Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Singapore

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Singapore

Postby Twist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:00 am

Meh! Some Thais/some Asians look like chicks in the first so ..... :Shrug:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 am

twist why did you go and ruin this thread..
pattaya is a hellhole, beaches are crap full of pickpockets, drug addicts and pushers, and 1/3 of this medium sized city is an open air whorehouse.
There are allot of other places mostly islands that are breathtakingly beautifull and worth going to,
but you can find the same quality in malaysia like langkawi with the plus side of it being family friendly and halal food available.
The beaches in philipines are much better but undeveloped and hard to get to, so unless you like adventure and isolation
with no tourists around you, its not your best bet.

misterioso
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby misterioso » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:18 am

From what I've read/heard, the #1 reason why most men go to Thailand is for sex. One Snetter has been known to brag about his sex adventures with the type of prostitutes WestLdnShawty mentioned; his username starts with g. Beats me why a Muslim would go to such a country.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:23 am

lol

Gurey, I didn't kill the thread but took a jibe at my Aussie mate, 1neman, and Wesldnshawty turned it on me.

Never been to any Asian (indho-yar) country (apart from half a day as a transit in Singapore airport) before and I think I have to visit the ones mentioned above (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand) some time in the near future.

Which ones have you been to and you recommend?

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:30 am

travelling between sydney and Dubai i always like to transit for a couple of days, which is why i got to see singapore, KL,Bkk
I also did a 3 week tour of asia back in 2008, spent most of it in Thailand and Japan, but got to briefly stop in philipines,and malaysia.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:34 am

I heard Japan is extremely expensive, is that true? And did you make your booking after you landed in Singapore to those other places you visited or you did everything down here before you flew?

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am

japan is no more expensive than dubai.
its a reputation it got back in the 80's when they were booming and spending like crazy.
after their economic slowdown 1990, they have had near zero interest rates and near zero inflation since then.
This means that they still have the crazy prices of the late 80's but the rest of the world has caught up and exceeded them so
to you and me especially you with your aussie dollar, japan would really be cheap.
in 2008 i stayed in a budget traditional hotel, for $26 dollars a day.
my transport costs were almost the same as my accomodation.
and japanese still love their luxury, so if want to you can pay $15,000 dollars a night for a hotel room too.

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:55 am

That sums it up well. :up:

Didn't have Japan in mind but others very likely.

I am just a dreamer, a lazy dreamer, as I hardly go on holidays (despite being single with all the chances of doing it) but whenever I decide it will be those Asian countries (Africa madoobey ha ii dambeysee).

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:23 am

The weird turn the thread almost took, guess Twist is living up to his name. Thanks to Gurey for saving it.

I tremendously enjoyed my time in Malaysia and Singapore, they are both buzzing with life; it seems as though people are living compare to the grim and somber lifestyle we gotten so used to out here in the West. Shops open at midday and everywhere is open until the late, very late night. People are all on the go, yet there this carefree slow paced in terms of laid backness about everyone with the little they have. Its like people haven't heard of the word stress out here. I was the only one who wasn't able to sit still while everyone else was like, dude slow down.

And the food, its crazy. Five times a day Aadan, fact that your in a Muslim country where everyone saying Salaams to u regardless of how secular it is was great; oh and the cheapness of goods was unbelievable.

Singapore is amazingly beautiful, clean calm and also very relaxed. You automatically feel very wealthy just being there. 95% of the people are well dressed, well off and everyone seems like a tourist so you easily fit in. Its such a small city that is very well built and maintained to a very high standard.

Oxidant
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxidant » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 am

Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Southern Thailand, Japan and South Korea is a must travel destination for me. Always been fascinated with Asians :up:

misterioso
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby misterioso » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Always been fascinated with Asians :up:
What's unique about them?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.