hospital, residential, 40 classrooms, a nurse vocational schools, roads, mosques, market place, such as work started on the construction of basic facilities, TOKI, Turkey's bid for the hospital was to be built as a grant.

TOKI Bilkent center for the 9 companies participated in the tender.

Hospital in Somalia 17 single rooms, 34 rooms for 4 persons, 5 persons, a room for 3 people and will take place. Intensive care units, observation units, hospital beds, number of beds in wards with 200 beds will be.

Hospital clinics, inpatient, emergency department, imaging center laboratory, intensive care, maternity and operating units, kitchen, laundry, sterilization, and technical centers will morgue.
he Turkish vice prime minister also laid the foundation today the construction of a new terminal at Mogadishu airport. Around $150 million will be expended to upgrade Aden Adde international.. project including spacious departure and arrival hall..14 new gates with jetway bridges..upgrading runway and new tower for air traffic control.. New jet fuel depot. New power station in the airport and two new aircraft hangar.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Re: Mogadishu Modern Development Projects [Pictures]

Postby Tanker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh My God our Capital is going to be the most beautiful city in Africa :blessed: :whew: :dj:

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Oh My God our Capital is going to be the most beautiful city in Africa :blessed: :whew: :dj:
Yep, there are many chinese projects happening aswell but I can't get my hands on the concepts, no wonder Hassan sheikh smiles all the time. All these projects will be finished while he is still president.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Postby Tanker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Keep working :blessed: :dj:

mohnig23

Postby mohnig23 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 pm

I hope there is other projects for other cities around the country as well.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Yes, airports in other cities aswell, but nothing in the north, Mashallah.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:35 pm

if we unite every somali city will shine

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:42 pm

If we unite and Hargeisa is modernized we'll hear nothing but "We could of done it on our own" etc.

mohnig23

Postby mohnig23 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm

I know that Somalis have the ability to build but nothing competes with the beauty and urban planning of Mogadishu.
All the other cities have grown like crazy in the last 20 years but other than Garowe the rest have absolutely no urban planning that makes it appealing.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Who is going to guarantee the machetes-yielding Hutus aren't gonna destroy these again? One thing they are expert is destroying the same infrastructures that support them.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Who is going to guarantee the machetes-yielding Hutus aren't gonna destroy these again? One thing they are expert is destroying the same infrastructures that support them.
Hutus live in Rwanda :mindblown:

STARKAST
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby STARKAST » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Don't get me wrong i'm eternally grateful to the Turks for their 'help' in the Somali Crisis however as a Somali i am a eternally skeptic cynic....
Nothings free in this dark world.
Firstly the 'plans' are post modern and clash with the present Italian colonial architecture that is Classical among others - modernist. Also the Arabesque buildings in the old city would also feel odd being in proximity to this futuristic style...
However one shouldn't complain when help is at hand.
I just hope Xamar just doesn't turn into a unattractive city as happens in the past when development restarts.
The ottoman style is great however Somali identity should not be washed away in OUR capital.
I've got a great book about Italian colonial architecture that i'll share here soon.
Firstly stop using these names. Inshah'Allah when Sharia is implemented now or later or in the distant future, predators would be subdued for good and swiftly.
In my honest opinion Sharia ideally or if the secularists whine, rule of law should be valued more than anything else. Fear is a good thing.

OliveOil
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Postby OliveOil » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 am

Welcome to Somalinet! :lol:

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 am

Welcome to Somalinet! :lol:
LOL :lol: :lol:

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 am

Every city can not be as beautiful as the capital people has to be realistic

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.