Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sending money to irresponsible relatives back home

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Sending money to irresponsible relatives back home

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Sure. Teach me how to speak in different dialects at the same time

I am.

Abdi "Writing and reading is not necessary" Johnson

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:17 pm

I'm not even there yet lol

cashmere

Postby cashmere » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Come up with a more plausible story, having 29 kids is too far fetched, yet alone at doing that at age 28.

I would encourage every Somali to cease money transfers to Somalia altogether. People are not just reliant on it, but they are dependent on it. We are propping up and creating serious market distortions in the the country's economy with these huge influx of hard currency that no one in the country has actually earned. By providing more resources to the country than they can actually produce, people just keep on making more babies, without any real increase in productivity of the people. Then even more money would need to be sent in the future to keep those new babies alive. I believe 100% this is why the situation in Somalia hasn't improved in 20 years, people just aren't feeling desperate enough to come to terms with each other and settle political disputes, for the sake of their own survival. Because most people in the country have overseas relatives who can send them money here and there.

Seriously, if it isn't your parents or immediate siblings, just f*ck em. There is no reason why they should rely on you for their survival. If enough people do this, watch and see the situation in Somalia drastically improve (over time). People who can't survive on their own shouldn't live, I'm sorry but that's just how nature works. If the people of Somalia are made to face a real threat of extinction, the people will come up with new innovative ways to survive (i.e get a job) and sitting and chewing all day just won't be viable anymore.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Its a real relative and the numbers are correct and the issue is true. Just didnt want the usual bitches to cling on my nuts and derail the thread with their "have some shame" crap

I believe in giving people opportunities. But if they dont take them you are right they should starve

I am,

Abdi "Let nature run its course" Johnson

Julkimi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalinet boycott by Puntites in effect 12/24/14. GB,Quark, Righteous I will miss you my brothers.

Postby Julkimi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Abdi are you going to fast tomorrow insha'Allah?

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Yeah i gained some weight from all the summer BBQ. I can lose the few pounds

Jokes aside, its nice to observe and participate in other people's religious events and cultures so yes I will

I am,

Abdi "I like the sambusas" Johnson

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Somalia is one of the few places where even the extreme poor are lazy.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:27 pm

All they care about is their goats and camels and walking with them. Any effort in doing work and you are called a midgan

I am,

Abdi "The minorities are hard workers" Johnson

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:14 am

there are some extreme hard workers, I've seen old guys pull heavy load carts on pothole roads for hours, the muscles they have is incredible, they sweat like mad, I felt sorry for them, some guys are pulling donkeys, it's sad. Instead of charity money going to bags of rice if it went to these guys and they could buy a small van their lives would improve so much and they would probably be able to pay back

gulaid111
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby gulaid111 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 am

We desperately need a condom factory.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.