Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do white people see me as black.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Do white people see me as black.

Postby Gabre » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:45 am

Proud African American here :up:

Soomaali maxamadey ilaahiin ka cabsada, adoo dhuxul ah see isku yeereesaa Caucasian. Bilaahi caleekum ciyaarta masaajidka ka dhaafa.

iandi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby iandi » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

It just hit me that I'm actually black.. It doesn't matter if I'm prettier than the African American women but to the white man's eyes I am actually black.. I feel sick to my stomach.. Although the black folks see me as exotical, but that doesn't matter. I was filling out a form today, they didn't have the Nubian majerteen princess option, all they had was Caucasian which I am not, Asian again no, Native American- Latina, and Black.. My heart sunk..

Fahh how do you cope with being an African American living in D.C?
Oh man! Haaaaahahahahahahahhahaha!

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Ofcourse we are black, that's what all other's think of you. Except black people lol I'm always in a debate with black American's saying we aint black. Nigga ofcourse I'm black African. :up:

SonofANomad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby SonofANomad » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Somalis are simply somali!

but that girl was really trolling! loool!

MrSalih
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby MrSalih » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Waryaa aflagaadada dhaaf. Our Armenian Godess motivates blacks to aim higher,
that is why we are sending 40,000 sexy Armenian girls to Somalia to persuade these niggers to stop fighting and make love to them.
They will bring a new make love to busty queens revolution to Somalia. Here you are comparing these angels to a Somali chick from a housing project called Riverside in Minnesota. Ina adeer, repent.

:dead:

Signed Salih...

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:07 pm

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Proud African American here :up:

Soomaali maxamadey ilaahiin ka cabsada, adoo dhuxul ah see isku yeereesaa Caucasian. Bilaahi caleekum ciyaarta masaajidka ka dhaafa.
:lol: :lol: :up: :up: walaahi waa runtaa..

Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sophisticate » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Waryaa aflagaadada dhaaf. Our Armenian Godess motivates blacks to aim higher,
that is why we are sending 40,000 sexy Armenian girls to Somalia to persuade these niggers to stop fighting and make love to them.
They will bring a new make love to busty queens revolution to Somalia. Here you are comparing these angels to a Somali chick from a housing project called Riverside in Minnesota. Ina adeer, repent.

:dead:

Signed Salih...

Congrats are in order for your hair ball.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Black refers to your skin color so if you are dark skin check the black box. If you are light skin check the other box or simply refuse to disclose your ethnicity if it bothers you that much.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:26 pm

If black referred to skin colour then Sri Lankans would have been concidered black.
-
-
-

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Idman702 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Omg why would anyone bring this up. I don't know if I should laugh or be embarrassed. I will just "lol"

TheCadaanGuy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby TheCadaanGuy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:42 pm

We're neither blacks nor arabs. We're cushites. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool who has heard so many lies that even he repeats it himself.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:01 am

When i arrived here, someone was helping me filled out a form and they asked what my ethnic race is :( and I said "Madawga Wanaagsan" because I didn't want to be associated with the Blacks in America;I had negative preconception of African Americans. I thought I had Caucasian features to be classified black until I got pulled over by a cop and ticketed, gues what my ticket read, AA. Caaac ciil badanaa. Now I have learn to accept to check Black on paperwork

But having certain features shouldn't make you feel anything. Personally there is no such thing as black as it is the most diverse "race". A black from Somalia and from Jumaica have nothing in common, therefore it is silly to say we are the same.

iandi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby iandi » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:30 pm

When i arrived here, someone was helping me filled out a form and they asked what my ethnic race is :( and I said "Madawga Wanaagsan" because I didn't want to be associated with the Blacks in America;I had negative preconception of African Americans. I thought I had Caucasian features to be classified black until I got pulled over by a cop and ticketed, gues what my ticket read, AA. Caaac ciil badanaa. Now I have learn to accept to check Black on paperwork

But having certain features shouldn't make you feel anything. Personally there is no such thing as black as it is the most diverse "race". A black from Somalia and from Jumaica have nothing in common, therefore it is silly to say we are the same.
You're damnnnn right bout the bolded.

Black people in the west have enough problems....the somali new arrivals bring a whole different cadre of problems of their own so I would think its a mutual asperation that blacks in the west would be ok if somalis were considered just "somali" or "arab" or whatever works for them.

The problem i see is when it is taken to the additional level of actually hating an entire group just because they are different. That puts takes it from a level of understandable identity issues to sheer stupidity.

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:05 pm

It just hit me that I'm actually black.. It doesn't matter if I'm prettier than the African American women but to the white man's eyes I am actually black.. I feel sick to my stomach..
How did I miss this thread :damn: :mindblown: Image

God bless you for bringing me the funniest shit I read in a long time :dead:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.