Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hobyo belongs too .....

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
jamal9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Hobyo belongs too .....

Postby jamal9 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 pm

.... Initially, Kenadid's goal was to seize control of the neighboring Majeerteen Sultanate (Migiurtinia), which was then ruled by his cousin Boqor Osman Mahamuud. However, he was unsuccessful in this endeavor, and was eventually forced into exile in Yemen. A decade later, in the 1870s, Kenadid returned from the Arabian Peninsula with a band of Hadhrami musketeers and a group of devoted lieutenants. With their assistance, he managed to overpower the local Hawiye clans and establish the kingdom of Hobyo. ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuf_Ali_Kenadid

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Hobyo belongs too .....

Postby Caesar » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:15 am

I've noticed coastal people are mixed. Overpower the local hawiye clans? So they had Hobyo?? Aight

But who knows , clans move around all the time, ownership of a port changes all the time really

also

What does Hobyo mean anyways

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 am

It's majority Saleeban, Sacad, Ceyr. But above all, it belongs to all Somalis and those who live in it.

Hobyo = Hoo Biyaha. Has the most fresh water in all of Somalia.

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 am

thanks for the explanation :up:

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:48 am

It's 'spose to be Hoo Biyo (Hoobiyo) but with everything else, they changed to Hobyo.

libaaxyare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby libaaxyare » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 am

Hobyo lays in the heart of the Saleebaan Obokor subclan clan and the sity it self Saleebaan obokor Ar Waaq clan.

Start from Xarardheere to 150 km of North of km hobyo is the land of the Saleebaan Obokor clan. they the ones who bring Milk, casws, meat to the city since time. they are like the abgaal of Mogadishu.

The city it self Saleeban Obokor clan share with the Sacad Ayaanle subclan, the Sacad ayaanle subclan live from 150 KM north of Hobyo after the Saleebaan Deegan to Garacad in the coast.

Caming back to Hobyo City it self is shared Sacad and Saleebaan, and if you get out of the city all the Geel jire, ari jire, ido jire you see on your way to north, South, west, and east and all sounding towns are own by Saleebaan Obokor clan then North and west North you will get to Ayaanle Sacad follow by Hilowle.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:07 am

LoL Garacad is a Saleeban city? Idiot. It's 50% Sacad and the rest MJ, Leelkase, and Siwaaqroon.

Jariiban is mostly Saleeban though I think. But I am not too sure.

libaaxyare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby libaaxyare » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:57 am

LoL Garacad is a Saleeban city? Idiot. It's 50% Sacad and the rest MJ, Leelkase, and Siwaaqroon.

Don't you read? Saleebaan have no border with MJ.
here is what I said " Sacad ayaanle subclan live from 150 KM north of Hobyo after the Saleebaan Deegan to Garacad in the coast"
which means after 150 km North of hobyo when you finish the Saleebaan deegaan , you will enter Sacad deegaan and from there til you reach Garacad. Garacad is shared city Sacad and MJ, Jariibaan is also Sacad. This makes the Entire Mudug HG land some people where arguing with me the other day.
Last edited by libaaxyare on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 am

Hoobyo is hg Deegan since the 18th century

libaaxyare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby libaaxyare » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:05 am

Hoobyo is hg Deegan since the 18th century
Enite Mudug is HG deegaan, from South Xarardheere to North Garacad.

HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HooBariiska » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 am

OK. Salabeen sacad iyo ayaanle ciday yihiin Ayaan wali layga dhaadhicin

libaaxyare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby libaaxyare » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:14 am

@ hoobariiska.

Habargidir have four main sub clans and Sacad and Saleebaan are two of those of the four HG. so what I talk about Sacad Saleebaan = HG subclans.
Sacad
Saleebaan
Ceyr
Saruur.

you can also add Duduble since Duduble is always included HD having said that Duduble is adeerka " the unle" of HG iyo Abgaal.

Casanova25
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Casanova25 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:15 am

The funny thing is the MJ boast themselves with this war.. Italians and yemenis were fighting against Sacad iyo Saleeban for Hobyoo... Bc Keenadid gave tribute to the Italians.. that is considered Cowardice according to the pride somalis

Him and the other Mj guy Osman who dead in a italian jail give himself to them as well.. but yet again label the Isaaq the children of the british (saying the they are cowards) Hypocrisy at its finest...

quark
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby quark » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:03 am

Don't you read? Saleebaan have no border with MJ.
here is what I said " Sacad ayaanle subclan live from 150 KM north of Hobyo after the Saleebaan Deegan to Garacad in the coast"
which means after 150 km North of hobyo when you finish the Saleebaan deegaan , you will enter Sacad deegaan and from there til you reach Garacad. Garacad is shared city Sacad and MJ, Jariibaan is also Sacad. This makes the Entire Mudug HG land some people where arguing with me the other day.

:dead:

I have seen some bullshit during my time on Snet but this tops it all

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 am

Garacad and Jariban hawiye?
:dead:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.