Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Macrobians aka ancient Somalis, cousins of the A. Egyptians

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Macrobians aka ancient Somalis, cousins of the A. Egyptians

Postby hydrogen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:28 pm

The Macrobians were an ancient people and kingdom positioned in the Horn of Africa during the 1st millennium BC.

The Macrobians are mentioned by Herodotus as being a people that had mastered longevity, with the average Macrobian living until the age of 120. They were said to be the "tallest and handsomest of all men".

This may suggest relations with the Sabeans (Sebaim), who are similarly described in the Bible as "men of stature". The Macrobians were part of an expanse of related peoples, kinsmen of the Ancient Egyptians, that inhabited an area stretching from East Africa northward into Egypt and North Africa. At the same time, they were reported as being physically distinct from the general inhabitants of the region below the Sahara.

James Rennell associates the Macrobians with the Abyssinians and Schweinfurth and Lejean link them with the Makaberab.

Upon conquering Ancient Egypt, the Persian Emperor Cambyses II sent ambassadors to Macrobia, bringing luxury gifts for the Macrobian King to entice his submission. The Macrobian ruler, who was elected based at least in part on stature, replied instead with a challenge for his Persian counterpart in the form of an unstrung bow: if the Persians could manage to string it, they would have the right to invade his country; but until then, they should thank the gods that the Macrobians never decided to invade their empire.

According to Herodotus, the Macrobians practiced an elaborate form of embalming. This, in turn, suggested a knowledge on their part of anatomy and, at the very least, a grasp of the basics of chemistry. The Macrobians preserved the bodies of the dead by first extracting moisture from the corpses, then overlaying the bodies with a type of plaster, and finally decorating the exterior in vivid colors in order to imitate the deceased as realistically as possible. They then placed the body in a hollow crystal pillar, which they kept in their homes for a period of about a year.

Macrobia was also noted for its gold, which was so plentiful that the Macrobians shackled their prisoners in golden chains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrobians

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Macrobians aka ancient Somalis, cousins of the A. Egypti

Postby DANGIRL » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I wonder how long before AA's start claiming macrobians as theirs like they do with AE?
Last edited by DANGIRL on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SiennaEarth » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 pm

I wonder how long i'll take before AA's start claiming macrobians as theirs like they do with AE?
:lol: :lol: :dead:

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 pm

I wonder how long i'll take before AA's start claiming macrobians as theirs like they do with AE?
Haha, that's what I was thinking I even googled "Macrobians ancient black people" to see if anything comes up :lol: :lol:

Although, it's not that big of a deal, it's good to have content for Somali history classes :lol:

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:10 pm

African Americans are inferior people i mean they were enslaved for to long they were kept as concubines, massa focks every cute black booty and in return they can wear clothes. These people have low self esteem. Why would any one want to claim fircoon lool :lol:

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 pm

ancient egyptians pointed to north somali lands as their land of origin and ancestry.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:06 pm

ancient egyptians pointed to north somali lands as their land of origin and ancestry.
What would be the point in joining a fight against whites and arabs and blacks lol

Bilis
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bilis » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:20 pm

According to the ancient Greek geographer Pausanias, the Macrobians lived along the Nile river, in a landlocked area. They inhabited Meroe, the capital of ancient Kush in northern Sudan. This is why their customs were so similar to those of the Ancient Egyptians:
"Pausanias (lib. iv.) says, that Meroe and the Ethiopian plains are inhabited by the Macrobians, the most just people of the earth: but that they have not in the country any sea, nor any other river but the Nile."

http://books.google.com/books?id=yG1BAA ... &q&f=false
In other words, the Macrobians and the Meroites were one and the same i.e. a Hamitic people like the Ancient Egyptians and ancestral Somalis.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:10 am

Fircoon himself is not someone I would be happy about being related to, but Ancient Egypt was a powerful, rich and advanced empire, hence why so many people claim them, I wouldn't be surprised if Chinese start claiming them too. :lol:

DonCorleone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Rehabilitated for my chaos ways... On the peace tip

Postby DonCorleone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:22 am

Blacks claim china Greece Europe and Africa lol

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:37 am

If AAs like to claim Ancient Egypt, then why is this thread about how somalis are supposedly related to the Ancient Egyptians? The truth is Somalis and Egypt have as much to do with eachother as Spain and Turkmenistan. Stop claiming other peoples heritage, especially when compared to Greece and Rome, the Egyptians paled in comparison.

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:46 am

^
And Greece and Rome paled in comparison to the Persians

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:06 am

^
What Persians, ancient or medieval?

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:08 am

^
Ancient

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 am

^
Ancient
After Xerxes I, the ancient Persians degenerated. Besides, the ancient Persians didn't bring anything new or impressive (except their superior system of networking) and largely just took over already existing cultural and administrative frameworks from Mesopotamia and the levant. The Muslim Persians however were religious, scientific and cultural geniuses.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.