Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I hate that Somalis are a Laangab ethnic group

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
21CenturyAmir

I hate that Somalis are a Laangab ethnic group

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Fri May 17, 2013 6:19 pm

The ever present controversy of somali ethnicity is rooted in somalis being a laangab nation. Indians are Indians because of their number and history so are the Chinese while the Vietnam is Asian and tries to curry favor and influence via the association of southeast nations mostly because it needs protection from China which it has being a sheegat to for over a millennium. America stands alone while puny France and Germany need the EU to projected power, to acts as a buffer between them, and as a deterrent against the Eastern menace the RUS. The somalis are even more handicapped because we didn't have a central state until the 20th century and we are still trying to resuscitate somalia in the 21th century. we are hobbled by our geography caught between two more powerful ethnic groups the bantus in the south and the Arabs in the north. we are in a weaker position vis-a-vis the other groups that even our ethnicity/race is contested and other feel the need to label/pigeon hole us as black, Arab, Ethiopic, Cushitic and Caucasian etc. etc. etc.

We will never get out of the Shadow of the Ethiopians, Arabs or the Bantu until we are over a 100 million. we can fuck up any african who messes with us, give the arabs the middle finger and finally gain acclaim and respect we rightly deserve.

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.

Re: I hate that Somalis are a Laangab ethnic group

Postby GeoSeven » Fri May 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Don't look at it from an ethnic perspective because it doesn't make sense. We have/had a state for more than half a century, earlier than even some other nations. Libya, Malaysia etc etc. Other nations who were not accustomed to central rule and where a state was only established after decolonization during the 20th century are stable and progressive. What have we to show for the statehood we gained?

We are sore losers on the international stage and it's nobody's fault except us. No shadows were cast on Somalia to force us to massacre each other for two decades and be devoid on any sense that might have put a stop to the lunacy, we made ourselves into an international joke, an opera house of waali.

We can fix it though, stay positive :up:

21CenturyAmir

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Fri May 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Don't look at it from an ethnic perspective because it doesn't make sense. We have/had a state for more than half a century, earlier than even some other nations. Libya, Malaysia etc etc. Other nations who were not accustomed to central rule and where a state was only established after decolonization during the 20th century are stable and progressive. What have we to show for the statehood we gained?

We are sore losers on the international stage and it's nobody's fault except us. No shadows were cast on Somalia to force us to massacre each other for two decades and be devoid on any sense that might have put a stop to the lunacy, we made ourselves into an international joke, an opera house of waali.

We can fix it though, stay positive :up:
half a century, you know we have been at war internal for over half that time. i don't know where the libya example comes from libya gains it independence after Italy was defeat in WW2 while somalia remain a trusteeship of the italians for another 10 years. while i agree with the sentiment of somalia destroying what little they had, i don't agree with the assumption that no shadow was cast over us. the government of somalia was oriented toward Africa from the 60s and 70s when we were dealing with small/poor african countries but most african countries are moving toward some sort of of regional integration like the EAC. Although it is weak, still it nice to have a walaal on the international stage. Somalia has neither Kin or ally among africans. and the Arabs even more so cast a greater shadow over us,we are like moths to a flame drawn to arab culture, history, and even their Ideologies. The arabs more so than African are able to easily draw us in, even though they are people without vision, ambition, they're fickle, and disloyal,incompetent and arrogant all at once yet we'll follow them like Lemmings right over a cliff.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:45 pm

There is no such thing as Somali ethnic group there is only a Somali language the Somali identity is a lose identity any one can become Somali aslong as he learns Somali language. By the way Somali speaking people are of different origins ancestries and have different genealogies. Political culture history cultures different folkore dances. Somalis are not as homogenous as many believe. No one knows the meaning of Somalinimo. some somalis feel closer to kenya some feel closer to ethiopia some feel closer to arabia. We also have different physiological make up different kind of history. For a Somali , just being Somali means little. Also they cannot cooperate Somalis cannot agree on anything , and they hate each other.

