Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Survey on how Muslims think women should dress

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

Preference

Burka
9%
Niqab
9%
Chador/Jilbaab
9%
Al-Amira
30%
Hijab
30%
None
13%

Total votes: 23

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Out of my mind somewhere...always somewhere, never an exact location.

Survey on how Muslims think women should dress

Postby GeoSeven » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:40 pm

The survey was conducted across seven countries - Tunisia, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey - which all have a majority Muslim population.
And the research from the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research found that most residents in these countries prefer women to cover their hair with a traditional hijab, al-Amira or head scarf rather than cover their entire face with a full burqa or niqab.
But a new study has now revealed what the citizens of different Muslim countries believe is appropriate female dress - and how widely views differ between them

I'm extending the survey to Somalis, have a look at the chart and cast your vote in the poll :up:

Full Article

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Survey on how Muslims think women should dress

Postby BlackVelvet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Why is her food showing under "Hijab"?

And I think there is an option missing "A woman should dress however way she wants to dress, therefore this poll is stupid and insulting"

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GeoSeven » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Maybe it's mirroring the widespread loose definition of a hijab....I don't know :notsure:

Hey, I didn't make this survey :Shrug:

SANDIEGUY
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SANDIEGUY » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:04 pm

I believe that a woman should dress how Allah swt wants her to dress. Nothing more and nothing less :up:

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GeoSeven » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:15 pm

I believe that a woman should dress how Allah swt wants her to dress. Nothing more and nothing less :up:
Fair enough. Now, I'm fairly certain one of those options fits the criteria of what you or anybody else deems as being how Allah wants a female to dress, so vote :up:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:24 pm

And I think there is an option missing "A woman should dress however way she wants to dress, therefore this poll is stupid and insulting"
You should follow this hashtag on twitter: #LifeOfAMuslimFeminist

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:29 pm

teach them young about islam and once iman enters their heart, you don't need them to tell them what to wear. i remember my sister 13 years old cane down stairs one morning, telling my mom she wants to wear niqab today, she had my mom's niqab i. her hand! my mom told her, no you dont have to wear. she got upset and said, why every one discouraging her, " papa also told me do not wear".

i told her to wear it but isnt fashion statement. build their iman and islamic education, they choose what goes according what their iman level.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Because women are subject to the will of the society she is in. Also, the food shows in the "hijabi" cuz that is how pakis, indis, iranians and all the countries around there wear it.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:52 pm

No Muslim women should dress how allah told them to dress.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:54 pm

This is a useless poll! The way muslim women should dress is not up for a debate. It's been determined already. Pick up the quran.

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm

No Muslim women should dress how allah told them to dress.
The importance of a full stop/period.

GeoSeven
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GeoSeven » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:33 pm

This is a useless poll! The way muslim women should dress is not up for a debate. It's been determined already. Pick up the quran.
:whoa: easy with the sensationalism...there is no debate; it's only a poll, a record of opinion . There's multiple options in line with the decreed Islamic dress code, cast your vote :up:

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 pm

lol@ Tuushi

women are subject to the will of the society
It's not just women, we are all under the thumb of society's intrusive dictatorship, some cases more extreme than others.

You should follow this hashtag on twitter: #LifeOfAMuslimFeminist
Sounds interesting

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:54 pm

But women are more so than men, they are judged harsher when they diverge from the mainstream and it is harder for them to return aswell.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby metamorphosis » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:05 pm

:whoa: easy with the sensationalism...there is no debate; it's only a poll, a record of opinion . There's multiple options in line with the decreed Islamic dress code, cast your vote :up:
Waryaa iga aamus!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.