Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black is not a real ethnic group FFS

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Jugjugwacwac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Black is not a real ethnic group FFS

Postby Jugjugwacwac » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:50 pm

SMH@warabaha. Waxaas oo miidhan baa isaaq nala sheeganaya.

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm neither white nor arab so I don't give a shit about them. I take offense to being designated a colour ( which isn't even correct since I'm brown not black) instead of my actual race, a Somali African. Btw why do pakis and hindis get special mdntion but Africa is a just one colour? Why not just allow the person to write down their ethnicity themselves instead of listing some arbitrary ethnicities?
You are right and some institutions are catching on,

Somalis are a very unique ethnic group, from a mile away you are likely to spot 3 things about someone, wether they are male or female, black or white, and if black wether somali or not

What is unique about Somalis?

Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Chinaman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm

What is unique about Somalis?
Everything. Those of us that are pure Somali genetically are the most purest descendants of the neolithic migrants to the horn. We haven't changed or admixed much with anyone else since our ancestors left Southern Egypt/Northern Sudan during the neolithic.

By the way, I'm sharing my genetic results and have compared and contrasted with a number of people. According to it I'm more closer genetically to Algerians than to SE Bantus lol I guess it makes sense (Since we're both Afro-Asiatic speakers)

Anyway we are a unique people and if Indians are their own racial group then so are we as well :stylin:

As far as I know you aren't even an ethnic Somali, right?

NoAngst.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NoAngst. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 am

Chinament, where have you shared your genetic results? And what haplotypes do you carry? Algerian is not an ethnicity so I'm curious what you share similarity with a country. Please elucidate.

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:18 am

Fyi: you're Somali? You're black. No matter how much you suffer from selfhatus negriticus.

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:42 am

-

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:51 am

Please specify your ethnic background

Asian - Indian
Asian - Bengali
Asian - Pakistani
Asian - Chinese
Asian - Arab
White - British
White - Irish
White - other
Black - Afro-caribbean
Black - African

:wtf: :snoop:
My ethnic background is not in that list so why not at least add....Others ..then specify.

Somali...African!

Asian - Indian
Asian - Bengali
Asian - Pakistani
Asian - Chinese
Asian - Arab
Why isn't there a color/s for the ASIAN group above?

eth·nic/ity
adj.
a. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.
b. Being a member of a particular ethnic group, especially belonging to a national group by heritage or culture but residing outside its national boundaries: ethnic Hungarians living in northern Serbia.
2. Relating to a people not Christian or Jewish.
n.
A member of a particular ethnic group, especially one who maintains the language or customs of the group.

As far as am concerned the term ETHNIC or ETHNICITY has nothing to do with color.

GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:36 am

We're Somali - Africans.
Africa is one of the most diverse place on Earth.
I don't see myself as a colour.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:37 am

Fyi: you're Somali? You're black. No matter how much you suffer from selfhatus negriticus.

Says the loser cabiid cagdheer who names himself after his masters. Self-hating is letting other people define who you are.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:44 am

Says the loser cabiid cagdheer who names himself after his masters. Self-hating is letting other people define who you are.
nin la haysto muxuu ku sheegi?

dee waxba
waxba dhe

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.