Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

should somalia become multi cultural country?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: should somalia become multi cultural country?

Postby original dervish » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:02 am

When the country settles down insha'llah, the Earth and her mother will want to come to Somalia.

Amira143
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amira143 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 am

I think I would be closet racist if that happened.

We can't even get along as somalis due to different qabils. What do you think will happen when outsiders inject their different beliefs, colours, language and principles?.... Disaster! Let's not even go there.

Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Chinaman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:35 am

Somalia is already 20% non-native Somali mate... lol

Anyway if it ever happens, it should be from countries like Ethiopia (Muslim groups), Yemen, Turkey, Kenya (muslim), maybe some Euro groups like Italians. Anyway with Somalia's huge diaspora population, a good percentage of future diaspora Somalis returning back will have some sort of another ancestry apart from Somali, add to that the different cultures the diaspora folks will be coming with, we're already sort of seeing that in Somalia. That in itself is bringing "multiculturalism" to the country in some way.

What Somalis also need to do is to halt our population increasing imho. 10-12 million is perfect for our country and is well fit for the resources the country has. The lesser the population the more resources to share around in a lot case tbh. And before any of you go on about human capital, Somalia will never be and should never aim to be huge population countries like Nigeria, India, Ethiopia, China etc Our Model should be small population countries with good economic developments and a high GDP per capita. If I had any sort of authority, I'd start up a 2 child policy for all non-Nomadic urban residents right now.

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:40 am

It was multi cultural, the bloodthirsty beasts put an end to it.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:45 am

Somalia is the first country to be colonised by africans in the 21st century.i am baasto you will end up leaving in the indian ocean unit.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:04 am

And what? Let the country become another poor african country with a lower class of poor somalis and the rich indians, indhayars and whites holding all the positions of economic and political power? My answer to your question is an adamant and vehement no. Maybe in a few hundred years when the average somali enjoys the political, judicial and economic advantages that whites enjoy in their countries. Why should we be multicultural when somalis are treated like shit abroad and now even in their own homeland? Somalia for somalis.

Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Substance » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:20 am

Whats with this thinking that people from outside will solve our problems? This reminds me of the AA in the states expecting everything to be solved for them.

Few immigrants with skills needed that cannot be provided otherwise could immigrate but for a country barely managing monoculture population its sucide to introduce multicultural and new problems it brings with it.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:16 am

I want more indhayar Thailand Cambodia etc Italians and swedes. No one should refuse them.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:20 am

Whats with this thinking that people from outside will solve our problems? This reminds me of the AA in the states expecting everything to be solved for them.

Few immigrants with skills needed that cannot be provided otherwise could immigrate but for a country barely managing monoculture population its sucide to introduce multicultural and new problems it brings with it.
we need to revitalise Somali identity, a Somali resonance is needed.

If we did not have rebels Somalia would be like Denmark today. We were already in process of moving away from communism.

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:46 am

Somalia would be like Zimbabwe now if MSB still ruled. That's still better than how it is now.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Somalia would be like Zimbabwe now if MSB still ruled. That's still better than how it is now.
I don't know enough about Zimbabwe to comment on that, but I know for sure that Mogadishu looked 10 times better than Copenhagen circa 2 decades ago, and now the two don't even compare as the latter is now light years ahead.

I don't think Siad would still rule today had he not been overthrown, his son or one of his close trusted colleagues would take his place.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.