21CenturyAmir

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 pm

There is no such thing as Somali ethnic group there is only a Somali language the Somali identity is a lose identity any one can become Somali aslong as he learns Somali language. By the way Somali speaking people are of different origins ancestries and have different genealogies. Political culture history cultures different folkore dances. Somalis are not as homogenous as many believe. No one knows the meaning of Somalinimo. some somalis feel closer to kenya some feel closer to ethiopia some feel closer to arabia. We also have different physiological make up different kind of history. For a Somali , just being Somali means little. Also they cannot cooperate Somalis cannot agree on anything , and they hate each other.
so what you point, oromo is just a language anyone who speak oromo is oromo, Turkish is just a language you think all turks are related to each other yet they are bound by language and religion what other prerequisite do you need. somalis are one ethnic group, we are more homogenous than Ethiopians, Kenya or any other african country. is it really Somalia who hate each other or just you, i have indulge you rant long enough stop hijacking my thread and search for your Ictiraaf somewhere else. :lost:

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:04 pm

so what you point, oromo is just a language anyone who speak oromo is oromo, Turkish is just a language you think all turks are related to each other yet they are bound by language and religion what other prerequisite do you need. somalis are one ethnic group, we are more homogenous than Ethiopians, Kenya or any other african country. is it really Somalia who hate each other or just you, i have indulge you rant long enough stop hijacking my thread and search for your Ictiraaf somewhere else. :lost:

First of all Ethiopia is not an Ethnic group its a country and there are more than 80 nationalities in Ethiopia.
Oromo is a lose identity to they are not of the same origin to. Omo oromo have bantu admixture. Shewan oromo have amhara admixture same as wollo oromo and tulamo oromo are also amhara speaking oromos they have been amharaized. There are also oromozed Amharas in shewa Amhara in gojjam are of agaw ancestry , while raya oromos speak tigrinyaa. Oromos came from different ethnic origins some still speak pure afaan oromo but its a lose identity to thats why oromos will never really be politically united. Its a fake identity just like Somali. Than there is noolo Afraanqallo they claim harari ancestry or mixed with harar people some are also in diredawa. Somalis were never united will never be united Somalis hate each other , fear tactics ethiopia kenya will not unite Somali speaking people. we do not care about Ethiopia kenya angola germnay ukrain. The turks are also not one ethnic group the turks have slavish people in them bosnian people in them and many have azarbadjan blood many turks have that and some have Armenian blood. But turks are united because they are people will a long history of state structure Somalis are not like them Somalis are poor nomads who had no modern state before 1960 lool

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Sat May 18, 2013 4:00 am

First of all Ethiopia is not an Ethnic group its a country and there are more than 80 nationalities in Ethiopia.
Oromo is a lose identity to they are not of the same origin to. Omo oromo have bantu admixture. Shewan oromo have amhara admixture same as wollo oromo and tulamo oromo are also amhara speaking oromos they have been amharaized. There are also oromozed Amharas in shewa Amhara in gojjam are of agaw ancestry , while raya oromos speak tigrinyaa. Oromos came from different ethnic origins some still speak pure afaan oromo but its a lose identity to thats why oromos will never really be politically united. Its a fake identity just like Somali. Than there is noolo Afraanqallo they claim harari ancestry or mixed with harar people some are also in diredawa. Somalis were never united will never be united Somalis hate each other , fear tactics ethiopia kenya will not unite Somali speaking people. we do not care about Ethiopia kenya angola germnay ukrain. The turks are also not one ethnic group the turks have slavish people in them bosnian people in them and many have azarbadjan blood many turks have that and some have Armenian blood. But turks are united because they are people will a long history of state structure Somalis are not like them Somalis are poor nomads who had no modern state before 1960 lool

Please explain the text that is in bold...

21CenturyAmir

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 am

Please explain the text that is in bold...
St8OuttaDirree, ignore this fool, he believes that the somali ethnic groups is fake, and uses the oromo as another example of amalgamation of people who are only united by language to support/legitimize his secessionist enclave.

by the way do you have any information on the history of the Wello Oromo

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 am

Yes Somali ethnic group is fake its based on lies and a fake identity , i do not have legitimize anything just look at Somalia your country. We are not the same people just because we speak the same language doesn't make us the same. A daarood Somali or Ogaden considers a Somali Kenyan or a Somali Ethiopian his closest kin instead of Somalia.The tribal lineages there is some truth of it that Somalis came from different origns but some how came to associated themselves and formed the same language. But there is no united ethnic group. its a fake identity. Similar like oromo

Straight out of dire well the oromo migrated to Harar and mixed with the locals some claim to be harari of ancestry when they are not but are gallas from other parts of ethiopia. Harar people are mix of sheikhaal Somali Turkish Arab some ancient gurages and other ancient semitic speaking people.

