Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Some Somalis believe Arab names,will get you to janah

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Why do Some Somalis believe Arab names,will get you to janah

Postby Khalid Ali » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 am

i always wondered why some Somalis believe if they change their names into an Arab name they will go straight to jannah why is Abu Quteyba or Abu Fahima more noble than Jamac Guleed Farax Qawdhan or raage. Remember the Pagan Arabs didn't change their name when they converted to islam or were forced to embrace islam, even the sahabas never changed their name when they converted to islam Umar didnt change his name Abu Ubaydah ibn al-Jarrah didnt change his name Anas ibn Malik, Hamza ibn abdulmutallib didn't change his name nor did bilal ibn rabah change his name Abu Hurairah didn't change his name Abu Sufyan ibn Harb didn't change his name. Nothing wrong with having the sahaba's names or call your children after the sahaba but an Arabic name kama fadli badna magac kale, Allah considers Jamac Farax the same as abu Xalima , aslong as they follow the right path of islam.
Last edited by Khalid Ali on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Re: Why do Some Somalis believe Arab names,will get you to j

Postby ZubeirAwal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:55 am

War niyo my abtirsi all the way to sheikh isaaq wa magac carabi,Lakin I understand what you mean, kuwa Abu laxoox to abu moos isla bixiyaan.

Meyle
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meyle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:56 am

Somalidu kalsooni baaney laheyn, waxaa ugu daran kuwa nicknameska la baxa sida abu hebel ama umu heblaayo

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ZubeirAwal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:59 am

The funniest nickname I've ever heard was this kid in jigjiga yar called midi laxoox, another kid who everyone was afraid of was called quraish :russ:

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:35 am

Is claiming to be descendants from Banu Hashim any different?

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 am

Not sure even if one claims to be from Arabia 2000 years ago that doesn't mean one should identify him self with the Arabs of today, its like saying the Persians should become Arabs or should denounce all their rich history pre islam, even them some of them have roots of the Sahabas .Mentally politically socially linguistically culturally they are not the same people. Even if one have roots some where else. They assimilated in their current community which formed their present identity.

The seeker there is no shame of having non Arabic names i have in my Abtirsi all sort of names from geele to xildiid to magan ,the point is if the early Muslim Arabs didnt change their name than surely my ancestors were right to keep their names and my ancestors were born Muslims

The seeker you to have normal non Arab names in your Abtirisi are you not reer gediid?

LeJusticier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: base of sufism. Imam Le Justicier ...Xerta Dareenka

Postby LeJusticier » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Can you imagine how many nephew and niece I have with names Rayaan and Hamsa. Some of my relatives are confused with name of Rayaan and gave it to their daughter.
Even somali money transfer companies :lol: :lol: Al mustaqbal, Altawakal, Al tawfiiq etc.

Easy way to apply the JANNAH

Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ismail87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Sowdiga maalin kasta snet ka khubadeeya ee dhaha Bani hashim baanu nahay :lol: waxay doonaan ha isu bixiyaan.

The funniest nickname I've ever heard was this kid in jigjiga yar called midi laxoox, another kid who everyone was afraid of was called quraish :russ:
The funniest one I've heard is shaydaan wiswisay :lol:

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Its easy to bring back the traditional names. If u lot have kiđs just name the dulmar or wacays and tell ur children to do the same once they have kiđs and so on.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ZubeirAwal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 pm

I am Khaalidow,gadiid wa magac arabi it means new :lol: besides that kuul can be considered somali, out of 22 names only two are somali
Last edited by ZubeirAwal on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Omg, Thug was right :snoop: We are relatives :snoop:

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ZubeirAwal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Who are you referring to?

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:30 pm

But arent you Hashimite Arab so what is this somali u are talking about and why are u disassociating yourself from language of arabs?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 pm

" As for a kunyah, if it is good, it can have an effect on an individual. It also serves as an honor to the one holding it. A poet once said: 'I use his kunya when calling him in order to honor him, and I don't use his laqab (ascription) since that is shameful.'
A kunyah is an appellation that is preceded by either an Abu or an Umm, such as Abu so and so or Umm so and so. A laqab (i.e. nickname) is a term by which one comes to understand a specific description about a person. In most cases, it is used for negative reasons so this is why a kunyah is considered an honorable appellation even for a child.
The prophet (s) referred to Abu Umair by his kunya even when he was young, as he (s) would joke with him saying: 'O Abu Umair, what happened to the nughair?' (al Bukhari).
Umar bin Al Khattab (r) said: "Hasten to give kunyahs to your children before bad nicknames are given to them" (Al-Adaab-Ush-Shar'iyyah of Ibn Muflih (1/480))"

-Taken from "Raising Children in the Light of the Quran and Sunnah" by Abdus-Salam bin'Abdullah As-Sulayman

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ZubeirAwal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 pm

What honour will it give you today, besides being called a irhaabi.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.