Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The richest Somalis.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

The richest Somalis.

Postby GAMES » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Has there ever been a list of the Richest Somalis in the world that has been compiled anywhere?

Like the Fortune 100 Richest Somalis or something like that.

I know Somalis are ultra private and very conservative people when if comes to discussing money and they don't like to brag about their wealth unlike Americans, but is there away to measure Somali wealth?

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: The richest Somalis.

Postby GAMES » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Another thing, do you think there is a Somali billionaire out there?

How much do you think the Richest Somali is probably worth?

$100 million?

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 pm

*waits for all the fools to start googling and claim the richest man is from their clan.

Ps.no somali billionaires.only a few in the whole of africa. As for millionaires, probably, but these companies are often owned by numerous people and their accounts are hardly transparent. Baasto, get rich or die poor thursday.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Not so much about Qabiil, but how did these Somalis make their fortune and millions? I've been watching Cnbc's "American Greed", "The Profit" and Shark Tank alot lately.

Its amazing to me how small companies started and grew up to become multi million dollar companies.

Richest Somali I know who lives in my State owns 2 restaurants, and a cleaning services that about 11 Mexicans work at. They live in a very big house and all 3 of his sons all drive either Lexus or new model cars.

Wish I had lacag, instead of living from paycheck to paycheck.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:48 pm

What do you guys think is the most profitable business for someone to get into?

I always thought the Food Industry was where everyone tested their entrepreneunurial skills, to see if they were cut out for owning a business.

But the food industry is saturated here in the US, and there are plenty of Somali restaurants, so there is no point in going into opening a restaurant.

So what else is left for anyone who wants to start their own business?

unstoppablefade
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby unstoppablefade » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:57 pm

What do you guys think is the most profitable business for someone to get into?
Your question is too vague, this depends entirely on how much capital you have and how big your balls are.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 pm

And that's the thing, I have looked several start ups that I am good at and I think I could be successful, but there are twenty million people doing it already. Everything u think of, someone else is doing it.

I have a friend who opened up a franchised Gas station, but when he told what he had to go through to open it, I almost lost all hope of ever doing something like.

How do people just make it some cut throat businesses like that, without losing their cool or determination in the process.

ChiefKimbo
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ChiefKimbo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 pm

:::

Me... one day.

Bari14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bari14 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:21 am

I've written out my road map to riches. They only you'll be wealthy is through starting your own business or jointly with some top notch ppl.

My cousin told me that a bunch of guys approached him to start a tuna factory in Maakhir a while back. He asked about the partnership contract and they said it they were going by shariah :damn:

He turned them down and and a couple months later the same hafiz ended up screwing over his comrades in the process :wow:

Caesar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Caesar » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 am

Rich somalis don't brag about their wealth, I think the richest somalis are the diaspora expat niggas in Dubai etc. or corrupt politicians etc.

when I make my millions i'm going ghost. No government list no fingerprints nigga

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.