See your hate for Somaliland is well noted so called Amir yet u want to tell us that we are the same people we are not the same you are a barbarian walanweyn, you have nothing to do with us.

21CenturyAmir

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 am

Yes Somali ethnic group is fake its based on lies and a fake identity , i do not have legitimize anything just look at Somalia your country. We are not the same people just because we speak the same language doesn't make us the same. A daarood Somali or Ogaden considers a Somali Kenyan or a Somali Ethiopian his closest kin instead of Somalia.The tribal lineages there is some truth of it that Somalis came from different origns but some how came to associated themselves and formed the same language. But there is no united ethnic group. its a fake identity. Similar like oromo

Straight out of dire well the oromo migrated to Harar and mixed with the locals some claim to be harari of ancestry when they are not but are gallas from other parts of ethiopia. Harar people are mix of sheikhaal Somali Turkish Arab some ancient gurages and other ancient semitic speaking people.

See your hate for Somaliland is well noted so called Amir yet u want to tell us that we are the same people we are not the same you are a barbarian walanweyn, you have nothing to do with us.
bitch please, my greate-grandmother was Habar Jeclo and my cousin is married to ishaq girl, i don't hate you people just people like you. of course, An ogaden feels for Kenyan and Ethiopian ogadeni, the're his people, just as a Hawiya feels for his Kin in Kenya and ethiopia, the same with the Dir and everyone else. your only luck that when the british draw the border 90% of ishaq land come under British Somaliland it was a fluke. like i said, if you don't believe we are the same people i'm not going to force it down you throat. you are another stupid Geeljiro because you believe you tribal enclave is a f-king eden, and i not interested in trying to disabuse of this notion. Somaliland are different race, their not somali, the world is flat, atlas hold up the world on his shoulder and the Bermuda triangle is gate why to another dimension. fuck this shit, you can crusade for Somaliland until you old and useless but at the end of the day, ictaraaf will not come because i am stand in your way. someone else is holding the string, why waste you time trying to convince somalis on Web go to pubs and seminars to western academics and politicians after all they decide for somalis not your enemy the Walanwayn. and Walanwayn is a f-king tuulo, you people need to come up with something original because you material is getting stale.

hargaysaay
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Best part about getting high having sex with you is geting high having sex with you part.

Postby hargaysaay » Sat May 18, 2013 8:13 am

some people are disposed to hypocrisy dont they

Gantaal05
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gantaal05 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 am

Can someone tell me why do people in third world countries like Somalia & co even bother to have children, while they can't even adequately feed themselves :mindblown:
Rapidly Increasing world population is growing problem because our planet and the natural resources it contains are not growing , more animals are declared extinct as people are farming their natural habitats

Stop this madness , feed yourselves first and STOP BREEDING LIKE RABBIT!!

21CenturyAmir

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Sat May 18, 2013 8:46 am

some people are disposed to hypocrisy dont they
well we are a nation of hypocrites

21CenturyAmir

Postby 21CenturyAmir » Sat May 18, 2013 8:51 am

Can someone tell me why do people in third world countries like Somalia & co even bother to have children, while they can't even adequately feed themselves :mindblown:
Rapidly Increasing world population is growing problem because our planet and the natural resources it contains are not growing , more animals are declared extinct as people are farming their natural habitats

Stop this madness , feed yourselves first and STOP BREEDING LIKE RABBIT!!
warya stop ranting like a bitch, if you so concern get you tubes tied. nothing on this planet is fair, American/Euro consume 3500 calories a day and a sub-shaharan african consume a third of that. one part of the world is gluttonize,while another starves, one is bone dry while another is inundated. what you point

Aliyyi Oromada
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Aliyyi Oromada » Sat May 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Nationhood really does require a strong leadership, with strong institutions to address those issues. I'll explain in a minute, but let me start out by saying Emperior's theory about Somali and Oromo ethnic origins are way off. It's not just a matter of speaking a language. There's also a common history and thousands of years of interaction and mixing. That's how ethnic groups are formed. It's never just a matter of 5-10 million people coming from the same father. That's the simplistic, fairy tale version of history. Nor is it about simply speaking a language and living in a certain place. There's a history, and heritage that goes with being from an ethnic group.

As far as developing a nation, the point I was making about having a strong leadership is that it takes a strong leadership to implement policies which can make that happen. For example Siad Barre settling nomads on the coast and helping to establish fishing villages, or farming villages, or urban settlement and urban planning. These are all things that develop and create an economy that can sustain a larger population.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.