Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inheritance wealth sharing issues (HELP PLEASE)

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BuuloXubeey
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Inheritance wealth sharing issues (HELP PLEASE)

Postby BuuloXubeey » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:35 pm

My late grandfather has had many lands (farming) and properties and four of my uncles whom have all passed away some during the civil war others before it. We have a large extended family all over the world from the States to Italy all the way to Kenya. Now two of my uncle's wife have remarried and they both don't hail from the same clan us. Now both these women have given my uncles properties only (not the lands) to their husbands. Their kids (my cousins) mostly girls have been given the remaining lands and none of the properties. Now I will be leaving Mogadishu soon, and meeting with my half siblings to sort our grandfather's inheritance, we already solved it with my own siblings and 13 of our grandfathers grandkids (my own siblings and cousins). The problem is that my half-siblings whom are (2 guys and a girl) are also related to the the two guys that my uncle's wives have remarried are trying to get their hands on my 2 uncle's properties through these guys, though these guys have nothing to do with the properties, their wives just gave it to them, though they not even allowed to give. Now my cousins (children of the two women that re-married) are having none of it. I just don't understand these women, why the hell are going against their own children.

(I know it is weird that my grandfathers inheritance is being split by his grandchildren and not his own children, but his children only 4 are alive and they have already split some of his inheritance and they decided the remaining for their children).

These inheritance problems is increasing heavily in Somalia. Specially the state Somalia is in (poor justice). Also the shear arrogance of squatters claiming the properties/land is another problem.

Allah Allah :(

Rockstar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Inheritance wealth sharing issues (HELP PLEASE)

Postby Rockstar » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Give it all back.

LightAtNight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LightAtNight » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Sxb think very carefully about this inheritance, do wide spread consultation within the family and make sure you do not consume any haram. Sharciga diinta Islamka halaraaco in dividing up things.

InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InaSamaale » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Your uncles wives need to get out of the picture, draw them a family tree if need be. Inheritance laws is truly a mind-boggling science in theory for us lay persons, forget applying it. Consult a trustworthy Sheikh. :up:

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Postby Nomand » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:17 pm

inheritance needs to be split among the children of your grandfather not his grandchildern.

inheritance goes to the children that lived when your grandfather passed away. anyway consult a sheikh

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.

Postby GeoSeven » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Whatever the end result, just remember to stay dignified and try to retain your families respect by being one of those who compromises if needs be. Dude, just take your fair share and avoid the dramatics at all cost. Inheritance creates some fucked up family tension because of some greedy fucks.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:24 am

My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago and passed away 3 years ago pretty quickly. He wrote out a will to his children and even his nieces and nephews.

Now, one set of my dad's cousins are trying to do some revisionist history for the splitting of one property when my awoowe's handwriting on an original document is contrary to their claims.

And they put one of their own siblings in a jail in Mogadishu. :wtf: cause they thought he was too close to my dad and wasn't working to get what they think is rightly there's. Bull shid.

I swear man, this stuff is ugly. On my reer Abti side, my ayeeyo consented via video she wanted to sell her house and my abti sold it and now one of my cousins on that side is trying to put a hit out on her own uncle :snoop:

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Postby Daff » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 am

Fah
I thought 'R' was the only one left bck home from that side of fam. did 'R' put someone in jail? :snoop:

to OP
Find a good Sheikh that specializes inheritance law. Watch ur back if things go bad.

abdifrank

Postby abdifrank » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:17 am

a wife is entitled to her share ( if she has kids it is exactly 1/8 of all the wealth) and she may do what she wills with it.

Just as a mention, a few years ago, i to have encountered the inheritance drama. People became ugly. They slandered and insulted. And in the end, i took my share and walked away and have not spoken to a single half siblings since. Some are still sleeping in my house, using my farm, but inshallah, by being strategic and pragmatic - in a few years my wife and i will walk in with our papers and claim what is rightfully ours. Marry wisely and just take what they give you at that time!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.