Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How far did you get in football?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbtiiDoon
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

How far did you get in football?

Postby AbtiiDoon » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 pm

would say sport but i dont care about you yanks and your basketball shit.

so how far you get? and also you still kick ball on the regular or you find no time for it no more?

i used to play for some unknown team in kilburn since i was 10 then 1 day i met some foreign guy on the bus who said that he was a scout for chelsea and should come to goal. so i went and the guy wasnt even there and no one from chelsea was there. so i done the trial and i got approached by crystal palace and qpr. so really a no brainer my mum wasnt gonna let me go to se london on weekday nights at 12 and no one would of taken me there anyway. played for qpr for 2 years until u16s. dropped out. didnt really enjoy it as it was too strict.

enjoyed my best football in nairobi. playing every other day. winning money and daily fights. i even broke my hand and broke a guys arm not in a fight but a barge as he was running full speed and shuluq uu ahay cml nh. my legs, thighs, forearms and arse are fucked n/h. every once in a while someone would be drugged up playing lol. technically africa>>>>>>>>>europe.

always been a 6 cm/dm btw.

so tell your story. there must be some of you who got to a decent level.

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: How far did you get in football?

Postby Marques » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Playedand loved football like any other kid since childhood...wouldnt say I'm special though, I played for my school team as a right wing till I hit year 11...dislocated my knee in a bathroom accident; haven't been the same since. Now I play with a few other Faaraxs on weekend nights only...its been hard to accept it but football is only recreation for me now, ofcourse it was a dream many years ago..

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

I used to manage a football team. I was fairly successful at that time. I won the league with nott forest, bringing them up from the old division one. I was only 16 at the time. My computer crashed half way through the sixth season when nott forest were playing in the champ league.

Reacher
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Reacher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:51 pm

I haven't joined a professional team but always did well with the local groups I played with. Some of the happiest childhood memories I have were victories I was responsible for. It stays with you forever. We talked about soccer, planned for it every night, felt offended if one of us was left out of a game. Bonds were formed and broken based on football games. You befriended with the best players in your neighborhood since they were like celebrities. And people befriended you likewise. Some far living groups would come visit your area after they hear how good you play. They invite you to their games. I scoffed at the celebrities and gave them real pain on the field. Being Lefty helps a lot. Sweet old days man. I remember one tournament we had that composed of ten teams. We won that tournament and I scored the last minute Goal. Even my father(May allah have mercy on him) heard about it and congratulated me on the Goal. He asked me jokingly how much money I made :up: One of the best childhood memories. Football was big, the true passion kids in my xaafad had. We played after dark when Dugsi was over, that is how much we loved soccer. Both with shoes and on solid ground, and without shoes on the sand dunes of Xamar, I was good at soccer.

I usually ask guys to kick the ball over when I am walking by groups who play soccer, even during my travels in foreign countries. I pick it up and do some impressive quick moves and they ask "are you professional player?", The answer is always "No", it is my passion.

Colonel
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Colonel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:10 pm

I used to manage a football team. I was fairly successful at that time. I won the league with nott forest, bringing them up from the old division one. I was only 16 at the time. My computer crashed half way through the sixth season when nott forest were playing in the champ league.
:lol: :lol:

Most underrated poster.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 pm

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ismail87 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Not far, I play twice a week with my old uni mates. Back in school, I was the captain of my school team and we won the league twice. I have always played as a CM/DM/CB though, too lanky to play anywhere else. :meles:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Based
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Based » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm

:lol: :up:

Leandro Damiao single handedly won me the PL, CL, CWC.

:blessed:

quark
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby quark » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:10 pm

:pac:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.