Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young Somalis are not marrying Somali girls: Success?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Young Somalis are not marrying Somali girls: Success?

Postby AbdiJohnson » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:14 am

I know more Somalis (24-35) who married ajnabis than Somalis. In fact, I dont know of any young Somalis who married within the community in the city. This is especially with the case of Somali guys. Their choices include: Vietnamese, Aboriginal, White. Most of the time they haven't even converted them or taught them Somali culture and whatnot. But their marriages are rock solid

Do young Somali guys experience longer and happier marriages when married to foreigners? And why do you think they are not marrying the Somali sisters?

I am,

Abdi "Is it because Somali girls give headaches?" Johnson

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Re: Young Somalis are not marrying Somali girls: Success?

Postby Adali » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:34 am

I know more Somalis (24-35) who married ajnabis than Somalis. In fact, I dont know of any young Somalis who married within the community in the city. This is especially with the case of Somali guys. Their choices include: Vietnamese, Aboriginal, White. Most of the time they haven't even converted them or taught them Somali culture and whatnot. But their marriages are rock solid

Do young Somali guys experience longer and happier marriages when married to foreigners? And why do you think they are not marrying the Somali sisters?

I am,

Thailand and Laos etc, these girls will devote themselves to you and the family 100% they are so obedient and adorable, the more I flirt and date with girls from South East Asia the more they confirm the positive stereotypes.

Also east asians like Japan and Korea are great, but I just find them more skinny and flat bottom, which is not attractive.

I might marry asian girl in a second life. :lol:

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:14 am

Dealing with ajnebi chicks for now is fine but I would never marry an ajnebi chick. I would never let a shisheeye carry my children.

In the end, I'm going to aroos a Somali girl.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 am

Marrying ajnabi has one advantage wich is closing one of the two social doors that you would encounter when you marry a somali

You can save or make more money, have less social/family problems

Most of the other ethnicities unlike of somalis don't involve their lives with the related married couples

I would like to marry a somali female from a respected family(deen or wealth wise) generally or a relative female from families I that I know them

If I have to go for ajnabi it has to be be like sudanese or moritanian female aka afro-arabs.

dough

Postby dough » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Non-Somali girls are more tolerable in general, Somali girls in the diaspora are quite annoying nowadays...

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:23 pm

I am,

I wonder muxu u jeeda?

basenbeats

Postby basenbeats » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:27 pm

WOW!! its the end of the world when men talk like women and vice versa. Get a degree, start a business and build an empire so you can provide
for your family and leave a legacy behind.

Subhanalah!!

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:40 pm

I think one of the keys to successful marriage (especially in long term) is good communication, culture and religion are big factors. If one spouse is Muslim its more smooth ride because religion is a platform to building a home and family. Culture will always be a barrier, but again if the two are born in the same country they will be able to easier understand one other.
I think both would put greater dedication and effort into marriage if they had different backgrounds; somali couples get divorced for almost nothing these days.
I would say somalis born in the west have a hard time looking for a couple is because a lack of interaction with the other sex; there are no clubs the two can meet each other because somalis frown upon it. In college the religious (or semi religious) somalis make very little attempt to socially find a girl and their is almost a feigned hostility between the two sexes in this group. For women getting married through the mosque is a safety net.

vikingman
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby vikingman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:58 pm

its a combination of success and integration, the only men who like somali women around here are freshies, we live in the west better sights 8-) 8-)

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm

You are from Ottawa right? Do you mean to say young Djiboutian when you say young Somalis?

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:39 pm

You are from Ottawa right? Do you mean to say young Djiboutian when you say young Somalis?
Djiboutis have more dhaqan. They marry Somalis more than the Somalia ones. Do you know the Djibouti kids can all speak Somali while the Somalia ones cant? Its something I noticed

But I'm referring to all Somalis

I am,

Abdi "What is said about Djiboutians are myths" Johnson

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Might sound silly but I have a real knack for white girls..I'm not talking about London chavs with their shitty teeth but girls from other regions. I met a beautiful and pretty girl from Southern England, she was so sophisticated, humorous and cordial, best of all never enjoyed a lips so much :lawd:

I am,

Mar "they do it better than other girls" ques

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 pm

In the last 2-3 years we have had over 2,000 Djiboutians move into the city I live in and from what I have seen you could not be further from the truth. They date and marry anyone who speaks French like the Congolese and Rwandese we have here.

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 pm

never enjoyed a lips so much
bouche a bouche waa haram waryaa.

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Lol @ aboriginal. When I was young, we had a Djiboutian neighbour who married an Inuit lady. The irony was that he was the one that was drunk 24/7, while she was normal, so much for stereotypes :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.